UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3

youbastards

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingsley will do anything for a dollar. But. . .that doesn't mean he isn't still great! I saw him recently in Hugo, and he was fantastic. I wonder who he will play? New character, maybe?

Iron Man's rogues gallery is pretty thin at the top, heavy on the bottom. Mandarin, the Hammers, the Stanes, the Communists, and Roxxon Oil are about it for masterminds. The Commies aren't relevant anymore, Hammer and Stane were in the first two movies. That leaves a guy with alien rings and the big evil oil company. They've already stated thay are not sure if/how Mandarin would work in a this version of Iron Man's world. And as much as I love the old days of everything being a Roxxon plot, we've already done the Tony vrs evil coporate guy twice.

My suggestion? Do an Armor Wars type story, but change some of the players. Kingsly could play the Tinkerer and he, not Hammer, could be responsible for stealing Tony's designs and outfitting super criminals with them. It would give you an opertunity for a ton of lower tier costumed goons like Beetle, Blizzard, Killer Shrike, Unicorn, Blacklash, Melter, Living Laser, Spymaster, maybe even the Ghost.

Mind you, I'd rather see a well done Mandarin story, but a good Armor Wars movie will do.

last i heard, IM3 was rumoured to be less of a high-flying action film with things being blown up by a big-bad-super-powered villain, and more of a super-spy, corporate espionage type affair. Not sure if that's still going to be the case - but Kingsley seems more like a corporate white collar criminal than a mech-baddie to me.

• 1 month later...

Coldblood? Really? Not one of Tony's actual bad guys, but Coldblood? Couldn't even swing for Deathlock for cryin' out loud? No Blizzard, or Melter, or the Ghost... Coldblood. Oy!

I was thinking it very loudly.

I thought Dale was excellent in The Pacific. A nice addition. Anyway, I had to google Coldblood (awesome shoulder pads!), but it seems to me that it would work thematically with what's been set up in the IM movies- corporate espionage with the goal of making enhanced soldiers. So I guess Kingsley will be this Mako in charge of (best name ever) Project: Ultra-Tech?

I was thinking it very loudly.

I thought Dale was excellent in The Pacific. A nice addition. Anyway, I had to google Coldblood (awesome shoulder pads!), but it seems to me that it would work thematically with what's been set up in the IM movies- corporate espionage with the goal of making enhanced soldiers. So I guess Kingsley will be this Mako in charge of (best name ever) Project: Ultra-Tech?

I also think the Ghost would work great here. And instead they choose Coldblood?

Well maybe they'll do a Whiplash/Dynamo thing with Coldblood and Ghost.

i feel like Marvel has been going for some of the lesser known villains in the Ironman films, but both monger and whiplash were atleast ironman villains to begin with, so i doubt they will use someone not even from tony's story as a main character...or maybe they plan on creating a big cabal out of tony's more impressive villains?

http://collider.com/iron-man-3-jon-favreau-ashley-hamilton/168594/

this pretty much confirms my suspicion that Ironman 2 was leading up to Armor Wars :D

hope that means Sam Rockwell will be returning! also, anyone think there is a chance Cap and Hawkeye will make cameo appearances like in the comics? :D also im guessing Rhodes will take Stingrays place

Edit: and yes i know their saying it takes from the Extremis plot as well, but i feel thats a perfect feed in as well

Edited by undeadpool

Yep, this confirms it, we've had two good movies, now it's time for the obligatory muddled mess to finish out the trilogy.

Iron Man 2 was good, but a bit of a muddled mess itself, don't'cha think?

Can't say I've ever been huge on Iron Man myself, so have no idea who these villains are... some of these names though, pretty amusing. I dread to think how much RDJ is getting paid for this one.

Just read this and googled the character. so a big weaponised armour, looks like they are trying to cross Iron-Monger with Warmachine. dunno what to make of it at moment. For me I like the IM movies and IM in the Avengers. I can see the stumbling block with these films though ppl want to see bigger and better armours everytime out and that I see as 1 trick pony.

For me just to keep all the IM films tied together I would have had the IM2 Whiplash actually design a more Crimson Dynamo styled armour and the designed be found in this movie and used. Also if Kinglsey is the Mandarin of sorts while he might not have armour as is the rings could be explained as tech and for one of them to control a big metallic green (I'm thinking goblin from Spidey 1 colour) Fing Fang Foom styled robot for the big end of film final battle.

^Agreed, mostly.

I still really wish they would have at least dyed Whiplash's armor red. I mean, they had green, black, blue, and tan Drones, so obviously he was capable. And having the Hammer and Sickle tattooed on him, he's obviously a proud Commie. Is it so hard to believe that he would have built a "RED" Armor for himself at the end? Would have been very nice, since we was pretty much Dynamo already.

I just don't want this to actually turn into the finale from the 90s cartoon, where Mandarin gives everyone armored suits. I don't want expendable, D-list villains to get pulverized by Tony and not care. I expect international terrorism and villains you actually fear, something IM2 lacked. Considering the fact that they specifically said that the point of this movie was to make Tony feel cut off and alone, i hadn't expected 30 villains to be a part of that.

Oh Jesus Christ. Now they're abusing a personal favorite character of mine. Wonderful. I hate this film already.

The actor that plays Coldblood is in the suit. I can't even...why?!?!?!

you dont think this makes sense?

i read a rumor somewhere that there will be 30 odd armors in this film...thats perfect for armor wars, maybe coldblood will have his own look first, but then who ever is building these armors in bulk hires him to be one of the pilots