UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the P2 variants of all the characters been released yet? Just wondering if there was anything interesting, like She-Hulk in F4 costume.

Oooh, good idea!

i seem to remember a few of them being leaked but i fail to remember which ones

Has the P2 variants of all the characters been released yet? Just wondering if there was anything interesting, like She-Hulk in F4 costume.

Her Fantastic 4 outfit in the game is Red and has Red hair (she's cosplaying Lyra) Capcom thought it was more visual different then her normal self in an F4 costume (meaning only one Shulk costume is Jen, the others are Lyra, and two different Betty Rosses)

http://fans.marvel.com/marvel_interactive/...e_color_schemes

EDIT:

Here's more Marvel Alts:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1144674p1.html

http://fans.marvel.com/marvel_interactive/...rvel_alternates

Edited by dr baghead

ill be making a list of the alternate costumes if no one minds

heres a few off the top of my head and ill be researching more

captain america:

punisher cap

a turqoise (or green?) cap

red gaurdian

she hulk:

lyra

ultimate

red she hulk

MODOK:

MODAM

white and purple MODOK

supervillian team up MODOK

storm:

extreme x-men storm

white

red

sentinal:

black

pink and purple

orange and blue

taskmaster:

orange cape

orange and red

blue and silver

Edited by robomate

For the SF fans I'm happy but for myself I cant help thinking its a way to re-release guys we already have. I just feelwe are just going to get The same characters again in the first waves and when they dont sell because ppl have enough Spideys or Wolvies the line will get canned.

Sorry for the negatives

I couldn't summon a big enough *meh* if I tried...

now maybe if it's a retroactive license and they could do MvC3 AND MvC2 characters, maybe if it's an overall Capcom license and SSF4 is coming too...

not that won't get them (Dante and Trish are very welcome indeed), just... eh... If this is the HUGE announcement I'm glad I wasn't getting my hopes up.

I pretty much agree. Two of my favourite MvC characters are Strider and Captain Commando, both of whom were disconfirmed for MvC3. Frankly I've not been as interested in the game since, although I wouldn't say no to Arthur, Viewtiful Joe and Dante. Plus the only Street Fighter character we weren't given in the first wave was Hagger (SF and Final Fight both take place in the same universe, and Hagger is said to be Zangief's rival, hence the similar moves so I consider Hagger to be part of SF). We already have Ryu and Chun-Li. Darkstalkers fair a little better as we'll get Felicia and the hopping corpse (who's name I can never remember) but Talbon, who's always been a favourite of mine, won't get made. And as others have said, bar a handful, most of the Marvel characters have been well done.

Frankly I'd have much rather seen this as a revival of the SF/DS line or a "Capcom" based line that covers their entire library of characters (especally the more obscure characters. Rival Schools anyone?)

While I can totally understand the 'meh' feelings some of us are having over this license, I personally am kinda excited about this.

Yes, we're getting retreads of many Marvel characters that we've already gotten... but it's likely that they may be a slightly different artistic style, yes? possibly more of an anime feel?

I say that because I can remember when the first MvC game came out - I never played the game, but I fell in love with the action figures. I found Cyclops and Captain America, and they simply blew away the other versions of those same characters that I had from other toy lines. And while I do realize that anime style Minimates won't translate the same way as anime style 6" figures did, I'm still interested in seeing what potential differences we'll be seeing.

Plus, as was just proven here on this board within the last week or two; WE might be fed up with retreads of Hulk or Wolverine, but there actually is a market for bringing in new fans via newer versions of the heavy hitters.

But all in all, the thing that I'm finding most exciting about this is that while it technically isn't the return of Street Fighter, if this line does well (which I am optimistic it will) it will likely only be a matter of time before we do in fact see a more completed Street Fighter line, and who knows what else? A complete Mega Man line? *faint*

If DST plays their cards right, this could be the second step in their 'game changer' strategy that might lead to bigger licenses (Mario? Metroid? Zelda? Paper Boy? Marble Madness? ... Frogger?! :P )

(last post until they show some more info i promise :P )

like others i hope this turns into a capcom liscensing arangement (seeing as this game is distributed by capcom) that would make this a completley worthwhile deal....and it would leave alot of us broke but oh well! :lol:

also how do we think they plan on doing this? waves? box sets? waves exclusive to TRU? im assuming these wont join the normal marvel series

Rather than just sulk I'll just say that if this is 'it'' then I'm disappointed. I'm pleased for those of you that are enthusiastic about it & don't for one second think I'm knocking it because I'm not! I'm more than ready to embrace it & I'm record as saying that Street Fighter have grown on me although the same can be said about unwanted hair & warts.

