UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 44

Jatta Pake

with God knows how many irrelevant B-listers recently....

If you're suggesting that X-Statix are B-listers, that's just plain wrong! :verymad: They are C-listers at best!

I love X-Statix and I'm likely the biggest Mike Allred fan you'll ever meet. However, I'd rather read them than play with them.

I'd rather read them than play with them too... but I'd rather play with them than Kang. :whistling:

X-Static over Kang... >pfft< Someone's been in the catnip.

Despite my last sentence, I'd be happy to get Kang, Falcon et al. Clearly they are "more important" characters in the Marvel U. But I've hardly read anything with them in, so I'd prefer to get some characters I, personally, love. No battlecatnip was abused in the production of this personal preference. Also, I was mostly kidding, because there's no way they'll ever make X-Statix.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax, b'cat, everyone is perfectly entitled to express their personal preference and opinion here, even when it's stuipid and wrong. :rolleyes:

But I'd definitely prefer Inhumans over X-Factor. Actually, I'd prefer X-Statix over X-Factor!

I'm curious, could you feel the air around you grow colder as I added you to my sworn enemy list?

I think people just expect Toad at some point because of that poster from years ago. If they ever decide to do a Brotherhood wave or boxset, he's got to be a shoe-in right?

Yeah I know, I know.

Yeah, and although he's consistently towards the top of my want list, it's kind of hard to find a place for him outside of the Brotherhood, which itself can't sustain a wave, I don't think. Two Brotherhood Boxsets with Toad, Blob, Scarlet Witch, and Mastermind and then Mystique, Destiny, Pyro, and Avalanche. Lot's of win.

Despite my last sentence, I'd be happy to get Kang, Falcon et al. Clearly they are "more important" characters in the Marvel U. But I've hardly read anything with them in, so I'd prefer to get some characters I, personally, love.

BHM is spot on with his praise of Brubaker's run on Cap. If you haven't read it, you really should. Falcon has always been cool, but he's really become the steadfast rock of Cap's crew. He's an amazing and unique character, and it is bizarre that we haven't gotten him. I'm not a huge fan of Kang, but he's a major villain with tons of history. I'd love a Kang, but I'll be fine without each and everyone of his other identities.

I completely agree about Falcon and Winter Soldier. In my opinion, Brubaker revitalized Captain America and I still think it's a complete waste that so many Cap characters are still on the to-do list, the only problem being according to Chuck they aren't even on a to-do list!! As one of the biggest Marvel characters, the star of a hit film in the Marvel Universe, he has had the bare minimum of his cast of supporting characters and villains made into 'mates, which to me makes no sense as they all have cool, interesting looks and rich characterization. No offense to the X-fans on the boards, but DST has been giving us some very obscure mutants in box sets and waves, yet some of the longest running or most popular Cap characters aren't even coming up in discussions.

Oh, and screw Marvel for killing Bucky again. You want to know why the medium is suffering? It's not that people don't want to read, it's that you don't give them anything worth reading.

No offense to the X-fans

None taken. While X-Factor and couple of others will remain at the top of my want list, the last two years have been astoundingly good to X-Characters. By my count, there've been over 90 X-Mates released in 2010-2011. Compared to, what?, under 30 Cap specific characters, and that includes the movie line. Thor's not doing much better.

Time for that cold, hard reality slap... X-Men are more popular than the Avengers. Yes they A-sqad has gotten a big push since Iron Man's movie, but the X-gang has consistently outsold everything Avengers related since the Claremont/Byrne days. As one of the biggest Avengers fans on this board, it hurts to say, but it's true. There's a reason the X-Men got their movie made first, there's a reason they shoe horned Wolverine into the Avengers. And it's for that same reason we're down to a handful of actual X-Men and heroic X-characters left unmade, and the Avengers related gang has such huge holes. Only Marvel character that compares in popularity to the House of X is Spider-Man and well...

It sucks, hard, but there it is.

Don't blame the suits. Killing Mr. Barnes again has been Brubaker's plan for a while now. Ed practicaly told everyone he was going to do it with Steve's future visions when Steve returned from "the dead". So, if you had faith in Brubaker's long game when he killed Steve, then trust him again now. This is part of a plan, not sure where it's going, but it's part of the plan.

