UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

I know I'm beating a dead cat here people, but for those looking for a Shane & Punk Zombie 2-Pack, I have one to trade... TRADE, not sell...

And as for short packing, I know when my Toys R Us put theirs out on the shelf there were 2 Shane, 2 Glen, 4 Rick, 4 Zombie pack...

How's about I trade you it for money? :confused:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm beating a dead cat here people, but for those looking for a Shane & Punk Zombie 2-Pack, I have one to trade... TRADE, not sell...

And as for short packing, I know when my Toys R Us put theirs out on the shelf there were 2 Shane, 2 Glen, 4 Rick, 4 Zombie pack...

I'd prefer to trade it for some Star Trek minimates. Give it a week or two, and if no one offers to trade up for some crew that I need for my photo-comic, I'll keep you first in mind...

1351010346[/url]' post='248654']

Perhaps they're listed as out of stock because someone finally figured out they had the wrong listings for them and they are relisting correctly?

I don't doubt Walking Dead could be a breakout hit for Minimates, but I'm skeptical they're going to completely sell through in a matter of days, for a couple of reasons:

1) Minimates still simply don't have the general visibility or awareness of, say Marvel Legends. Walking Dead could potentially change that, but this is the first wave. Not that Zach hasn't done a terrific job of promoting them, but I don't get the sense these are (yet) at a level of top-of-mind awareness, either in the toy collecting community or the general public. Just looking through general toy collecting boards, photo streams from NYCC, etc, the top-of-mind brands based on sheer volume of discussion are still MOTU, Marvel and DC lines, and Lego. You have to dig to find mentions of Minimate lines outside our little ecosystem. As I said before, if something high-visibility happened like a set showing up and being plugged on Talking Dead, that could change very quickly.

2) I think the proportion of die-hard collectors (people who know exactly when to hit TRU and actively seek out exclusives) to casual buyers (people who like the license and happen to find them on a trip to the store) isn't any different than for any other license with TRU exclusives. As popular as the show is in mainstream consciousness, I don't think it's produced an army of new, rabid toy collectors (i.e. Walking Dead Zombies).

3) If the robust orders Zach has mentioned, and the history of high production runs for initial waves of a new license (an assumption based on the number of sets I've seen stocked at TRUs compared with later runs) are any indication, there are going to be a lot of these on pegs in a few weeks. I really don't think this was a one-case-and-done scenario for the stores that have already received and sold through them.

The one x-factor I could see slightly nudging up demand is the customizing factor baked into the Shane and Glenn sets. Lots of people on the board, at least, seem to want those baseball caps for customs. So perhaps that could prompt a die-hard collector who normally picks up a set to open and a set to keep mint to go ahead and grab the third pack he finds from a fresh case (assuming he doesn't already take all of the exclusives he finds regardless).

Again, I don't doubt these will see a healthy sell-through, I just don't think it's going to be along the lines of a holiday "it-toy" where people are trampling each other to get them as soon as the case is opened.

This makes the most sense. As of yesterday there were still over 40 & over 70 in stock of the two listed as exclusives. Doubtfully they sold thru them that fast.

Does anyone else's Rick have a seriously deformed jacket? On the inside it's like...it has like an extra mass of plastic and it puffs off Rick in a very weird way.

I mean, i display Rick with his t-shirt and hat, but the option would be nice and it just doesn't look right. That and i want Shane to wear his and i'd rather not have that screwed up too.

(We have 103 guests reading this. HI GUESTS!!!!!)

Mine did not, but when I was looking at the packs on the shelf at my lcs, I noticed a couple of the Rick jackets appeared to misshapen. I wasn't sure if it was just the way it was sitting in the tray, but it.sounds like It's probably what's going in with your Rick Twisted Two-Face.

I just looked at the 3 jackets I have (2 Ricks, 1 Shane) On both Rick jackets the front flails out at the bottom of the coat. It looks like the front is really thick on one of them and not as thick on the other. This appears to make it jut out a little but when the head is put on, it pushes the collar down a little and makes the jacket jut out more. This isn't as noticeable on the slightly thinner jacket.

Shanes jacket is much thinner than either of the Rick jackets and doesn't have this problem at all.

