UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will the AFX & SDCC exclusive multipacks be??

fwoosheyman

The Deadpool alone makes the set worthwhile, considering how outrageously expensive the wave 28 Deadpool/Wolverine 2-pack currently sells for online.

The wave 28 Deadpool sells for a lot because it is really cool looking. This new Deadpool... ehhhh not so much.

I think they both look great. But heck, I'll be happy just to have Deadpool. :)

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they both look great. But heck, I'll be happy just to have Deadpool. :)

Fair enough, I suppose mine was a fairly catty response.

I would be surprised if we made it through SDCC without at least one pack that touched on Siege. I don't know what it would be really seeing as most of the characters have already been released, and released quite well.

90's kid isn't 90's enough... no snap bracelet.

This Deadpool looks pretty bad, hope he ends up looking a bit better(but it's Liefield's 98 Deadpool, so I can't expect too much). Cable is incredibly underwhelming and bland, but I'll certainly get it for Domino and Feral.

Also, a MAJOR issues I've been seeing with Marvel Mates: Consistency! One moment the slip over masks are being used, the next moment they aren't, it either makes one mates' head look shrunken(another issue with paint-app masks is that even when near a mate' with a wig their head still looks small), or the other head too large. I'd personally have LOVED people like Scorpion, Anti-Venom, Gargan, and others to have had the mask so their heads didn't look dwarfed compared to Spideys, Captain America, Deadpool, etc. And this doesn't even just have to do with masks, it can also be the powerhouse bodies, the new sculpted ones, the IM2 roach-shell body, duck feet, all that. Now the main reason I bring this up now is because of this certain Deadpool. He could look so much better with the use of a mask, just so his head didn't look tiny as hell. Seriously, DST should get this issue resolved godspeed. And yes, for the record I realize how whiny I look, I'm just a bit anal about consistency.

Rant over.

Edited by McDurg

I agree totally. I've always loved the slip-cover masks and it makes you wonder what mask they are going to give Deadpool considering he has the hole in his head. I suppose they will make him like a Russian doll... mask after mask after mask.

I suppose they will make him like a Russian doll... mask after mask after mask.

I'd buy 20.

But seriously, I think that's an issue that should be brought up to DST until they comment on it.

Seriously, DST should get this issue resolved godspeed. And yes, for the record I realize how whiny I look, I'm just a bit anal about consistency.

Rant over.

I wouldn't worry about how you sound. A lot of us feel the same way with some minimates getting masks/chest pieces etc while other versions don't (Sometimes even the same character). As time goes by minimates become more random in both parts consistency and quality and it's starting to drive me away.

T.

The consistency issue doesn't bother me too much, so long as they tend to make reasonable decisions with individual releases. I have my own preferences, but it often varies from figure to figure (Spidey should not have a slip-over mask, Hulk should have a powerhouse chest without sculpted shoulders, etc.). But consider that DST is trying to appeal to all kinds of different folks--some who like the more basic looks w/out slip masks or powerhouse pieces, etc., and some others who do like the extra bulk/sculpting/etc. for a given character. Sure, some would prefer them to pick an option and run with it, but I suspect that others like having a bit of variety, and would benefit from not having their personal choice being neglected if DST chose, say, to exclusively release figures with masks as slip-ons when person X doesn't like those.

For the characters who get it both ways (thinking of Spidey), I think that is the best possible scenario, since collectors can pick and choose how they want do display their figures. My Heroes and Spidey wave (23? 24?) Spideys have the non-slip-cover heads from subsequent releases, because that's how I like it. With Deadpool, this is the same thing to me. You have the slip heads available if you want to use them (expensive though it now is). And if you like the leaner look, which I think fits Liefeld's design, you can stick with the new, painted head.

x-force minimates?

90swkid.jpg

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

(with SCIENCE of course ;))

I first saw this when I was browsing eBay and saw the auction. I'm not actually too fond of those Cable guns as they really stretched his hands. In general I've never cared for X-Force old or new. I'd be tempted by the Deadpool as he seems to have some cool weapons but that's about it.

I'm hoping the Heroic Age boxset is better.

x-force minimates?

