UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 44

Jatta Pake

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway time will tell. But all of you gotta admit that you would buy them(the ones I suggested). Right?

Beta, I have passed on exactly two Marvel 616 sets of minimates- the Freedom Foundation cause I don't care for the costumes, and the Deadpool set cause I'm just not a Deadpool fan. And someday I will probably wind up over paying for the later cause the character completeist in my head is already whisperingly regretting not jumping on it. Of course I'd buy it. But I don't know if there are enough guys out there that would too.

I get that vehicles are off the table for the Marvel License but at the same time all of the movies have had separate licenses, even though they have been listed as Marvel wave numbers, and that's why no final battle Whiplash or wave two First Class. So, if a new license is required for the New Ghostrider Movie, couldn't a motorcycle be a part of but still limited to only that individual wave?

Alas - i don't think it is a separate license that governs the Movie mates, but rather a clause/section/article in the over-all license that stipulates a certain time-frame in which movie merchandise can be released.

I would be unsurprised if the reason we don't see additional Movie figures after the initial rush is also to do with timing. DST do what they can to get figures out in a timely manner, and anything after that would take too long and the interest in the film wouldn't be enough to keep demand from the product at a profitable level.

i passed on the ff and deadpool sets too.I have the tru ff and wave 28 deadpool. The guys over at dst seemed to like the idea and the people at facebook said the would buy it too so who knows?

Just to clarify, as the one posting for DST on Facebook, I like Ghost Rider on a visual and conceptual basis -- haven't read too many of his solo comic books, not that familiar with most of his supporting cast. But Wave 44 is in development, meaning we're already in the design and sculpting stages. So we're not going to be adding Caretaker and Zarathos to the wave, let alone theming the entire wave around Ghost Rider. Also, as much as I have faith in Neveldine/Taylor, after the last movie debacle, you'll have to understand if DST doesn't put their eggs in that particular basket. That said, I'd love to see what we could do with Ghost Rider's comic universe, even without bikes. So let DSTChuck know what you'd like to see.

But I'd definitely prefer Inhumans over X-Factor. Actually, I'd prefer X-Statix over X-Factor!

I'm curious, could you feel the air around you grow colder as I added you to my sworn enemy list?

You know, I did sense something....as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I thought it was just something I ate. :lol:

So let DSTChuck know what you'd like to see.

Sadly, that seems to be a bit of a problem!

See, we keep letting DSTChuck know what we want, but it feels sometimes like our requests are blatantly ignored. I'm specifically talking about characters like Kang and Winter Soldier, who have been frequently requested and *specifically* shot down by DSTChuck. I understand if we were petitioning for z-list characters, I would expect to be ignored, but these two specifically have been made multiple times by multiple lines (Marvel Universe, Marvel Legends scale, etc). My only hope is that we are being intentionally strung along to not spoil our surprise! I truly hope DST is telling us we'll shoot our eyes out, but we'll still get that Red Rider BB gun after all!

Sorry if I'm being too negative. I don't want this to turn into an anti-DSTChuck thread. But it's no longer a "wait and see" response, it sounds more from him like "I don't like them so I won't make them". I do appreciate you posting here, Zach!

So let DSTChuck know what you'd like to see.

Sadly, that seems to be a bit of a problem!

See, we keep letting DSTChuck know what we want, but it feels sometimes like our requests are blatantly ignored.

Really? I can't think of another toyline where someone in Chuck's position listens to requests and input to the extent he does; in Q&As, at cons, even on our board in his free time. Just because we don't get everything we ask for the second we ask for it, doesn't mean we're being ignored.

I'm specifically talking about characters like Kang and Winter Soldier,

You forgot the Wrecking Crew. And the Golden Girls.

Bea Arthur is the only Lady Deadpool i know of.

Always thankful for the input Zach, but i am inclined to agree; DST is a fantastic company in terms of customer service and quality (Spidey Friends and Foes aside), and especially with fan interaction, but lately it's starting to seem like there's some sort of distance; ironic considering all of the Multiverse and Facebook activity (but we LOVE it, so please don't stop!! :D) Certain characters being told no to Chuck actualy saying he's had things for your in-house lines, that you all tried very hard to even start, pile up...it's sort of discomforting. :/

EDIT: I agree with battlecat on his above, too; it's much better than being left in the dark completely. If DST were Hasbro we'd only ever hear anything at the big Cons. I am thankful we have a company as great as DST behind our Minimates, please don't get me wrong haha :)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

So am I reading between the lines and understanding correctly that Wave 44 will have Ghost Rider but not a Ghost Rider themed wave? I keep going back to Hulk. Ghost Rider and Hulk have teamed up frequently, correct? Who do they fight in their team ups?

.... I like Ghost Rider on a visual and conceptual basis -- haven't read too many of his solo comic books, not that familiar with most of his supporting cast. But Wave 44 is in development, meaning we're already in the design and sculpting stages. So we're not going to be adding Caretaker and Zarathos to the wave, let alone theming the entire wave around Ghost Rider...

was this announced earlier and i missed it, or is this an unofficial announcement that wave 44 WILL contain a new(movie?) ghost rider mate or two?

i dont know enough about the new ghost rider to properly inform you, but red hulk is now a member of the avengers, hes not really a good guy, but hes fighting for the good guy side, but i thought he died in fear itself??