UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch the TV show & I'll admit it is getting a lot better but I have no idea regards the comic characters which I believe all the Minimates are based on . I'm just throwing it out there ....will the mainstream TV fans be buying these when they, like me, have no clue who the civilian characters are ?

Don't get me wrong ,these look great & I'm intrigued to see these how these will be received by the WD fans once they start hitting the shelves of the UK supplier....whoever that might be?

Got my set pre-ordered yesterday!

DST, PLEASE make more of the main characters (Rick, Glenn, Michonne, Andrea) as black and white variants. I'm not saying do them all at once, but these would be KILLER exclusives... and, I'd love you forever.

We'll see how the line does! And the B&W set!

I watch the TV show & I'll admit it is getting a lot better but I have no idea regards the comic characters which I believe all the Minimates are based on . I'm just throwing it out there ....will the mainstream TV fans be buying these when they, like me, have no clue who the civilian characters are ?

Don't get me wrong ,these look great & I'm intrigued to see these how these will be received by the WD fans once they start hitting the shelves of the UK supplier....whoever that might be?

Not sure they'll get to the UK, at least not officially. Haven't heard that orders were such that we're ponying up for UK testing. But I could be wrong. Ask your local comic shop.

Now, you watch the TV show, but you have no idea who the civilian characters are? Michonne, obviously not, but Rick? Glenn? Shane? Dale? Andrea? Morgan? Amy? They don't look exactly the same between the two media, but everyone who watches the show knows who Glenn is, don't they?

the show has nothing on the comics... I thought the show was awesome then picked up the comics and OMG I cant get enough of it. I read #101 and upset I got to wait so long for #102 lol.

Not sure they'll get to the UK, at least not officially. Haven't heard that orders were such that we're ponying up for UK testing. But I could be wrong. Ask your local comic shop.

Now, you watch the TV show, but you have no idea who the civilian characters are? Michonne, obviously not, but Rick? Glenn? Shane? Dale? Andrea? Morgan? Amy? They don't look exactly the same between the two media, but everyone who watches the show knows who Glenn is, don't they?

I should elaborate.... I was being specific to the Wave 2 characters that Boyd linked to....I've only seen the first couple of series' & I fired off without checking....esp. Michonne...I've yet to see her whilst Morgan doesn't relate to the Morgan I know of from the early episodes.

Not my finest post & I'm wishing I'd thought about it longer :unsure:

Storm 1:08 relayed some info from SDCC (from Chuck ??) that a Brit company pre-ordered a large amount of Walking Dead Series One 'mates....hence my comment

Edited by buttheadsmate

Really excited for wave 2, even though I was hoping that Amy would have a scared or dying face. I need some scared looking minimates to face off against zombies. I was thinking about getting a Wolverine through the Ages set just to get that scared, screaming head. Are there any more scared looking minimates out there?

That's a good idea, we need either scared heads or maybe just a scared face on the other side of the head? (at least for those with a head that's fully covered in the back)

Looking through the database seems the only scared faces are:

James Howlett

GB 2 Ray Stantz

Slime Blower Winston

Slimed Peter Venkman

They're kinda cartoony but there's also Louis Tully from RGB

Louis 2 Pack

Louis 4 Pack

Edited by Shogi

Amy will come with two faces. Check shots of the display at SDCC.

Mike and Terry come with chains, as far as I know. We just don't prototype them before the factory is involved. Like translucent pieces.

The UK thing sounds familiar.

Series 1 @ TRU:

walkingdeadtru1a.jpg

Will all the zombies have solid colored legs like that pic? I feel that they would look a lot better with a little blood/dirt on them.

Painted prototypes usually have more paint on them than production, so I doubt we're adding anything. I shot production samples, and they look the same. Maybe put them in your pocket when you go mountain biking?