UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I think we need to start the army builders again?

Polarboy

86 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see previous army builders reissued

• Yes - In regular waves
    • Yes - In boxsets of a single builder ie 4 sentinals
    • Yes - In mixed boxsets ie 1 sentinal 1 kree etc
    • Yes - In regular waves with a slight variation to prior releases ie battle damage
    • No - I don't want the number of figures released each year reduced to create space for reissues
    • Yes - In single box army dumps
  2. 2. Which Army Builders (non-movie) do you want more of?

I was looking at my minimates and thought that I would really like some more sentinels and multiple men then I have. This is just my opinion but I think there are only about 6 or 7 really good army builder options in the marvel universe and I think they have all been done. So I was wondering what the general opinion would be if we had of got instead of say Nimrod as an army builder a reissue of the sentinels? If they insist they could do some sort of variant (battle damaged or some such)but I would have been perfectly happy with a straight reissue in a new wave. Another possibility is an army builder box set with either for of the same figure or four different army builders if they wanted to yank our chains that little bit. Anyway just wanted to know what you thought

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if any of those figures are popular enough to warrant re-releases. . .but the Sentinel might be. None of those go for an outrageous price on eBay that I'm aware of.

Technically, we've already had some re-releases in the Toys R Us waves. AIM, Vault Guard for some reason, Iron Man drones.

I disagree strongly about the best being done already. The ultimate army builder is yet to come. I'm awaiting the arrival of about a million Moloids for my Mole Man to command (I'd also like a few hundred "mindless ones" for Dormammu to lord over}

I know we are getting SHIELD agents in the next wave or Marvel, but they will be male. I'd like to have a set of female SHIELD agents. Maybe one day we'll get a 616 Maria Hill and then multiples of her can be bought and have a little head swapping action and voila... female army.

i would not want straight re-releases of previous army builders.

I would, however, be happy with female SHIELD agents of Skrulls as MINI_MYTE suggested.

And i think we have a few good army builders left to produce. Brood, Shi'ar soldiers, Prime sentinels (Zero Tolerance), 90's Multiple Man, Ultimatum Troopers, Purifiers, Moloids, Future Nimrods (second coming), Stepford Cuckoos, Madri (AoA), Sentinels (AoA), Phalanx, Warwolves, etc . . .

I know not everyone wants every army builder that i've listed, but i also know that i have surely left out a dozen more possibilities. The main point is - there are still a lot of possible army builders that could be yet to come, and so i may be a bit early for straight rereleases yet.

Gender and battle damage variants might be an ok way to go. But i don't want identical mates taking up spots in future waves.

I wouldn't say no to the box-sets of army builders either. A 4-pack with AIM, SHIELD, Kree & Sentinels etc . . .

I think they should reissue the best army builders in one box set. Probably Hydra agent, AIM soldier, Hand Ninja, and Sentinel. I'm sure other people will want a different configuration though. We need single army builders, like they did with the Thor and Iron Man singles.

I'd only want to se them revisit an army builder if it's a legitimate version, like the female skrulls mentioned. I'd like a few more AIM soldiers but if I never get more it's ok. I think the idea that "Its been a while and they're hard to get for cheap so they need to be redone" needs to die a quick death personally.

I think regular army builders would be great. Waves of Hydra, AIM, Hand Ninjas, Sentinels, Kree, Skrulls, etc. are a good way to get new collectors into the army-building stage without getting them for scalper prices in the aftermarket.

Put me down for the single packed army builder cases like they do for movie fodder. Give them different facial expression tampos, include a pair of leaders like Maria Hill and Dugan for SHIELD, Baron Strucker and Viper for Hydra. I think they'd sell at least as many of those to the same hardcore collectors that are snapping up the movie cases now.

But aside from that, there are still decently known races and organizations the need a turn at bat before we need to start recycling older releases.

Put me down for the single packed army builder cases like they do for movie fodder. Give them different facial expression tampos, include a pair of leaders like Maria Hill and Dugan for SHIELD, Baron Strucker and Viper for Hydra. I think they'd sell at least as many of those to the same hardcore collectors that are snapping up the movie cases now.

But aside from that, there are still decently known races and organizations the need a turn at bat before we need to start recycling older releases.

