UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

I think your O.K. dude. As long as you don't start selling those exclusives at ridiculous prices to support a business that thrives on the pain of other collectors wallets. I mean I horde some exclusives and hard to find figures, kinda like the Red Shirt Scotties, but my reasons are strictly for creative purposes. I even think it's O.K. to sell your old figures at a profit as long as you use the proceeds for more hobbies or charity...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BHM, you are not a scalper. You've practically given stuff away and that is against scalper code of conduct.

I feel your pain guys. There is a comic shop only blocks away from one of the local TRUs and they have insiders that tip them off. They were kind enough to brag share this info with me. Most scalper/comic shop guys are easy to spot (or smell). They are the unkempt, balding with pony-tail, fat, middle aged guy taking all the action figures off their pegs. Look for the tell-tale pushing kids out of the way behavior.

Tell me....I think I can take an honest answer.....does it count if you accumulate 'exclusives' & 'variants' with a vengeance ......but mainly just keep them ? :unsure:

I always thought when some one said said "bought the the farm" it meant theay had died...then I heard about BHM :)

Sorry I couldnt resist as an older nerd/toy geek I would hoard my toys/comics/art before it was the the fashion to let your geek flag fly because ppl would class me as a big kid...now they realise its worth money and has prob realued more then their stuff they want my info.

smurf em, buy what you like and if it is worth more in the end good for you. in the end have fun.

Im

I hate scalpers. Hate, hate, hate. But what can you do?

Not buy from 'em, is what.

I truthfully believe that these things are so expensive because of the show and the whole "exclusive" thing. Once these start hitting stores and TRU.com fixes their items names, people should be able to find these.

And this board is a GREAT place for helping people out with stuff they can't find, in all of it's previous incarnations and this one too.

People, please don't pay so much money for stuff that you just have to have right now. Be patient and wait and don't waste your money on overpriced stuff from people who openly want to screw you.

Have to say I just opened wave 1 and am not dissapointed, these are some great minimates! :)

Here's a couple of crappy camera (Somehow it NEVER quite gets the auto-focus right!) pic of my new zombie ridden desk

The walking dead are sharing space with some 'amuse myself QC's'

post-7-0-58718100-1350951126_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-69384800-1350950958_thumb.jpg

I also bit the bullet and ordered (what I hope are) the TRU exclusives from TRU.com!

T.

That sucks, Fwooshey. :(

I got my shipment from Luke last night (Thanks!) and I have to agree with the previous comments I have read, the quality control on these are top of the line! I really wish all of the releases were as clean and perfect as these mates. It has been debunked (supposedly), but I will go to my grave with the assumption that there are multiple factories producing Minimates, and that one of them is staffed by monkeys.

Edited by youbastards

You ain't going to want to read this but I've never known TRU.com re-stock anything 'minimate' they've sold out of .

However....if these have sold as well & as quickly as they appear to have then we have a phenomenon & it would seem incomprehensible if we don't see a factory re-run or a pretty sharpish 'Best of' wave a la Ghostbusters.

Are box sets planned ?

Mine are showing as 'shipped' but I'll wait to hear what has arrived ......I've had news that my TRU 14 shipment arrived "seemingly like the warehouse decided to just send what they fancied rather than what was on the consignment note"

Different day same ol' same ol' story :angry:

Perhaps they're listed as out of stock because someone finally figured out they had the wrong listings for them and they are relisting correctly?

I don't doubt Walking Dead could be a breakout hit for Minimates, but I'm skeptical they're going to completely sell through in a matter of days, for a couple of reasons:

1) Minimates still simply don't have the general visibility or awareness of, say Marvel Legends. Walking Dead could potentially change that, but this is the first wave. Not that Zach hasn't done a terrific job of promoting them, but I don't get the sense these are (yet) at a level of top-of-mind awareness, either in the toy collecting community or the general public. Just looking through general toy collecting boards, photo streams from NYCC, etc, the top-of-mind brands based on sheer volume of discussion are still MOTU, Marvel and DC lines, and Lego. You have to dig to find mentions of Minimate lines outside our little ecosystem. As I said before, if something high-visibility happened like a set showing up and being plugged on Talking Dead, that could change very quickly.

2) I think the proportion of die-hard collectors (people who know exactly when to hit TRU and actively seek out exclusives) to casual buyers (people who like the license and happen to find them on a trip to the store) isn't any different than for any other license with TRU exclusives. As popular as the show is in mainstream consciousness, I don't think it's produced an army of new, rabid toy collectors (i.e. Walking Dead Zombies).

3) If the robust orders Zach has mentioned, and the history of high production runs for initial waves of a new license (an assumption based on the number of sets I've seen stocked at TRUs compared with later runs) are any indication, there are going to be a lot of these on pegs in a few weeks. I really don't think this was a one-case-and-done scenario for the stores that have already received and sold through them.

The one x-factor I could see slightly nudging up demand is the customizing factor baked into the Shane and Glenn sets. Lots of people on the board, at least, seem to want those baseball caps for customs. So perhaps that could prompt a die-hard collector who normally picks up a set to open and a set to keep mint to go ahead and grab the third pack he finds from a fresh case (assuming he doesn't already take all of the exclusives he finds regardless).

Again, I don't doubt these will see a healthy sell-through, I just don't think it's going to be along the lines of a holiday "it-toy" where people are trampling each other to get them as soon as the case is opened.

Perhaps they're listed as out of stock because someone finally figured out they had the wrong listings for them and they are relisting correctly?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12476213

Seeing as how they're still selling that Marvel vs. Capcom Wolf vs. Vengeful Joe set, I don't think they're going to relist them correctly.

I used up the rest of a gift card yesterday buying the entire set of Walking Dead and I threw the gift card out afterwards. Looks like it's time to call Toys R Us to complain about this whole thing.

Can we get pics of the exclusives from those who have them, please?

I need one of each 2-pack, but I also need an extra cap for a custom. Do Glenn & Shane share the same hat-piece, or are they different?

Exact same Ball cap piece, just painted differently

I could be remembering wrong, but I seem to recall some Ghostbuster stuff going in, then out, then back in to stock online. I could be wrong though. Are the exclusives being shortpacked in this wave?

I so hope you're right about the re-stocking .......& it makes no sense to me why there are short-packed exclusives ? How well did that work with the early Marvel TRU waves ?! :rolleyes:

I know I'm beating a dead cat here people, but for those looking for a Shane & Punk Zombie 2-Pack, I have one to trade... TRADE, not sell...

And as for short packing, I know when my Toys R Us put theirs out on the shelf there were 2 Shane, 2 Glen, 4 Rick, 4 Zombie pack...

Edited by Macross-Junkie