You can hate me all you want, but Marvel's responsible for all these ridiculous "big massive stories" that accomplish absolutely nothing. I'm more a Marvel fan than DC, but I frankly don't enjoy the Marvel Universe nearly as much these days.

Oh, and anyone who says "I hate you." on a message board, your maturity level pretty much renders your opinion moot.

You can hate me all you want, but Marvel's responsible for all these ridiculous "big massive stories" that accomplish absolutely nothing. I'm more a Marvel fan than DC, but I frankly don't enjoy the Marvel Universe nearly as much these days.

Oh, and anyone who says "I hate you." on a message board, your maturity level pretty much renders your opinion moot.

I'm pretty sure that the "I hate you" comment was in reference to the fact you dropped a pretty big spoiler in the thread without using spoiler tags.

We try to avoid doing that here, as not everyone is current on their comics/tv/movies at all times.

I'm personally kind of hoping for a lot of movie mates to come out next year. Not because I will want them, but it will give me the opportunity to catch up on stuff I have missed, and build my pirate, and hopefully zombie, collections up. Having a limited toy budget sucks when the one toy line you collect produces so much cool stuff. My wallet needs to regroup.

1- Valo, you weren't in the wrong until you reacted like a condesending burk about it.

2- Did you totally miss the part about Brubaker, who you praised for bring back Bucky as Winter Soldier and revitalizing Cap, completely telegraphed he was going to kill James in a battle with a hammer wielding foe? That Fear Itself was Brubaker's baby? That everything since the begining of his run has been part of a plan? That in all likelyhood this death will be as permentent as Steve's? Look Marvel is crossover happy right now, no doubt. And they are horrible about being lead more by marketing than good stories. Not arguing that. But in this specific case, this result was going to happen in Captain America whether a cross over was involved or not. Ed told us he was going to do it. That's why I don't get the shock, surprise, and certainly not the anger. (Or at least the perception of such.)

Time for that cold, hard reality slap... X-Men are more popular than the Avengers. Yes they A-sqad has gotten a big push since Iron Man's movie, but the X-gang has consistently outsold everything Avengers related since the Claremont/Byrne days. As one of the biggest Avengers fans on this board, it hurts to say, but it's true. There's a reason the X-Men got their movie made first, there's a reason they shoe horned Wolverine into the Avengers. And it's for that same reason we're down to a handful of actual X-Men and heroic X-characters left unmade, and the Avengers related gang has such huge holes. Only Marvel character that compares in popularity to the House of X is Spider-Man and well...

After a brief look at some of the sales data I get the impression that the main Avengers books may have been outselling the main X-Men books over the past five years or so, though adding the different titles and spinoffs together is way more math than I'm up for. And that's sales, not popularity, so you may be right. I think what's more important is the question of who's more popular with guys named Chuck who work at DST, and I'm pretty sure the X-Men win that battle hands-down.

Edited by stack32

I think there have been a number of good predictions. Of course, they're all probably wrong, but there are a lot of waves I'd love to see. I especially like how we've all started including 2 TRU packs in our wave wishlists. Big thanks to DST to bringing us at least two more sets per wave now.

Also, someone mentioned in the What if you ran DST thread about ending LCS waves and switching to boxsets. That X-number I counted, the vast majority of it comes from boxsets and TRU exclusives. We get a lot of pretty impressive boxsets. 2010-2011 brought us 12 waves and 21 boxsets, including everything that has been announced, meaning we've gotten the same number of 'mates through boxsets as we have through LCS waves. (Completely aware that my math somewhere might be off.) I don't know what it means, but I'm a little surprised by it. It kind of makes me rethink the way waves are handled.

DST said that wave 44 is already in development!!!! Oh just a question would you be interested at this:

LCS:

modern johny ghost/Blackbeard demon form

Blackout normal/thug with lots of guns and tattoos

Variant deformed blackout/thug

Female ghost rider/old west ghost rider

TRU:

dr Jekyll/mr Hyde

zarathos/vengeance

Blue flame modern danny/caretaker

Zodiak/ghost rider 2099

Boxset:old Danny ketch stories:

Classic Danny ketch,deathwatch,flagsmasher,scarecrow

I sent it to ask DST but at DST's Facebook page they told me that wave 44 is already in development so I think they would consider it. Releasing it around the same time with the movie is a good move. And they the previous time I asked about gr mates two days ago they said they are always a possibillity. What i'm trying to say is that we may actually get these mates or at least some of them. So would you buy them? They are almost all new characters. Sound of bellow so DST makes us some ghost rider minimates!!!!!