90swkid.jpg

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

(with SCIENCE of course ;))

I first saw this when I was browsing eBay and saw the auction. I'm not actually too fond of those Cable guns as they really stretched his hands. In general I've never cared for X-Force old or new. I'd be tempted by the Deadpool as he seems to have some cool weapons but that's about it.

I'm hoping the Heroic Age boxset is better.

sorry, I'm at work and old half- read this thread. There's a heroic age box set?

For the characters who get it both ways (thinking of Spidey), I think that is the best possible scenario, since collectors can pick and choose how they want do display their figures. My Heroes and Spidey wave (23? 24?) Spideys have the non-slip-cover heads from subsequent releases, because that's how I like it. With Deadpool, this is the same thing to me. You have the slip heads available if you want to use them (expensive though it now is). And if you like the leaner look, which I think fits Liefeld's design, you can stick with the new, painted head.

I agree except I hate the hole in the head, like they did with Spider-man from the Secret wars boxed set. I really just don't understand why they used the slip on mask with the peg when the regular mask would have worked fine. It kinda ruined the firgure for me.

A bit bleh on this release. Only Domino is a figure I would like. I never got into X-Force there was just too many X books at the time so kinda avoided the lot. Good way for ppl to get a Deadpool anyhoo.

Wow. Cable and Deadpool!?!

I wouldn't have been shocked if they included one or the other for broader marketing appeal... but BOTH!?!

I'm glad to see Domino and Feral but sad that we're not getting a Cannonball or Shatterstar in the set.

That said, these all look pretty decent. I'm not a fan of Domino's clenched facial expression, particularly given her more tongue-in-cheek portrayal these days. A cocky smirk would have been preferably. Her hairpiece is a bit odd as well. First Appearance Deadpool looks good and while I prefer the original issue, this one is all right. Feral looks spot on, though clawed hands would have worked better. Is that a new chest piece or a reuse of Nightcrawler's? Cable's facial expression is great but a fully sculpted V chest piece would have made this a much more dynamic looking 'Mate. Is the belt piece with the overstuffed pouches on Dom and 'Pool a new sculpt? Very Liefeld-esque.

I agree except I hate the hole in the head, like they did with Spider-man from the Secret wars boxed set. I really just don't understand why they used the slip on mask with the peg when the regular mask would have worked fine. It kinda ruined the firgure for me.

It might not have a hole in the head, sometimes we see them with one in the prototype shots but not the finished product.

I dreamed they had announced two sets with a bizarre mix of obscure X-villians: Ahab, Donald Pierce, a couple Reavers, Scalphunter, Arcade, and some other weird guys I didn't recognize.

I'd be very keen on those obscure 'Mates. A Hellfire Club Pierce to go with my Hellfire goons would be peachy!

The Cable ones make sense most likely because who else are we going to see those guns with?

They'd suit a Forge Minimate :) (Take the Hint DST)

The consistency issue doesn't bother me too much, so long as they tend to make reasonable decisions with individual releases. I have my own preferences, but it often varies from figure to figure (Spidey should not have a slip-over mask, Hulk should have a powerhouse chest without sculpted shoulders, etc.). But consider that DST is trying to appeal to all kinds of different folks--some who like the more basic looks w/out slip masks or powerhouse pieces, etc., and some others who do like the extra bulk/sculpting/etc. for a given character. Sure, some would prefer them to pick an option and run with it, but I suspect that others like having a bit of variety, and would benefit from not having their personal choice being neglected if DST chose, say, to exclusively release figures with masks as slip-ons when person X doesn't like those.

I half agree with you because I can partially understand what you're saying. But at the same time, those of us who actually like the masks are f*cked when it comes to characters like Anti-Venom, Scorpion, Klaw, people who most likely wont see another release. I just really crave the consistency of how it was back when Marvel mates started.

..., it'd be awesome to see a Nemesis/Holocaust figure. I think he'd make a very awesome minimate if he were executed well!

I cant begin to think how they would execute Nemesis to perfection, still we can hope. But yeah, I'm there with ya, Nessex. Thumbs Up to this 2pk!

WOOT! I just realised i can FINALLY take someone (Domino) off my Top 10 most wanted signature block!

Haha, and where's Mr. Sinister? I would've bet we'd have seen him by now. Perhaps a save for AoA?