I'll try to take some pics when I get home later

Edited by Shogi

I'd prefer to trade it for some Star Trek minimates. Give it a week or two, and if no one offers to trade up for some crew that I need for my photo-comic, I'll keep you first in mind...

Cheers buddy :thumbsup:

I stripped my extra Glen last night of his part and accessories (especially his head) to make another Asian Starfleet Officer other than Sulu, and I have an extra baseball cap. I know this is a very sought after accessory, so I'm going to do my best not to come off as a douche... I'll trade it for a single minimate (Star Trek prefered) but I'm willing to entertain offers for other mates as well...

You mean online? I have a hard time believing that toys r us has no more WDMM. I'm sure there changing the names listed, I'm also sure they canceled orders because they possibly were messed up. They most likely got a bunch of complaints over this mix up and want to fix it the best way they know possible....real slow :( I haven't gotten my wave 14 yet and I ordered them on the 13th. I went to see what they had which was nothing, they hate minimates at my TRU and never stock up (there's First Class mates and a Shatterstar/ Cannonball) the guy who rang me out also told me I couldn't get free shipping so I now find it pointless to make the trip.

I know this is always a good sign, but all of the wave 1 listings on TRU that were sold out have now disappeared from the site. You can read into that however you want, but I can't think of any mates that disappeared and then reappeared. :confused:

this makes me feel a bit panicky...not full on cold sweats panic but still a bit of a panic since this line is one that I am really pumped for and if they become ridiculous to find it doesn't look good for me...

Jeff of the Miniacs

Everybody, be cool. Ridiculous mislabeling of the listings leading to them being pulled and relisted correctly seems the most likely scenario. It is extremely unlikely these completely sold out in less than a week; this is how it goes with every TRU.com wave lately – small initial allocation goes up, gets bought out, real allocation goes up several days later, everyone is able to order multiple sets.

Deep breaths.

You mean online? I have a hard time believing that toys r us has no more WDMM. I'm sure there changing the names listed, I'm also sure they canceled orders because they possibly were messed up. They most likely got a bunch of complaints over this mix up and want to fix it the best way they know possible....real slow :( I haven't gotten my wave 14 yet and I ordered them on the 13th. I went to see what they had which was nothing, they hate minimates at my TRU and never stock up (there's First Class mates and a Shatterstar/ Cannonball) the guy who rang me out also told me I couldn't get free shipping so I now find it pointless to make the trip.

I've watched TRU's site daily since they started carrying Minimates and never have I seen them take down a listing to correct a name. As close as they've come was when the Thor movie packs were listed wrong and they re-listed them correctly, but left the orignal listings up. I'm not saying they won't get more in stock, but them disappearing is usually a bad sign that they're gone.

You ain't going to want to read this but I've never known TRU.com re-stock anything 'minimate' they've sold out of .

Groundhog Day ? :whistling:

It happens every time they put up the "sample case" that gets cleaned out within one or two days. I have a strong suspicion the mislabeled sets were that sample case, and they just took a couple days longer to get bought up because of the confusion over what you were actually buying.

BHM, you're the numbers guy: TRU's order for exclusives has to be, what, 3000 units, at least? If AFX is doing runs of 3000 sets for convention exclusives, I can't imagine a national now international retailer would make fewer than that, for a big media property, right before holiday shopping kicks off. Even if TRU.com only gets 10% of that allocation, could they really have burned through 300 of each set in less than a week? It just seems like we'd have seen more on ebay by now, or more online reviews, or comments, or something.

I don't know, maybe there's a doomsday scenario in which TRU decided to pull their support for the line at the very last second because zombies are scary or some mom complained, and now there are cases and cases of exclusives stuck in China never to be seen. But that's about the only way I can think of that involves us not being able to get these mates that are certainly already produced in plentiful supply.

Lobby, I can confirm that I bought more than a sample case's worth of exclusives, and the fact that these are in stores already confirms that there were more than a sample case at the warehouse.

Either

A.) The allotment for the website is sold out, demand was greater than expected.

B.) They took the listings down to correct them, unlikely but possible.

C.) This particular distribution center (Columbus, OH is where mine shipped from) that fulfills the online store is out-of-stock, and another DC will eventually feed stock to the website. I have ordered online before and received items that were shipped from Colorado or another state out west.

My guess is "C".

Edited by youbastards