UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

If the movie novel is accurate, Happy should have a lot of screen time. But, that won't won't keep him from sitting on the shelf with Gen. Ross, Transformation Venom and Unmasked Daredevil.

Transformation Venom and Ross rock on Chicago.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I scored at Borders and TRU today! The Borders in Farmington Hills had two each of the exclusive, Happy Hogan, and Mark V packs. I grabbed an exclusive and a Happy Hogan. After that, I went to the Livonia TRU and they had a full case up on a peg. They were down the aisle with the IM2 3.75" figures, not on the front display or with the rest of the Marvel Minimates. I broke down and grabbed one of each so now I just need to find a Pepper/Drone pack and I'll be all set aside from the C2E2 and AFX exclusives.

I noticed that all the tape on the outside and inside of the Borders packs is twice as wide as all of the tape on the TRU packs. You packaging variant collectors are in trouble! :ohmy::lol: :tongue:

If these are starting to hit in Farmington Hills and Livonia, that means the Toysrus in Okemos/East Lansing can't be far behind. Looks like I got a bus ride to take between classes tomorrow, cause it gets cherry picked pretty quickly.

Does anybody know when the movie wave is supposed to hit comic shops?

Edited by Andimus Prime

If these are starting to hit in Farmington Hills and Livonia, that means the Toysrus in Okemos/East Lansing can't be far behind. Looks like I got a bus ride to take between classes tomorrow, cause it gets cherry picked pretty quickly.

Does anybody know when the movie wave is supposed to hit comic shops?

I think next week. Hopefully I can snap these up tomorrow at TRU. Finally, and I wont have to set the building on fire.

What do you guys think the odds are that diamond will be selling the Iron Man Movie wave at C2E2 this weekend?

Reason I ask being, it sounds like between the borders wave and the TRU wave all the IM2 mates are out there, I think. So I'm thinking maybe I can just get them "straight from the tap" come Friday.

PS. I'm going nuts waiting for C2E2. (I'm going, btw) Since we haven't heard much news lately, and Diamond actually has a full on minimates panel planned, I'm assuming we'll see at least 1 new wave debut, at the very least, if not more. And I'll get to breath on the glass case and see them up close, then turn to Matt and say, "Why the hell is there still no Jubilee in this wave!?"

Fun times.

What do you guys think the odds are that diamond will be selling the Iron Man Movie wave at C2E2 this weekend?

Reason I ask being, it sounds like between the borders wave and the TRU wave all the IM2 mates are out there, I think. So I'm thinking maybe I can just get them "straight from the tap" come Friday.

PS. I'm going nuts waiting for C2E2. (I'm going, btw) Since we haven't heard much news lately, and Diamond actually has a full on minimates panel planned, I'm assuming we'll see at least 1 new wave debut, at the very least, if not more. And I'll get to breath on the glass case and see them up close, then turn to Matt and say, "Why the hell is there still no Jubilee in this wave!?"

Fun times.

I think you mean Chuck seeing how Matt no longer works for DST.

Finished up the Iron Man 2 mates with the TRU stuff today...not counting the few remaining exclusives to come out.

Instead of having the mates on the rack where the price tag for them was, they stuck the Iron Man 2 stuff on a special end display where they were hanging the Ghostbusters minimates.

I notice on Black Widow her chest tampo is hard to see unlike the prototype on the back of the package as well as her eyes are green instead of the blue-grey shown again on the prototype stuff.

Rhodey in Mark II suit is inaccurate as it's just obviously the Mark IV suit not painted, but I think most of us getting the BW/Rhodey in Mark II weren't getting the set for him. ^_^

The Mark I is so much better this time around I think with the ability to switch Tony into a tuxedo underneath. It's things like this that give the Minimates major playability.

I actually like the Senate Hearing Tony Stark too with his "s***-eating grin" as someone put it on Fwoosh.

But the best of the remaining I bought is obviously the Mark V/War Machine set. Both suits are well detailed and look great, though I wish War Machine's weapons could be pegged onto his back as well like the 616 War Machine armor for when he's not using them.

Now to wait for the exclusive 4-pack and the 616 comic Iron Man wave (wave 36) which hopefully will come out the same time as the Iron Man 2 wave fully (aka wave 35)

I called my TRU today and when I asked the lady for them, she said all they had was super hero squad and I then gave her the Item #.

Then she put me on hold...

A few minutes later a guy answered and said they had them all! He gave me the names and everything!

I picked up all four packs.

All I can say now is... I gotta get me some Hammer Drones And Justin Hammer.

And the Happy pack...and the Boarder's Exclusive pack...

What have I gotten myself into? :lol:

Edited by A.J.V.

I called my TRU today and when I asked the lady for them, she said all they had was super hero squad and I then gave her the Item #.

Then she put me on hold...

A few minutes later a guy answered and said they had them all! He gave me the names and everything!

I picked up all four packs.

All I can say now is... I gotta get me some Hammer Drones And Justin Hammer.

And the Happy pack...and the Boarder's Exclusive pack...

What have I gotten myself into? :lol:

Enjoy the madness. For anybody in Illinois almost all the TRU in Dupage have them, If you dont see them on selfves ask with the item number 431293. Good luck!

I just don't like the drones and probably won't get any, but regret not picking up a Hammer when he was available on Luke's site. Generic looking though he may be, he is Sam Rockwell. Therefore, he is bad-ass.

For anybody in Illinois almost all the TRU in Dupage have them, If you dont see them on selfves ask with the item number 431293. Good luck!

Thanks, man! You didn't clean out the Bloomingdale store on Army Trail, did you? I was gonna hit that on my way home tonight...

happy hogan may be the most boring variant but he does come with the suitcase!

Yeah, I almost bought that pack for the suitcase alone. . .then I came to my senses. I guess he is a fairly important character in relation to Tony, but dang.

The figure was not that impressive.. but for the suitcase, handcuffs and boxing gloves.. I had to go for it. I think this is the first time I bought a two pack mainly for the extras. Plus as a variant I just have to grab it if it is there.. I don't know what it is about those variant packs.. even when I don't like them.. I have to get them.

I don't know what it is about those variant packs.. even when I don't like them.. I have to get them.

A weird form of collector's OCD. I have been buying exclusives recently right and left even though I don't like them. Just to have them.

My TRU got the wave in so I picked up all four packs. I called yesterday and spoke with someone asking if they knew if they were coming in and was told they had been discontinued so they wouldn't be getting these. I knew better so just said ok and hung up but I wanted to shove them in someones face this morning and be like yeah what do you know look at these discontinued items right here in my hand!

My TRU got the wave in so I picked up all four packs. I called yesterday and spoke with someone asking if they knew if they were coming in and was told they had been discontinued so they wouldn't be getting these. I knew better so just said ok and hung up but I wanted to shove them in someones face this morning and be like yeah what do you know look at these discontinued items right here in my hand!

In their defense they are discontinued, but that just means the warehouse won't be getting anymore. But what's in the warehouse is still going out to stores.

Edited by SouthFLGuy

[quote name='SouthFLGuy' date='Apr 15 2010, 04:24 PM' post='152124'

In their defense they are discontinued, but that just means the warehouse won't be getting anymore. But what's in the warehouse is still going out to stores.

Did I miss something? do we know why they were 'discontinued?' Did they not think they would be very popular or something?

I called my local Toysrus today and they said they got their Iron Man 2 MiniMates in yesterday and even had them on hold for me, I told them I only wanted James Rhodes In Mark II Armor and Black Wideo and mom picked it up for me today. I plan to get most of wave 35 when it comes out to local comic stores.