UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

Luke said the zombies were his weakest sellers. I was just surprised people wanted zombies more than survivors.

Wait, what? You were surprised people wanted zombies more? But it's the other way around. Or was it a typo?

Now, when will we see the bicycle girl zombie? When we can get a Minimate scale bicycle? smile.png

Before we'll see an official bike, you can use Playmobil bikes for kids, like I did here. It's a pretty good scale for 'mates.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, I prefer the survivors. If the line were just zombies, I probably wouldn't collect the majority of it, maybe a few here and there. Maybe. They're all well done, I just get more excited about the survivors.

I don't prefer one over the other, I just thought DST had the right balance in the first place by putting walkers in with survivors and throwing in some walker 2-packs to outnumber the survivors. I can understand why the walker 2-packs aren't selling, though, since they're not only very specific zombies but shared with a mass market retailer. But like I suggested, maybe tossing in some survival accessories is the way to move the undead.

Full disclosure: I haven't opened ANY of my Walking Dead 'mates. Does that make me a bad person?

Well, we have plenty of zombies coming. Our SDCC set is half zombies, as well.

so is the sdcc a four pack or more

I believe I said it was a four-pack in the Daily Dead interview:

http://dailydead.com/the-walking-dead-collectibles-exclusive-interview-with-diamond-select-toys-zach-oat/

When will DST begin revealing their SDCC exclusives Zach?

A month in advance? Maybe more?

Zach, I meant to ask in the Q&A, are there any more black & white packs planned, or was last year's Dale set a one-off exclusive to promote the line?

I don't have any desire to have a 1:1 ratio of color/b&w Minimates, but having a nice chunk of the more well-known survivors in b&w would be cool to have in my collection.

So the SDCC pack is composed of 2 survivors ....whilst the other 2 are decomposing . Correct?

Yes, as I understand the interview. Maybe the zombies are only "half-zombies"...? :)

the-walking-dead-released-a-series-of-we

Edited by youbastards

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone who reads WD know if the story showing where Ty finds his hammer is new-er? I just read it today and had never seen it. I've seen Michonne's, the Governors, and Morgan's but was really happy to see Ty again. Can't wait till series 5 to get him.

Does anyone think we'll get more Andrea's now that Lori Holden is gone? I thought of that today and I really want a civi clothed one :(

Yeah the FCBD Tyreese is brand new and exclusive to that issue.

I don't think the television series dictates what Minimates we get, as Andrea is a major character in the comics I would imagine we'll see her again.

I hope your right Shane! because I thought Zach said that they try to make characters who are prominent in the show.

Again I hope I'm wrong or we won't be getting characters for a while! Ever!

Where's Carl!?

Edited by zakkatz

Cool seeing adverts for minimates in magazines = more people buying minimates......

............ meaning more competition hunting down those toys'r'us exclusives.......

............ meaning sales go up for DST so they have to make more minimates, it's a vicious circle

Edited by winkerbean