The last bit was attempted humour to just help get me through the day .

Rather than just sulk I'll just say that if this is 'it'' then I'm disappointed. I'm pleased for those of you that are enthusiastic about it & don't for one second think I'm knocking it because I'm not! I'm more than ready to embrace it & I'm record as saying that Street Fighter have grown on me although the same can be said about unwanted hair & warts.

The last bit was attempted humour to just help get me through the day .

try to take solice in the fact that as the day goes on we'll get proto pic of the upcoming waves that we've not seen yet & there's going to be other news about new waves/sets coming out this year

Wow, most of those alternates are astonishingly lazy.

Not to come to the defense of another Wolverine minimate, but we don't actually have that costume yet, at least with a mask. I'd be glad to add it to my collection unless they change the styling on these and make them incompatible with other Marvel 'mates. I also won't be sad to be able to get Deadpool in another 2-pack, they have to sell these in 2-packs, right?

<_< ...meh.

It makes sense for DST, since they already have Marvel and parts for some of the characters from the Street Fighter line.

However, this is mostly going to be retreads & redos. Almost everyone on the Marvel side has been done before (DST at least give us MODOK) so we'll just see new decos. At least for me I find the Capcom side to be kinda dull and lacking some great Capcom characters (Mega man, Strider, Bionic Commando, more interesting Street Fighters).

New characters? Great! I just hope the style is similar to what we've got, versus going more "video game style"... I remember the Marvel/Capcom releases for the ToyBiz line back in the day. Stand alone, I thought the Captain America looked great. Set in a line-up with other ToyBiz characters, it just just looked off.

For a fairly recent minimate example, remember how the Lee Adama figure looked in the TRU line, with those BIG BLUE EYES? He seemed like HE would fit in well in a video game based line...

Just hoping these don't go that route.

I'm pretty excited about this. Any time a series can bring in new fans, maybe get into video game stores and offer new characters that work with old ones, it can't really be a bad thing for Minimate overall.

Of course, what would have been more awesome is DC vs. Mortal Kombat.

Edited by groundhog7s

Wow! Congrats on guessing right MoC. Let us know which piece of control art DST gives you as prize.

I hope that series 1 is not to littered with rehashes. A few new mates is what the debut series dearly needs. Well we all know that DST has a Felicia minimate on standby that never got used in SF2 sries 2:

SFminimates.jpg

I may pick up some of the mates from the Capcom side but i suspect all the marvel ones will just be retreads that we have already gotten a thousand times. Now of course if they make a MODOK, Dormammu or Shuma-Gorath i will snatch those up.

im interested in even the rehashes think about it; super skrull, taskmaster, she-hulk and alot of other characters who werent very good on their first run

I disagree with you on Taskmaster, but I'd still like to see a rehash, since a lot of people missed out on him the first time around.

In terms of potential sales, after Star Wars, I can't imagine a better license for DST. So from that perspective, I am glad they got it and completely understand that they're targeting an all-new, all-different audience from us with this which dictates the Spideys and Iron Men. On the bright side of that, maybe we'll get wacky colored "Player 2" repaints.

And from my own perspective, I'm really looking forward to Haggar, Modok, Arthur, and Res. Evil guys. But now it stings twice as bad that Mega Man, Strider, and other SF guys like Ken and Guile didn't transition from MVC 2.

It will be interesting to see what they have planned, but I'm wondering how much is covered by ther license and if it only includes characters released in MvC3 or other Capcom games also.

Yeah, I'm curious about this too. I wonder how these are going to be released. 4 packs? TRU 2 packs? Direct Market 2 packs?

I dig the Jill Valentine in the combat suit, but I'd love an original RE variant (Like MvC2)