UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

Called three toys r us, the first didn't have any and redirected me to some others that did. Store two took ten minutes to go look and couldn't find them, which is weird. I then called the third store and after being told they had all 12! they ended up with a Glen and no Shanes...should I drive half an hour for Glen... :(

I probably would, but that definitely doesn't make it the right thing to do.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Store two took ten minutes to go look and couldn't find them, which is weird.

Ran into this problem Friday. They show they had 12 but couldn't be found. No peg space, nothing. I wonder how many of these are going out the door with employees.

I wish that Burned Zombie had been the army builder. Lady zombie is nice, but Mr Burned looks the most generic to me, while Mrs Zombie looks the lest generic. My Rick also has the jacket problem. Nothing a little sanding and boiling can't fox, but still. Otherwise, these all feel very high quality. This and Outback X-Men wave are great jumping on points for new collectors, and DST really brought the A game to both.

Also, and sorry if it's been discussed, but is Rick's hair new? I like it but don't recognize it.

Went to one of the busiest TRUs in Houston yesterday. Bad idea. There was literally a line to get in the door. They did have a spot for TWD mates, and they said they put them out that morning but of course they were gone.

Oh. And they were charging $11.99.

Wait, TRU was charging $11.99? There's something wrong there...

Regular store. I asked about that. Apparently it is up to individual stores to charge as much as they want, so long as they don't go below MSRP. Most stores stay right there, but some apparently do not.

Target across from JFK is the most expensive in America though, charging something like %180 retail price.

Store two took ten minutes to go look and couldn't find them, which is weird.

Ran into this problem Friday. They show they had 12 but couldn't be found. No peg space, nothing. I wonder how many of these are going out the door with employees.

I got the same reaction from the woman that helped me in Danbury CT. The system showed 17 packs in store, the pegs had 5. She basically said, "well, they could have walked" (and I don't think she was making a pun)

That's actually happened to me a few times with other Minimates lines. What happens (apparently) is a case will get scanned in coming off the truck, then put in inventory and not unpacked onto the floor for some reason. I've had to wait while a manager goes in back to figure out where the case got put away on these occasions, but it eventually gets located. When the missing number in stock is 12 – the number or sets in a case – this tends to be what has happened.

Which is not to say an employee isn't walking with a whole case in this instance.

i managed to snag the TRU exclusives this past Friday in NH. got lucky as I was out for something else entirely and stopping in 15 minutes before closing. hope everyone can find them, they're awesome.

one of my LCS was having a 50% off everything sale the weekend before and I was able to get the specialty regulars (they were out of WCD) for $4.50 each :biggrin: probably should've bought all they had but i already had a ton of stuff to buy.

I went to an out of the way TRU over the weekend and found some cool stuff like Halo Wave 1 and some older Universal Monsters stuff. I found one pack of Walking Dead minimates on the floor of the aisle amongst some other stuff (kinda messy). It was a Officer Rick/One arm Zombie pack. No other packs left.

I think this is all equal parts, minimate fans, WD fans, and prospective scalpers, that are scooping these up so fast. Hell, some packs are selling on Ebay for $20 and $30 each.

Regular store. I asked about that. Apparently it is up to individual stores to charge as much as they want, so long as they don't go below MSRP. Most stores stay right there, but some apparently do not.

TRU are pretty bad with Lego prices, sets are often marked up from suggested retail, even on their website. I guess it's a sign of confidence in Minimates? Albeit a super annoying one...

Well, my TRU is officially out of WD minimates. When I went in today there were two scalpers who had a cart full of all the remaining Ricks and Herd Zombies, as well as EVERY Marvel Wave 47 Minimate in stock. They also had all the McFarlane WD figures and all the new Marvel Universe 3.5" figures in the cart as well. Pissed me off to no end...

Well, my TRU is officially out of WD minimates. When I went in today there were two scalpers who had a cart full of all the remaining Ricks and Herd Zombies, as well as EVERY Marvel Wave 47 Minimate in stock. They also had all the McFarlane WD figures and all the new Marvel Universe 3.5" figures in the cart as well. Pissed me off to no end...

And I bet they thought nothing of it- like: "What? Tell me you wouldn't do the same thing?"

"Ah, no. I'm not an a-hole." <_<

My TRU today had an untouched case worth of Walking Dead on the pegs. Marvel wave 14 still hasn't been touched since last week when Havok & Storm was bought(after sitting there nearly a week before). But all the new McFarlane figures have been bought up. I really don't see too much in the way of scalping at this TRU as far as minimates go.

I'm a mean person. I would've kicked the cart over as hard as I could and ran like hell.

Everytime I enter a TRU aisle and find a fat guy with a ponytail, my heart sinks....

I'm a fat guy with a big beard, but no ponytail... But then I'm not a scalper and don't have the prerequisite hair extension...

That's actually happened to me a few times with other Minimates lines. What happens (apparently) is a case will get scanned in coming off the truck, then put in inventory and not unpacked onto the floor for some reason. I've had to wait while a manager goes in back to figure out where the case got put away on these occasions, but it eventually gets located. When the missing number in stock is 12 – the number or sets in a case – this tends to be what has happened.

Which is not to say an employee isn't walking with a whole case in this instance.

At least you got someone to go in the back and look. They told me there was no way these were in the back. Even if they were, it would be like “finding a needle in a haystack” as their stock room is apparently like the warehouse in Raiders of the Lost Ark.