UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all of the other stuff out/coming out, I'd rather these hit next year than December.

Amen brother! Amen! And to make matters worse (and by worse I mean more expensive) you all know that the TRU Marvel wave 9 will hit just before or at the same time as wave 37 hits CBSs.

I just reeeeeeally want that hoverchair Professor X to go with my 90s X-Men...

I would also like them to bring out a 90s Colossus to complete the 90s Blue/Gold X-Men teams. ...And maybe a Forge and/or Banshee (with variant green/yellow costume Banshee)

Can you imagine what an updated Colossus could look like? T_T Want...so...bad....

It's weird. . . this wave does have a lot of figures that i'm excited about individually . . . (Warpath, Xavier, 6-arm Spidey, Doombot/servo--guard), but as a whole wave it just doesn't grab me.

I don't know what it is. . . ? Maybe it's the lack of a theme for the wave or the fact that it's not the most brightly coloured wave?

I just reeeeeeally want that hoverchair Professor X to go with my 90s X-Men...

I would also like them to bring out a 90s Colossus to complete the 90s Blue/Gold X-Men teams. ...And maybe a Forge and/or Banshee (with variant green/yellow costume Banshee)

Can you imagine what an updated Colossus could look like? T_T Want...so...bad....

oh yes, I was looking at my X-Men yesterday, with all the recent releases, Colossus and Nightcrawler really look out of place now, and as we're getting the latter... y'know. Banshee is one of the few other X-Men I'd love to have, and definitely in the Green/Yellow... perhaps with Mister Sinister?

It's weird. . . this wave does have a lot of figures that i'm excited about individually . . . (Warpath, Xavier, 6-arm Spidey, Doombot/servo--guard), but as a whole wave it just doesn't grab me.

I don't know what it is. . . ? Maybe it's the lack of a theme for the wave or the fact that it's not the most brightly coloured wave?

I certainly know what you mean, and think it is the lack of theme. It seems a very different experience when you get a load from a certain team, etc. togther... all those 90s X-Men (34) or a movie-accompanying comic wave (Iron Man - 36).

That said, Lizard? ooooooooooooooooooooh yeah!

I'm the complete opposite. I want this wave to hit asap. It and the new classic Thor at the Disney store (when, cruel fate, when!??) are the things that have me excited until next year with the next sets of Universal Monsters.

Agreed! I was ready for these suckers to arrive yesterday. BRING THEM ON!!!! :D

Well, I think one thing that's hurting this wave is that 4 of the characters are retreads. And, even though they might be nice retreads, it's not like anybody's out there saying "finally, I can have a Professor X!" The army builder is not very exciting (I can't recall anyone saying they were waiting for Doombots), so much so that many people assumed when the wave was first announced it would be a Doctor Doom with a robot head. Even the variant is pretty meh, considering it's just a variation of a character we have several 'mates of already, and not even a particularly important one. So the only real exciting figure in this set is the Lizard, and I think most of us are disappointed that the head's not sculpted. It seems so...2006. Oh, and we've all also probably gotten a bit spoiled by getting two waves at once and having 14 figures to anticipate. Add in the lateness, and this wave just doesn't seem to have anything going for it.

Except for the Ben Grimm hidden figure!

Seriously, what's not to like? We finally get the Lizard to add to our Spidey rogues, a hoverchair Professor X, which for a while was thought unlikely to happen due to a 'no vehicle' deal with Marvel, a 6-armed Spidey to open up the chances of Spiral and Doppelganger, a modern Warpath to add to the X-Force team, a bulked up Thing (now where is a bulked up Hulk), and Doombots for Dr. Doom to command.

Don't get me wrong. With the exception of Thing, i really want all of these figures to plug holes in my collection . . . but for some reason i'm just as gaga for this series as a wave as i have been in the past.

I'm still going to be happy to have them all :) (well, almost all of them)

But speaking of Banshee... why HAVEN'T we gotten tim yet?? At this point, all the pieces are made (Photon's cape, Star Sapphire's collar)....this one seems ideal for a TRU wave: fan favorite, no new parts!

I'm not sure about a TBT Minimate but ............

............I'd love to see the Banshee .........& the Mimic who is also an absolute no-brainer* .

*Did you see how I did that ? ;)

Edited by buttheadsmate

Seriously, what's not to like? We finally get the Lizard to add to our Spidey rogues, a hoverchair Professor X, which for a while was thought unlikely to happen due to a 'no vehicle' deal with Marvel, a 6-armed Spidey to open up the chances of Spiral and Doppelganger, a modern Warpath to add to the X-Force team, a bulked up Thing (now where is a bulked up Hulk), and Doombots for Dr. Doom to command.

Always look on the bright side of life... *whistles*

Honestly, though, I'm with you. I like this wave.

I just wish Lizard had a sculpted head (just sculpt off the helmet from the Battle Beast).

But speaking of Banshee... why HAVEN'T we gotten tim yet?? At this point, all the pieces are made (Photon's cape, Star Sapphire's collar)....this one seems ideal for a TRU wave: fan favorite, no new parts!

I'm not sure about a TBT Minimate but ............

correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Luke make one for April Fool's Day or something similar?

EDIT - actually... wasn't it a Shanester mate?

Edited by bobafett

so just asking is tomorow just out of the question for these mates i mean we havent had a comic store realese in a while right? so if lukes right which he probabley is well see these in december

Correct, we would have known last Friday if they would be released tomorrow. This coming Friday I will know if they will be released for next week.

New tweet from Chuck today - the man really likes to give out the news on Twitter:

Marvel Minimates series 37 just got on the boat in China so it should arrive in stores in about 6 weeks.

I would not count on having them for Christmas :(

edit: Yes, this news is so important it needs to be posted twice.

Edited by boyd

Ouch! I wonder why this wave took so long? Factories backlogged from the flood of box sets and TRU mates since SDCC? Maybe the dies for Thing's slipover pieces were trickier than anticipated?

I wonder if this means the TRU wave will be similarly delayed? Seems like TRU would be a lot more insistent on getting new product on the shelf in time for Christmas shopping.

Ouch! I wonder why this wave took so long? Factories backlogged from the flood of box sets and TRU mates since SDCC? Maybe the dies for Thing's slipover pieces were trickier than anticipated?

I wonder if this means the TRU wave will be similarly delayed? Seems like TRU would be a lot more insistent on getting new product on the shelf in time for Christmas shopping.

Dunno, but I wouldn't be surprised if the TRU wave will have a similar delay.