UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

I would want:

Meggan

Nightcrawler

Colossus (bulkier)

Arcade

Call me crazy, but I think Arcade is one of those "unlikely" characters, while Juggernaut could easily sell a 2-pack. Put him with one of the Warwolves as an army builder, and give him a color variant.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would want:

Meggan

Nightcrawler

Colossus (bulkier)

Arcade

Call me crazy, but I think Arcade is one of those "unlikely" characters, while Juggernaut could easily sell a 2-pack. Put him with one of the Warwolves as an army builder, and give him a color variant.

This was one if my favorites growing up and I agree that Arcade is fairly unlikely. I would be ecstatic for a Widget, Kylun or a Feron! We already have a Phoenix base.

Edited by pioad

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict we'll be getting a "phasing" Shadowcat. I remember how bummed we all were that the Kitty Pride from the New X-Men wave, a ways back, came with only phasing limbs. DST remedied that by giving us wave 31 Shadowcat with completely solid limbs. I just can't see us getting 4 brand new characters. Phasing Shadowcat is my bet for a repack . And no smoking monkey told me that.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict we'll be getting a "phasing" Shadowcat. I remember how bummed we all were that the Kitty Pride from the New X-Men wave, a ways back, came with only phasing limbs. DST remedied that by giving us wave 31 Shadowcat with completely solid limbs. I just can't see us getting 4 brand new characters. Phasing Shadowcat is my bet for a repack . And no smoking monkey told me that.

Here's the problem with that... phasing doesn't make her invisible, just intangible. "Phasing" Shadowcat figures are kind of stupid, especially where Minimates come apart to begin with. THAT is the PERFECT phasing action feature.

Okay, ready?

BD Captain Britain

BD Shadowcat

BD Phoenix

Wolverine, from that one time he made a guest appearance.

;)

I hate you so much right now. :P

My hopes would be for it to include a new Nightcrawler, Meggan, Kylun & Cerise. I would also happily accept a Moira in exchange for Cerise.

Unfortunately, Lobsterman is probably closer to the mark than any of us.

Edited by Nessex

Okay, ready?

BD Captain Britain

BD Shadowcat

BD Phoenix

Wolverine, from that one time he made a guest appearance.

;)

Would be hilarious if they just stamped an Excalibur logo on a set with Spidey, Hulk, Iron Man, and Wolvie. "New" Excalibur! Seriously though, "New" FF with Wolvie, Spidey, Hulk, and Ghost Rider is a necessary box set DST.

Here's the problem with that... phasing doesn't make her invisible, just intangible. "Phasing" Shadowcat figures are kind of stupid, especially where Minimates come apart to begin with. THAT is the PERFECT phasing action feature.

I don't like the phasing feature anymore than the next guy, but DST has done it before with Kitty and even the Vision. My guts telling me we're not done with Shadowcat just yet.

I don't like the phasing feature anymore than the next guy, but DST has done it before with Kitty and even the Vision. My guts telling me we're not done with Shadowcat just yet.

I'm always cool with more Kitty, but she had another costume in the back half of the series, so hopefully we'd get that before a phasing version of the mate they just released.

This set lineup is crazy hard to predict since most of these box sets are First Appearance, and we've just had 3/5 of the team in their FA uniforms.

Also it's been a while, but wasn't there a panel in the first Young Avengers arc where they showed a ghostly, broken Vision (before he rebooted or whatever), fading out just like the mate? I always thought it was a direct reference to that panel, and so a bit more justified than disappearing Kitty.

Not to open a can of worms, but don't we already have a Nightcrawler? That has seen 2 releases?

Well, I think a number of us don't have him due to getting into Minimates a bit late (I know I sadly don't) and given his outrageous prices on ebay, it'd be great to see an updated version of him. That way people who don't have him get him at last, and those that have the original one can determine if they care or not about it when the box arrives at their home.

I'd still like him to be in his classic costume like the original version was made to look like myself, though maybe they could create some updated feet for him somehow that have the C3 holes on them and maybe make it so his chest isn't so blocky, but this is all just things I'D like to see. And of course, include swords.

Given Nightcralwer's current status in the X-Men comics as of late, this might be the only we'll even get another Nightcrawler again in Minimate form for some time.

Edited by MST3KFan

Its coming up to 5 years since the last pack with Nightcrawler was released. I wouldn't mind a new version even though I was around when the first X-men boxset was released and was able to get one then but have never seen the Target 2 pack and if it wasn't for the MMDB I wouldn't know it existed.

My 2 pence worth is Nightcrawler is due for a release.

The Nightcrawler Minimate is an enigma which consistently irritates me. Regards 'rarity' I'd guess (an informed guess ;) ) that it isn't even in the top 50 or even 100 rarest Minimates*.His 'value' is based on the fact that people think he is worth $20+ because other people pay $20+ .

The TRU version is notoriously fragile but I confess that the packaging for that critter is superb & I would kill for the original artwork.The figure itself does nought for me & really looks more out of place with 'mates these days although, for me , he always did. I look forward to a new one IF he's on the list.

*Idea for a thread???

Edited by buttheadsmate

Screw Nightcrawler, gimme updated Nick Fury or Punisher any day. ;)

I get why you all want him; he's a fan favorite and i don't have him either. I hate Kurt, so i kinda hope he doesn't made it in, but for all of you who have waited this long i really hope he's part if the set for you. :) I'll just wait for green-suited Meggan...and new Nick Fury and Punisher...

There DST, i said it. Give 'em Kurt. Now gimme my Jean Grey TTA set. Pweety Pwease?? :lol:

There DST, i said it. Give 'em Kurt. Now gimme my Jean Grey TTA set. Pweety Pwease?? :lol:

I think you and i would have to commit to about 1000 sets each for this to sell enough to be worth DST's efforts. LOL

I would take one as well, so it is just ~ 667 sets each.

*que a Vader No*

Maybe, like the Heroic Age Boxset it's an initial/accidental leak that will get officially announced in the future. I don't want a British based boxset to slip by :(