UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: Do you know if DST will be releasing an Army Builder dump bin as it did with the Cap A, IM2 & Thor movies?

(apologies if this has already been asked)

No. We had been planning one, and I inadvertently announced one, but we ultimately decided not to go with it. But the army builder sets in this wave are pretty great as it is.

No. We had been planning one, and I inadvertently announced one, but we ultimately decided not to go with it. But the army builder sets in this wave are pretty great as it is.

Does that mean the 1 per dump Mark Ruffalo Banner is banished to the same pit as movie Fandral and Hogun?

Hawkeye is my favorite hero. Period. When I was a kid, I liked Hawkeye for his smart mouth, and trick arrows and his was in my top ten, but near the bottom. Then I came to really appreciate what Clint reprisents. He has no super soldier serum, no genius intellect, no godly might, heart shaped herbs, mutant ability, or science spawned powers. Clint Barton earned his spot literally among gods through nothing but hard work and courage. Yes, he has the trick arrows and they certainly add to his versatility, but he's dangerous with just a quiver of standard target points. And unlike a lot of characters in comics, Hawkeye has definitely evolved and grown, and been allowed to retain those changes when so many other characters have been pushed back to more "familiar" phases of their life. Yes, he's still a hot head, and still leaps long before he looks, but he's gone from team rebel and trouble maker to a relieable and capable team leader. And one might think he over-estimates his abilities, but he's almost always survived and thrived, Bendis not withstanding. I think those are atributes to be admired.

As to the identity of the blurry aliens falling from the sky... YB's right, they do look more like Death's Head III/Warguards than anything else. Could still be the 1610 Skrulls, or teched up Frost Giants. Or since they are blueish, they could be Kree.

I can remember the first time I ever saw Hawkeye; it was in that issue of the Avengers that tied into Byrne's Fantastic Four, where the Baxter Building's stuck in a null field (I believe it's #321... somewhere around there). Hawkeye appears in like two panels, and with a cast on his leg at that. But I was drawn to him immediately. Part of it was the costume (one of the best in comics), part of it was probably the broken leg. I don't think I'd ever seen a super hero with a broken leg before. But I followed him into the Hawkeye limited series (I was about 8 at the time, so this is a big deal!), and into Secret Wars... basically, Hawkeye on the cover became a sure way to get me to buy a Marvel comic. Oh, and I should mention that the first custom I ever made was painting a Wolverine Secret Wars action figure blue and purple. :biggrin:

The one thing I will never forgive Bendis for is !@#$ing with Hawkeye. Thank God he's out of that stupid Ronin getup, although his newest costume is pretty awful. Hawkeye without a purple mask is like a day without Doris. :verymad:

We should have a Hawkeye emoticon!

I reckon I could offer an opinion ....if there is so much secrecy currently in February my hunch is that it will be some feat if we do see a dump in May/June . Later ?

Every dump case I can think of has 'bad-guys' as the staple ....so there was no way DST would be able to produce an Avengers dump in a time-scale that might coincide with the release of the movie when apparently the 'army' is currently a secret.

It's a pity but entirely understandable.

If I could add one thing to this conversation it would be that Scar-Jo is hot.

If I could add two things then I would also say that I can not wait to see thos mini-REDACTEDs. I'm looking forward to every piece of this wave.. and that is probably the first time I have said that about a movie wave. :)

Yes. there are indeed it sounds like we agree on.

• We need some new emoticons, Hawkeye and a facepalm. maybe Hawkeye doing a facepalm. Which mod should we speak to to get this done?
  • ScarJo is indeed smokin' hot. Absolutely no argument there.

Bad news about the Redacted army dump being canceled.

The good news it wasn't a Redacted army dump. Never was. I won't remind people what it was, because I'm sure people would get even angrier. But timing, manpower, past performance and availability of reference all played their part in making it infeasible, I'm sure.

The good news it wasn't a Redacted army dump. Never was. I won't remind people what it was, because I'm sure people would get even angrier. But timing, manpower, past performance and availability of reference all played their part in making it infeasible, I'm sure.

I remember. I'm past the anger and the denial stages. I'm just sad.

Since the topic of army builder dumps came up, what do we fans need to do to get Chuck on board for non-movie Marvel army builder dumps? My wife makes some awesome cookie bars (much superior to a normal cookie), but I just need to know how many to send.

65. You can send them to me, I will take care.

Seriously: can I get a recipe? Sounds great!

I'll see what I can do. Part of the secret is she does it from memory and it gets that special treatment that can't be measured out. She's on a level of baking that could easily compete with professional bakers and one of these days I will find a way to make it pay off in my toy collecting favor.

Do you all realize this was literally the only thread on the Marvel board to receive a comment today? Unless someone posts something in another thread in the next 45 minutes, that is. Which I'm sure someone (everyone?) will do now just to prove me wrong.

Yeah, that could work. He doesn't look anything like Ruffalo though. Zach, any chance you guys could throw in just an alternate Banner head/hair with Hulk? That would be an easy way to get an official Avengers movie Banner quick custom without taking up an entire slot.

Edited by youbastards

Did you guys knew that for what reason so ever the Avengers movie will be screened here a whole week befor the US start?

Just found out about it. Seems like the official release is on April 26th. :yes:

Look again... it probably says 2013! ;)

Yeah, that could work. He doesn't look anything like Ruffalo though. Zach, any chance you guys could throw in just an alternate Banner head/hair with Hulk? That would be an easy way to get an official Avengers movie Banner quick custom without taking up an entire slot.

Just use the Ruffalo head that came with the "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" box set. Jeez, do we have to do everything for you? :confused:

I know, I know! That is why I said base, and not straight stand-in figure. I THINK, Banner was wearing a purple shirt in the trailer anyway.

Paint a Hulk face pink.