UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

...with the heavy packs being shared at specialty, which is 4-4-3-1.

Do the specialty stores actually like, or request that ratio?

Specialty assortments are three evenly-packed sets and a one-per-case variant; it's the way we've done it with lots of lines, and there's not many other ways to do it -- unless we do a fourth set or even-pack the variants and go 4-4-2-2, as we have with other lines.

The reason I ask is it's my opinion that the 4-4-3-1 ratio has hurt minimates at specialty. This is based on what I have seen in my area (and of course it might just be the opposite of the rest of the world.) The chase variant at big box is ostensibly to garner repeat visits; most folks who buy at specialty are already repeat customers who know when product is going to arrive. And most specialty stores only make an order for minimates once, so unlike big box you aren't likely to come back and find the product refreshed with more product. Chase figures aren't going to generate the kind of random visits at specialty that they do at big box.

Of all the comic shops in the Houston area, only Bedrock City carries minimates with any kind of regularity anymore. They have 4 locations and will send merchandise from one store to another when customers are looking for something. My nearest store sold the Amy variant (to a customer at another store) with in an hour of opening that morning. Since I couldn't get a full set and the other three stores were out, I didn't buy any WD2 at the store. I went home and ordered a set online. I was in the store today to pick up the new Marvel 4 pack and they still have not sold a single WD2 minimate past that Amy. I know for a fact one other store in the area quit carrying any minimates because he wouldn't sell any more after the variant set was gone. I suspect similar occurred at some of the other stores that used to carry them around here. It's why I asked if stores are actually asking for the 4-4-3-1 ratio. From what I've seen at the very least the standard for specialty should be 4-4-2-2, but 3-3-3-3 seems like it would be best.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the NW. I don't think Nan's carries as much as Bedrock does though, or do they? I was in there about a month ago and it didn't look like it. Third Planet quit carrying, as did Pop Culture Co. on I-10. The two shops out towards Katy don't, the one in Baytown doesn't, DNA Comics in Humble doesn't, the two in the Woodlands don't. And yet the TRUs in all those areas have at least decent sales of minimates. So we've got minimate collectors here who could potentially be buying at those stores.

3-3-3-3 is IMO ....& has been for some while....the only way to go.

I could see where some places could want 4-4-2-2 if they might have more casual traffic, so that it would be desirable to have A-listers like Spidey in greater quantity. There is a chain called Hastings that are half book store and half...entertainment stuff like video games, movies, comics, toys and trend type stuff. They carry a lot of direct market toys, including minimates. These stores are in smaller cities that don't have some of the big chain bookstores.

Actually, a little over a month ago, we did a big weekend "tour" of the Hastings (plus TRU and a couple comic shops - scored a Battle Beast collector case, woot!) from Houston to Waco to Austin to San Antonio and back. And every Hastings that had WD2 was missing Amy and not much else.

This wave is confusing. No variant and only one zombie?

The description reads that both prison Lori and Alice come packed with the shoulder zombie, hence one of the two ladies will come 3 in a case and the other will be the variant. That's how I interpreted it.

Too bad about only the one zombie in this wave. I hope the complementing TRU wave makes up for the lack of the walkers in the comic shop wave. Fingers crossed.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

This wave is confusing. No variant and only one zombie?

The description reads that both prison Lori and Alice come packed with the shoulder zombie, hence one of the two ladies will come 3 in a case and the other will be the variant. That's how I interpreted it.

Too bad about only the one zombie in this wave. I hope the complementing TRU wave makes up for the lack of the walkers in the comic shop wave. Fingers crossed.

I hope the TRU exclusives can be easily found!

I want a Michonne in her prison duds, oh and Axel, he's dead on the show now so will we ever get him?

Carl is priority number one for me, I can't believe he hasn't been made yet. DST obviously would use the new kid arms and legs so I don't get the delay, I can't be the only one curious on what the hold up is? Maybe wave 5 :( with Negan :D

The Governor is cool though

I believe the politically correct terms you're searching for are "walkers" and "survivors." tongue.png

But yeah, I recall a certain level of disappointment when it was announced that the walker 2-packs were going away. As much as fans love their favorite survivors, this property is just as much about the undead and – for this toy line specifically – assembling a horde of diverse, flesh-eating zombies.

You can't please everyone. Heck, I'm happy if I can score the TRU exclusives.

Carl, Tyresse, Bicycle Zombie (w/ bike), Penny. :yes:

They will be one per case. And no, I don't mean one if each. :no:

:D

It hasn't been announced yet.

Edited by Onyx_6