UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

As soon as Daryl Dixon pops up in the comics (or has he already? I only read the trades), DST needs to recognize his popularity from the show, and fasttrack his 'Mate.

Not yet, but I'm expecting him anytime now, either in the current story arc or directly following it.

Issue 100, just under a month away!

Edited by AdamBomb

There IS an ignore feature.

The banter going back and forth in this thread was all in fun, your comment was mean-spirited. If you don't like reading a member's posts, at least do the rest of us a favor and don't be a troll about it.

Not being a troll. Not everyone that posts something you disagree with is a troll. Get over yourself. But thank you for pointing out the "ignore" feature. Looking into that now...

Thought I'd come back an echo a previous idea.

DST, PLEASE give us Dale's RV! I'll buy MULTIPLES of them, that's how serious I am. COME ON, GIMMIE THE RV!

Edit: And I hope this line DOESN'T end after only a handful of waves. There are a ton of characters I'd love to collect as Minimates.

Edited by AdamBomb

Thought I'd come back an echo a previous idea.

DST, PLEASE give us Dale's RV! I'll buy MULTIPLES of them, that's how serious I am. COME ON, GIMMIE THE RV!

Edit: And I hope this line DOESN'T end after only a handful of waves. There are a ton of characters I'd love to collect as Minimates.

I'd buy one, but I don't see it happening. I think a Lego custom is your best bet.

I think this line can survive at retail based on the zombies alone. I think, based on sales (not sure about the length of the license), this should exceed several waves, and could potenially see more waves than Ghostbusters (if the license is for many years). It's not that hard to draw variations in civilian characters in an ongoing comic book :)

I want a box set of Walking Dead characters as resurrected super heroes, as seen at the end of issue 75.

I would pass on that.

I'm all for supporting people getting what they want made, but this would be such a waste. They aren't part of the actual story, it was just a brief gag. They would never fit in any display, and the costumes are so incredibly bland and boring.

If you really, really want these, either customize them or commission them from a customizer. I would hope DST would never waste the resources or slots on these.

You know what else I am hoping for? Maybe just as a variant? A riot suit Glenn or Rick... I mean, they could reuse the MAX gear, and create a new helmet (since the ones produced aren't accurate to the comic). Regardless of what/who is made, this line is one that I am 100% intending on being a completest of.

About the RV, I know it isn't likely to be made, but for a very long time in the comics (and for a bit in the show), the RV was almost a character itself.

Edited by AdamBomb

You know what else I am hoping for? Maybe just as a variant? A riot suit Glenn or Rick... I mean, they could reuse the MAX gear, and create a new helmet (since the ones produced aren't accurate to the comic). Regardless of what/who is made, this line is one that I am 100% intending on being a completest of.

About the RV, I know it isn't likely to be made, but for a very long time in the comics (and for a bit in the show), the RV was almost a character itself.

Riot Suit Glenn is essential. He wore that thing a lot. Even if they didn't make others in the suits, I'd buy two and stick a Rick head on it.

I mourned the RV's death as much as the other characters who went down at the prison.

Riot Suit Glenn is essential. He wore that thing a lot. Even if they didn't make others in the suits, I'd buy two and stick a Rick head on it.

I mourned the RV's death as much as the other characters who went down at the prison.

Riot Suit Glenn, Rick, or Tyreese & Riot Suit Andrea or Michonne Pack would quickly become the next Shield Agents sell out pack just to quick custom all the characters.

Ya'know what's nice about minimates...

I've never read a single issue of the Walking Dead comic. It's on my to-do list, but thus far not scratched off. I've read and heard a few basic tidbits and spoilers about it, but not much else.

That said, like so many, I watch and enjoy the show.

THAT said, cool thing about minimates is... with the simplified designs, having not read the comic, I want these mates anyway, because as far as I can see they all make pretty passable versions of their show selves. Even if they are based on the comic. I mean Rick still looks like Rick. Shane looks like Shane. Dale Dale. Glen Glen. Even Tyrese, though I know nothing about him, makes a halfway passable T-Dog, perhaps with a touch of quick-customing to suit his clothing to taste. lol. (Though I think Tyrese is showing up in Season 3, so maybe I'll just have to hope T-Dog shows up in the comic eventually. Dunno.)

But anywho... I want them all.

It's kinda the same general idea as when people mix Marvel Movie Mates into their comic book lineups... but in reverse.

So anyway, assuming we never get an accompanying TV Show line... I think it's cool that these still work for me. Furthermore, I like that the lineup chosen seems to be one that can also work for the TV Walking Dead crowd.

And if I read and enjoy the comic book someday, so much the better.

And if the Diamond gets the rights to branch out and do TV ones someday... also so much the better.

But in the meantime, these still work for me.

Though I will agree, that Daryl needs to be fast-tracked as soon as he makes his inevitable comic debut. lol...

EDIT: I just went over the many pages of this thread I hadn't looked at before posting and HOLY jeeze, did I see alot of pissing and moaning about the TV show. Now in light of that combined with what I just posted, I just want to remind everyone, my post was coming from a place of positivity, and I was trying to say good things, so lets try to keep the positive ball rolling, and not just tell me all the reasons liking the TV show sucks, lolz...

Reading the comic is on my to-do list, I swear. :P

Edited by Gillbob316

Gillbob, let me tell you, if you start reading it, you will NOT regret it. I love everything about The Walking Dead, and it's my favorite ongoing comic.

Just don't make a T-Dog out of Tyrese.... They aren't even on the same level, Tyrese was Rick's right hand man, kicked major walker ass, and was a pivotal character. T-Dog? Well, he's there, that's really about it. Just there. As far as T-Dog showing up the comic... I wouldn't stop reading, but I'd send Kirkman a, "COME ON, WHY?!?!" letter.

I really do recommend you check out the comic if you like the show.