Ghost rider may not be too well known but the characters have some very good designs and kids around 10-15 love skulls and fires. Either way we have to wait and see. The only thing I would change now I read it again is that I would replace caretaker with jack o lantern.

Also minimates are collectibles and mostly comic fans buy collectibles and ghost rider is well known to comic fans he just isn't too much at the general public but with the new movie coming soon and the crank people making it,if it turns out to make some money at the box office more people will get to know him and the toys will sell more. That's why if they release it around the movie's time I think it will sell. Also in my humble opinion I would prefer this over an avengers wave with one more Thor,two iron men,one cap,and the only new character will eventually be hawkeye and the secret army dudes who most likely are the skulls. We may could get kana but we would also get:movie cap,Thor,iron man,hulk,black widow,Loki,hawkeye,nick fury,army dudes maybe a new comic hawkeye,ant man,kana(maybe)

Also minimates are collectibles and mostly comic fans buy collectibles and ghost rider is well known to comic fans he just isn't too much at the general public but with the new movie coming soon and the crank people making it,if it turns out to make some money at the box office more people will get to know him and the toys will sell more. That's why if they release it around the movie's time I think it will sell. Also in my humble opinion I would prefer this over an avengers wave with one more Thor,two iron men,one cap,and the only new character will eventually be hawkeye and the secret army dudes who most likely are the skulls. We may could get kana but we would also get:movie cap,Thor,iron man,hulk,black widow,Loki,hawkeye,nick fury,army dudes maybe a new comic hawkeye,ant man,kang(maybe),another comic cap, and a maybe zemo. What I'm trying to say is that I would prefer this plan than 3 more caps and iron men and thors at the comic and movie wave only to get two or three new characters. We have had only an outdated danny,an outdated johny,mephisto and champions ghost so if a ghost rider wave/tru/boxset was to be made we would get only 1 or two retreats and 18-17 new characters(counting 4 from box set,8 from tru and 8 from the regular wave with retreads being classic danny on the box set and modern johny at the regular wave).

Well the last Ghost Rider wave was flat out canceled. Now the mediocre at best first movie didn't.help retailer interest. Like BHM said, the lack of a motorcycle hurts it's appeal too. Not arguing the corner of Marvel they used to call the Midnight Sons doesn't have a lot of cool characters with neat designs. But trying to center it on Ghost Rider, when he's hobbled by a lack of his signature accessory, is probably not going to work. Unless of course they manage to make this next movie completely rock, which may kick up enough demand that they would sell well anyway.

It's situations like this that makes me wish that there were some enterprising creative fan would try making third party accessories the way the TF fans do. This is the same kind of "problem" like Classics Prime having no trailer that started the whole 3rd party toy craze that seems almost out of control over now. I fully admit I have no idea what would be involved in making it. I know there are board members here with the creativity to spare, but I have no idea what resources are involved.

I know that the only way to boost up sales is if the movie rocks but who knows? It may be the first class of 2012. In the end what I'm trying to say is that ghost rider minimates would be awesome. Also the ghost rider wave was cancelled because it had only dull civilians. Blackheart and mephisto were two dudes in coats,Roxanne was just a woman mate,johny blaze had only a helmet,caretaker was an old dude,ghost rider did not have any accessories and the variant was gr with the johny blaze head. If t

he release the wave,tru and boxset like I told them i think it may sell more. Anyway time will tell. But all of you gotta admit that you would buy them(the ones I suggested). Right?

Edited by beta ray bill

MIDNIGHT SONS! I think they could carry a wave more than just Ghost Rider himself.

Blade / Morbious

Ghost Rider / Blackheart

Damien Hellstorm (classic) / army builder (cant think of one!)

Variant modern Hellstorm /army builder

TRU Pack: Man-Thing / Howard the Duck