UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can not wait to see more zombies. question to the group do you think it will be only zombies or some "survivors" too?

If zombie survivor minimates are in the works, I hope they come with facial expressions emoting fear or pain. Something along the lines of the SM3 transformation Venom facial expression. How cool would it look to have a horde of zombies mates tearing apart some poor b@st@rd. Priceless. :thumbsup:

OMG lead zombie is me! Seriously looks like me.

No. It looks like me... only deader and thinner. And it looks like I enjoyed my BBQ.

It looks like it has sculpted fingers. It's freaking me out. :confused:

Calm Down!

The Marvel Zombies all had Venom Claw Hands too, it’s continuity! When a minimate contracts the T-Virus/Rage/gets bit by Superman recolored to look like Sentry at the last minute/eats a mad cow burger/Whatever your preferred patient zero origin is its rotting fingers break apart from it’s natural cup hand shape breaks down and form claws, it’s not a change to the standard minimate anatomy, just the natural process of zombification.

No these aren't freaking me out because of a change from standard hands but freaking me out because they terrify me. These are Minimates of my nightmares. Hands are cool.

Until you've done the Con thing you'll never get your head around the fact that getting give-aways is an art-form & very very mind-bendingly job-like.

There's no harm in asking..... or indeed begging..... but these occasions are justifiably regimented .

That said.... I know characters here who go beyond what would be considered Asgardian in their generosity .

I will not be sharing their names :lol:

By doing the giveaway at opening, we're hoping to eliminate some unpleasantness. Mostly mine.

I can help you eliminate more unpleasantness. Let me send you over my address and you fill up a package with a bagful of promos. Less to give out, quicker the crowds will leave, and you can rest easy. My birthday is that weekend too. Just saying. :)

By doing the giveaway at opening, we're hoping to eliminate some unpleasantness. Mostly mine.

I can help you eliminate more unpleasantness. Let me send you over my address and you fill up a package with a bagful of promos. Less to give out, quicker the crowds will leave, and you can rest easy. My birthday is that weekend too. Just saying. :)

Listen to this man!

I do have a request for someone attending the convention. Can someone try and get a release schedule for the remainder of the year? I'm trying to budget and everything we've heard has been kinda all over the map.

I'm going to be there; I'm sorry, but I can't purchase anything for anybody (we're moving at the end of the month, so I've got a VERY limited budget for these three days; even knowing I'll get reimbursed by you guys will put a bit too much of a strain on the ol' bank account), but I will try to pick up some zombies. I don't particularly want one, so I'll be glad to trade any that I get, and don't worry, I won't be holding out for variants or Battle Beasts or anything like that. Just plain, simple, gold Spider-Men will be fine. :biggrin:

I'll try and see if I can get a release schedule; I plan on attending the panel as well, but I don't know what kind of computer access I'm going to have for the weekend. I definitely won't be toting my laptop to and from the show, so don't look for a Minimate panel live blog (not from me, at least).

And I plan on bringing Chuck cookies and telling him he can only have them if he promises to make Kang by the end of 2012. I'm seriously considering making cookies that spell out "make Kang", but I don't know if I'm going to that kind of effort.

Anyone else planning to go? Multiverse meet up?

There's going to be a DST Minimates panel so Zach will probably have another slideshow that has all the dates and stuff on what's coming soon. He might post it online afterwards so we can all get an idea of when things come out.

And don't forget to feed Zach. He gets jealous that Chuck gets all the cookies. :)

There's going to be a DST Minimates panel so Zach will probably have another slideshow that has all the dates and stuff on what's coming soon. He might post it online afterwards so we can all get an idea of when things come out.

And don't forget to feed Zach. He gets jealous that Chuck gets all the cookies. :)

Hopefully panel dates will be accurate. We work fast, and on multiple things at once, but that means that if there's a setback on one, multiple things get rescheduled. So the dates should be as accurate as they can be. The cards in the case are usually the most accurate, probably more accurate than my slides.

And I accept any type of jerky. Must be sealed in the bag. I don't want you guys jerking your own meat at home.

Also, I'm hoping that the giveaway will not have lines, since all line managing will be done by the NYCC staff at the front door, and we don't expect to be everybody's first stop. We'll see how it goes.

Knots in my stomach....palpitations....OCD Alert...Hungry Hippo....completism syndrome....Ivan envy.....I need these promos. Need them.

Dear Zach,as we look forward to Chicago next year....if indeed there will be a next year....can I recommend myself as the man to deal with the great unwashed that bay like wolves at your booth . I'm cheap,extremely sobre & tolerate fools seldomly . I neither like or require cookies or jerky ,I'm willing to learn & lie a lot & can be trusted when I'm not drinking.

However...................there is a signing on fee :devil:

I'm keen on making the trip to SDCC next year - but it's a pretty big trip (see map).

Are the dates for the panels set yet? (i.e. can i find out what day i should be buying tickets for?)

OR, Can anyone tell me what day the Minimates panel is typically on? Or is there no rhyme/reason to how the con is set out?

post-2737-0-70814000-1318039575_thumb.pn