UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to trim him down if he's full size.

It's a pity, because he is a fundemental character and has to be made.

Most things I can live with if slightly unacurate, but a child the same size as the adults won't be right.

John Connor. James Howet. Robin.

The 2nd. Captain Britain from the Excalibur set looks like a child in comparison to the other characters .... Meggan looks like his yummy mummy <_< . I know I gripe but there are just too many scale anomalies in the Minimate line. I 'get' that the Sentinels & the Galactii can't be to scale & I applaud the latest Hulk/Juggs/Thing types but there are some recently produced 'punies' out there that deserve better.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Thanks... they're the ones! :thumbsup:

So what's wrong with these being used for Carl?

I assume that a mold was created for these prototypes, add a bit of paint, cowboy hat and bingo!

I'd rather have an unarticulated Carl than a over sized Carl.

These actually look TOO small. I was thinking a 1.5" 'mate would be fine. These look like 1" 'mates.

it's bad enough that I can't put Bane's mask on Spiderman. I don't want to have the same problem with Carl.

Why would you want to put Bane's mask on Carl?

I think the proportions are more of a problem than the size. Those look like shrunken down adults, which would be fine for a smaller Antman or Wasp, but children have larger head-to-body ratios, and other body differences.

These actually look TOO small. I was thinking a 1.5" 'mate would be fine. These look like 1" 'mates.

it's bad enough that I can't put Bane's mask on Spiderman. I don't want to have the same problem with Carl.

Why would you want to put Bane's mask on Carl?

Nice, I was just going to ask the same question. In my opinion, certain figures should just be smaller/or bigger, and left that way to display, and don't need to be interchangeable.

1) they don't move. 

2) the pieces aren't interchangeable with everything else. it's bad enough that I can't put Bane's mask on Spiderman. I don't want to have the same problem with Carl.

Not moving is fine with me when the alternative is a 10 year old child being as big as an adult.

A big Carl, is no Carl at all.

Looking again... the position of the arms are different on each kid.

I'd say that they are in ball joints, add to that the joints between the head and at the waste (I'm presuming here that they were not moulded as an entire thing) then that's plenty of movement. OK, we may not have elbow and knee joints, but that's a decent compromise IMO.

06091be7.jpg

And TM2, do you really need every mate to have interchangeable parts?

I know you like to dress every character as Black Cat, but can this not be a one off that avoids your molesting!?

The recent Snarf reveal shows us that DST can bend the rules when a important character does not fit within the MM style.

the problem with scale isnt that fans want the interchangeability, its that the factory would have to create an entirely new mold that is only going to be used once and cant use parts from pre-existing mates so every part will have to be newly made and will only be used once, then you have the pricing for tampo's on that mold that will only be used once, and how to fit it into a set without altering the pricing model, then you have to deal with that a kid with a baseball cap is probably not going to sell as much as the other packs so your paying for a new mold that will only be used once and will not make back the money that made it.

personally i love the slipper feet solution or even shortened legs. i want all my mates in same scale unless they are extreme conditions such as Antman/Wasp or a MAX Mate Sentinel/Galactus/Giantman

If I can accept Kitty Pride being the same height as Thor, then it is very easy to accept that 'zombie snack' Carl is the same height as his dad. :sweat:

Really... that's some height difference.

[ee126832.jpg

I do get what you are saying though, but I seem far more happy for a little bit of creative height irregularities in the Marvel waves than I do here.

Perhaps i don't see it as just a height issue, but more a 'he's a small child, thus must be significantly shorter' issue? :confused:

I think the proportions are more of a problem than the size. Those look like shrunken down adults, which would be fine for a smaller Antman or Wasp, but children have larger head-to-body ratios, and other body differences.

Agreed. I'm wondering if we could get away with some 2" parts on a 1.5" body.

I do like the slipper feet for slightly shorter characters like teenage sidekicks and certain Canadian mutants but there are some characters who really need to be significantly shorter than current methods allow.

Yeah I would have to shorten him for sure, like I did John Connor:

IMG_1644.jpg

I think I'll be following your style, but I'm not convinced that John Connor is short enough for Carl.

I wonder how far it could be pushed, without slicing segments off and sticking back together?

Hopefully Carl won't have his typical 'Science Dog logo' T-Shirt as that will probably show where it has been trimmed.

John Connor. James Howet. Robin.

are these three supposed to be examples of successful child minimates? if so, try again, everyone either shortened their John or said “I wish Luke’s mod was the official version”, no one likes James, and Robin is bigger then Batman.

if they’re examples of children made the size of adults we’re just supposed to be deal with then yeah, those sure are adult sized kids, good point! (also note John and Robin do NOT have shortening feet, Robin’s feet are the same weird ‘fairy bootie’ Harley Quinn and Deadman use. and John’s feet are a reuse of Future Marty McFly Jr’s feet which are also used on the adult sized Jogger Ghost... so those two aren’t even ‘attempts at child sized’ mates they’re just giant children.)

To contribute here’s my idea for three (5?) new parts that could make a decent enough child sized minimate WHILE KEEPING the swappability and articulation of the 2inch mates:

post-1897-0-30878000-1341986831_thumb.pn

A smaller torso block, designed to be no wider then that of the hip piece(so belts can be reused) will greatly reduce height and overall mass, Completing the look would be a new set of shins and forearms.

Why shorten the shins?! The shortened shins would give ‘slipper’ feet height (it would still have the weird ‘feet in the shins’ look unfortunately) but it would GAIN the C3 hole and the ability to change shoes the slipper feet currently lack. Shortened arms are to keep them proportional, current slipper mates look like apes since the arms are too long (speaking of which, where’s my Rise of the PotA minimates!!! New Goblin and Gollum aren’t cutting it anymore!)

I don’t think any of those pieces are too dramatic a change NOR without president (BIG characters have taken to using an I-crotch instead of a T-crotch, why not a new ‘slim’ torso for tiny characters and we’ve been seeing many mates with sculpted shins, thighs, forearms, or shoulders, so it’s not like the arms/legs can’t be changed for design purposes when needed.) Plus I just want to add making these new piece can lead to following reusues:

-Puck again in a TRU 2-pack with whatever Alpha member doesn’t make it into Alpha Flight Box Set 2

-Manga (Spider-Claw if you must) Spider-man

-Ultimate Spider-man

-Black Ultimate Spider-man

-Symbiote Ultimate Spider-man

-Wolverine

-Wolverine!

-Wolverine!!

-Wolverine!!!

shortened minimates: too logical NOT to make

edit: crap, James Franco was NEW Goblin not Green Goblin, STUPID! I’m so stupid...

Edited by dr baghead