^This^

I'd love generic WWII soldiers, whatever flavour.

would Cap have had a chance to fight the Japs back then? I suppose he doesn't have the existing 'conflicts' he has with Hitler's boys.

I'm pleased that somebody else would love them :thumbsup:

As I've mentioned before I don't really understand Marvel's (...& Hollywood's)current obsession with the Nazis just the Nazis .

I'm a liar I do understand but this is a toy forum not a political one .

In many of the Cap spin-offs we've had reprints of 1940's era Cap stories fighting (& I quote ) "Tojos terrors" & "Japs" .

Despite its huge historical significance it is not universally realised that the US never declared war on Geremany ......Germany & Italy declared war on the USA 3 days after 'Pearl Harbour'.

I don't personally like the idea you'd have to buy multiples of the same super hero just to army build AIM agents or any army builders.

It's rather stupid really IMO, But that's maybe just me not appreciating the sales aspect from DST or whatever, i'm sure if they released army builders in single packs they'd be the first to snapped up by Scalpers to sell on ebay while people get in bidding wars to army build. :confused::unsure:

I don't want hundreds of each, but it would be nice to have at least 3 or 4 to surround a super hero in battle when i'm posing them and taking pictures, its always been a common theme in Action Figure collecting, the most vintage Cobra Soldiers I ever had was 10 (while collecting G.I.JOE), for me that was more than enough to surround Cobra Commander or a GI team member while taking pictures.

I do have AIM Soldiers, Doombots, Hydra Agents, Sentinels & Shield Agents listed on my Wants list, but for now my priority remains the Heroes & Villains I don't yet have, like Punisher, Thor or Nick Fury for example.

Rich

I'd love generic WWII soldiers, whatever flavour.

would Cap have had a chance to fight the Japs back then? I suppose he doesn't have the existing 'conflicts' he has with Hitler's boys.

I'm pleased that somebody else would love them :thumbsup:

As I've mentioned before I don't really understand Marvel's (...& Hollywood's)current obsession with the Nazis just the Nazis .

I'm a liar I do understand but this is a toy forum not a political one .

In many of the Cap spin-offs we've had reprints of 1940's era Cap stories fighting (& I quote ) "Tojos terrors" & "Japs" .

Despite its huge historical significance it is not universally realised that the US never declared war on Geremany ......Germany & Italy declared war on the USA 3 days after 'Pearl Harbour'.

BHM,

As I mentioned before, I believe it was that Nazis are clearly evil and have STAYED evil. they weren't the entire German populace, unlike the Japanese, who declared total war. If someone were to make a fuss about the 'evil' Japanese today, they would be citing that the people of Japan were evil, not a lunatic segment (apologies to any neo-Nazis present. [not really]) The Japanese culture is so engraved in America and the rest of the world, that it can be successfully argued, as I did for a History final one year, that the Japanese won WWII, becoming the most advanced culture in the world. (That is not to say they don't have issues. Don't get me started on population growth or cultural acceptance.) This, from the people who started WWII in 1933, a full 6 years before Germany, and were committing atrocities against the Chinese that made Hitler look like he was throwing a tea p[arty. Where do you think Pol Pot got his ideas from?

So why Nazis over Japs? (not offensive in a WWII context.) Well, it's easier to declare them evil, but more importantly, pop culture has already done so. To the point where we have to flirt with the Nazi concept. I think Indiana Jones was the last great icon to fight the Axis before hollywood pussied out and decided that if kids were going to be around, they can't fight Hitler. They became Hydra, Hammer, Adam Savage's German Forces. But never Nazis. Never Hitler. Because that might offend someone, and Heaven forbid we teach children anything about history. Remember, those who learn about history get wild ideas and are doomed to repeat it. Wait... That can't be right.

I understand that they don't want to offend people, explicitly the Jewish population, which has more members here in the US than in Israel, (which is fine. They deserve it and I fully support the Jewish movement), but they need to remember that Hitler didn't kill just Jews. His killed Christians, Gypsies, gays, mentally and physically retarded, communists, and really just about anyone he wanted.

But like I said. The Japanese did worse for twice as long. Germany was just being lead by a man. Japan was being lead by the last emperor declared to be a god.

I would love some historical army Minimates. I think we could get some Axis and Allies dump cases. That would be amazing.