UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

Zach, since the design art pix leaked from the con anyway, is there any chance you can please share good quality versions with us with the understanding that the final product may change from what is shown?

I will likely never post control art before product art is shown. Chuck's law. Panels are an exception.

And putting a grey Hulk in a best of series probably wouldn't fly, given his relative obscurity. It's why we chose red Daredevil and blue Mr. F and grown-up Loki.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would almost rather see just a Banner figure then Banner with Hulk add ons. I was thinking the same about that new Ben Grimm/Thing. I'm probably in the minority here, but it just seems like a lot of work to try to make the colors line up, Banner looks awkward wearing a green shirt. Looks like he's gonna get alternate arms too. When I first heard the concept, I thought Banner would have a white suit underneath and the parts that still show after you "Hulk him up" like elbows, side of torso, etc. would be covered with torn clothing sculpted around those areas on the bulked up pieces. Oh well, everyone else seems to like it. I've wanted an updated Banner for years now and there's plenty of chest pieces that could be swapped out. Everything else loks really awesome. Best Of Wave 1 were pretty much repaints, surprised to see so much effort put into Loki, he's really a totally new Loki compared to what's been released before. I'll definitely pick up all of these.

I know it's just wishful thinking on my part, but how cool would it be if Banner came packed with bonus flesh colored arms and a non muscly flesh colored chest block so we could have a post Hulk transformation Bruce. Three minimates in one. If only.... :confused:

I can't believe that DST is planning on giving us enough extra parts to turn the Hulk into Bruce Banner, and people are asking for more parts. Ingrates! :biggrin:

BTW, the Mr. Fix-it from the Hulk TTA set will have extra parts to make a bulked up grey Hulk.

I can't believe that DST is planning on giving us enough extra parts to turn the Hulk into Bruce Banner, and people are asking for more parts. Ingrates! :biggrin:

BTW, the Mr. Fix-it from the Hulk TTA set will have extra parts to make a bulked up grey Hulk.

SWEET!Looks like i'll have to buy two tta sets!

Making Banner's shirt green was not a lot of work at all. In fact, it was the least amount of work. Hiding a white shirt with sculpting, on the other hand, seems like a LOT of work.

At some point, you need to stop putting parts in the package. Luckily, we've made a lot of white shirts and bare chests, I think.

Hey Zach:

-Liklihood that the Mr. Fantastic will have the new parts shown with the Series 48 one? It'd be nice to have an all-encompassing "classic" version of him with all the different stretch attachments. :D

- The production picture shows Hulk with the "old" mega rage hands. The production art at the panel shows him with the new "finger" hands. Any idea which it'll be?

Yer the best, fella!

I was thinking it would be cool if we could get an alternate color 4 pack as a con exclusive or something. Definitely grey hulk, and yellow daredevil, maybe black costume punisher with white gloves and boots, and maybe a more comic accurate x-men suit deadpool. Though, daredevil and deadpool wouldn't be a straight color swap, they would require slight changes. I don't know if that would make it more unlikely to happen, but that would be really great. That's just how I feel though, I really want a bulked up gray hulk and up dated yellow daredevil.

I was thinking it would be cool if we could get an alternate color 4 pack as a con exclusive or something. Definitely grey hulk, and yellow daredevil, maybe black costume punisher with white gloves and boots, and maybe a more comic accurate x-men suit deadpool. Though, daredevil and deadpool wouldn't be a straight color swap, they would require slight changes. I don't know if that would make it more unlikely to happen, but that would be really great. That's just how I feel though, I really want a bulked up gray hulk and up dated yellow daredevil.

the mr fixit hulk will come with extra parts to make a bulked up gray hulk(that's what hellpop said).In his spot i would place rulk.We still haven't gotten a bulked up version of him (the mvc one doesn't count since it's hulk but in red not rulk).

There wasn't anything like that on display at the con, nor was there anything about it at the panel. Hellpop might know something we don't; but from what I have seen, there is no straight up gray hulk in the immediate future.

Ps. I completely agree with you Kostis, the MvC red hulk not is really red hulk. I would also like to get a bulked up red hulk too, but not before gray hulk.

Edited by SuperChefMate

There wasn't anything like that on display at the con, nor was there anything about it at the panel. Hellpop might know something we don't; but from what I have seen, there is no straight up gray hulk in the immediate future.

Ps. I completely agree with you Kostis, the MvC red hulk not is really red hulk. I would also like to get a bulked up red hulk too, but not before gray hulk.

He probably got confused. He maybe meant that he will be able to be turned into the battle damaged version. It has happened to me a lot of times.

My memory of the Mr. Fix-it figure was that it had an extra torso with grey parts, but I could be (probably am) mistaken.

• 1 month later...

Im on vacation in Orlando at the moment. Went to Islands of Adventure today, and was in the Marvel land. Ended up on my own (my family wimped out) on Dr Dooms fear whatevertheheckitscalled. When I met up with my girlfriend afterwards she said "they have minimates in that shop"

"really? Minimates?"

"Yep"

I half expected to find megablocks or something (should never have doubted her, shes seen enough minis to know) but she showed me, sure enough there were about 8 minimate packs. Six of the Cap and Thor sets, and a couple of the Evil Daredevil sets from wave 38.

Was our little community aware that these were sold there? And if so, when did this happen?

Sadly they were tucked away, on an extra small display, at pretty much floor level. Considering the absolute tat that they sell in there, and at the prices they sell for, it's a shame they didn't have loads of Spidey/Goblin and Wolvey packs in prime position. I can't believe they wouldn't fly off the shelves, perhaps they already had.

We then went to the studios next door and had lunch in the Classic Universal Monsters diner when this conversation happened:

"They make minimate Draculas/Mummies don't they?"

"Yes"

"Why don't they sell them here? This crowd would love them"

"Don't even go there..."

No, I don't think we ever knew that. I hope that the number of like sets hanging around there means that they had full cases that sold through nicely, rather then just a bunch of random packs at a distributor. Seems to me like a place where blind bags or an army dump-style display of single packed 'mates might be really successful. What were they priced at?

I used to go with my family every few years, and I remember them having them for a while. I.completely forgot though; the last time I was there was Sept. 2010, they had wave 35 or 36 or both. I remember seeing as far back as 25 I believe.