UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 37 Spidey/lizard, profx/warpath, thing/doombot

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were to pre-order 2 complete variant sets of Wave 37 Marvel Minimate sets from AFX & get them sent to my UK address ....it would cost me just under $103 . When these arrive in the UK ,the Customs would take one look at the $103 declared value & probably charge another $30 for the pleasure of importing them into the UK from outside the EU. That makes $133 for 8 packs of Minimates ,approximately $16 per pack.

That is an example of what is possibly an extreme example of what it can cost to be a Minimate collector living in the UK.

Just saying.

I've been burned by that a few times myself. Anything over $30 gets an extra charge from customs and the post office handing it. Fortunatly I've never had that problem when ordering from Luke (big thanks :D) but I've won some eBay auctions/battls and had to shell out even more...

I'm not sure how I feel about the price increase. If they keep up the number of accessories, that's fine, but if they want that much for something like Molecule Man/Spider Woman #2 (which had no accessories) then that seems a bit much for something simple... :/

Two AoA sets and the New Mutants at NYCC. The Heroic Age & Captain America box sets from TRU, plus the Fantastic Four wave.

What about the Uncanny X-Force boxed set?

Psssh no one wants it now that Wolverine isn't in it!!!! ;)

I'm all or the wait on Wave 37. While i'm craving new Mates, there's MU Galactus (Dark), the GL 5-pack, 2 new DCUC Waves, more MOTUC, and the FF TRU Wave 8. I'm fine with putting off a Wave right now. :)

That Wolverine mask keeps looking worse and worse.

Agreed! Why on Earth would they release a second version of that particular Wolverine when the wave 29 version was fine as is. I'm sure fans would have purchased the boxed set had Phantomex been in Wolvie's spot. Parakeet Wolverine gets my vote for "most unneccessary revamp needed".

:yucky:

Eff Wolverine, I want black-suit Psylocke & black'n'silver Archangel!!

Looks like Fantomex was the odd one out. TRU 2-pack maybe?

When I visited that booth at comic con I mentioned the wolverine to the guy sitting next to the display case. I figured it was just the wolverine from wave 29. He got up and said thats not supposed to be there and I dont know who added it. So he grabbed the wolverine figure and moved it away from the other four saying he was not going to be included in the 4 pack. Not sure if this info is still accurate, just wanted to add something from my experience at the con.

...i stand corrected. Although it had to be Minideadpool's post i had read where i heard that Wolvie was the odd man out.

It sucks that he's in it, since we just got him and that mask is Gods-awful, but i'm happy with the correctly-colored claws and the NEW belt!! That is a nice piece.

But what is up with Archangel's hands?! Does he always have claws in this form??? I've hated these hands since they were used on Origin Sabretooth, and they look so off here.

We are quite a few mates away from The Minimate Juggernaut Bitch. We need Erik the Red, Banshee, Black Tom, Gladiator, Lilandra (The Bitch), Erik's Bitches, and... I think that's it if I remember Juggernaut right. Vhatever vorks. Anyway, Minimate Juggernaut Bitch. I want.

I honestly think this X-Force series set will be the first comic book Marvel set that I've ever passed on. I don't read the series and none of the figures in that set have any kind of redeeming parts that I'd use for customs. It's not to say they aren't done well (except for that funky mask on Wolverine)... but this'll be a big pass for me.

Series 37, however, is a thing of beauty.