UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

31 looks pretty good and I really love that DST is right now going for more nerdish characters in regular waves. I especially like Silver Age Angel and the fact that we are getting a Cap Britain and Shadowcat 2pack (althought I'm with TBT and others who think that Cap looks somehow strange). And it's about time to get that Black Bolt (and an AFX 4-pack with royal family members?)!

32 has a brilliant Yellow Jacket! He looks spot on! I really like this design although I'm not a big fan of him as a character. Iron Man on the other hand seems to be the character DST keeps trying and trying and doesn't capture his look in the end (except the perfect Movie Iron Man we already have!). From the moment on they did extra sculpting on his armor parts he looks way to bulky in my eyes. This one is better than the Civil War Iron Man, but he's still not my cup of tea. I don't really know why. Maybe it's his head which looks too big in my eyes or the boots he's wearing making him way too tall again. I don't know. Cable - who really needed an update - is a killer! He looks great with all this weired stuff, but I don't like the way his face is designed. Maybe too much detail on his eyes, eyebrows and frown?

However, really looking forward to get these waves!

good call on that new iron man 'mate, bob. he DOES look kinda off somehow... and you are dead right about the face details on the new cable 'mate, too: his features look way too crowded and over-rendered.

still, though: yellow jacket, goliath, captain britain, captain marvel, black bolt--- holy crap-ola! what an amazing list of characters offered in just two waves. :D

now if they get around to doing doc sampson, old school nova, constrictor, lady viper, modern thor, bronze-age wasp, mole man, black knight, star fox, tigra, the lizard, and the vulture in the next few waves i will literally be on cloud nine.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as if Shadowcat will have Lockeheed attached to her via a small torso piece similar to Booster Gold and his li'l robot.

I just went from happy to ecstatic. I didn't even notive Lockheed at first. DST sure knows how to make me happy.

Someone at DST must love Angel. This makes, what, five versions? I don't really see the point of the classic Angel without the rest of the team- hopefully they aren't far behind.

DAMN those are some hot mates ,good to see uncanny angel (just a shame its not in a box set with the rest of the x-men ) black bolt looks really imposing with that stern look on his face and CAPTAIN BRITAIN !!! (now the second brit NOT for sale in the UK damn you DST) but my favourite has to cable the guns the shoulders he's spot on ......now i just gotta find me some cash :(

A superb cast of characters . Captain Britain was the one Minimate that I thought I'd never see :ohmy:

I know he's not on the top of many lists. He is one of the easier mates to make. Blank w/ paint apps. and a slip on mask. there are alot of marvel mates that are easy based on current accessories. I went through the marvel encyclopedia and got at least thirty.( wave 55& 56 :P here's hopin')

I don't know. I think for him to be spot on he would need smaller feet.

post-850-1248125342_thumb.jpg

Also, they should release everyone in the series with the exact same face. Otherwise, he looks way to distinctive.

Someone at DST must love Angel. This makes, what, five versions? I don't really see the point of the classic Angel without the rest of the team- hopefully they aren't far behind.

Check out AFX's blog. They are hinting at (possible) minimate boxed sets of the original X-Men and the original X-Factor line up. If AFX is hinting at minimate boxed sets, then we are sure to get FA (first appearance) Cyclops, FA Marvel Girl, FA Beast and FA Iceman. Add FA Angel from wave 31 and BLAM! Instant team!

As far as the X-Factor boxed set goes Cylops and Jean for sure. Which of the other 3 will get the last 2 slots is to much of a toss up for me to hinder an accurate guess.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

my guess if they make orginal x-men and x-factor sets

would be

original x-men

cyclops

ieman

marvel girl

and beast

this is obvious since were already getting angel but for the x-factor

angel

cyclops

jean

and iceman

this is because beast has already been made this year and the iceman the made could either use a touch up or thet could come with a bobby drake figure

this is because beast has already been made this year and the iceman the made could either use a touch up or thet could come with a bobby drake figure

Are you reffering to the Secret Invasion Beast? I LOVE that beast - but he's not quite 'X-Factor' accurate. We'd need a 'Human' beast with over-sized hands & feet and the big X body suit.

Are you reffering to the Secret Invasion Beast? I LOVE that beast - but he's not quite 'X-Factor' accurate. We'd need a 'Human' beast with over-sized hands & feet and the big X body suit.

i meant that this beast is auarte for the cover of x-factor that afx used

I usually associate that ugly brown and yellow costumed, hairless Beast with the Factor. But this one is pretty cool. Much as I love those characters, X-Factor gave us some hideous outfits. I do like Scottish Scott Summers, though:

97452433904.26.GIF

Edited by karamazov80

Finally my prayers have been answered. Titanium Man!!! Captain Marvel!!! And lets not forget my personal favorite, Iron Man!!! Now all we need is a Genis-vel. Great Lineup by the way. Minimates sure have gone a long way from the first boxed sets at my local Toys R Us to all this.

I don't know. I think for him to be spot on he would need smaller feet.

post-850-1248125342_thumb.jpg

Also, they should release everyone in the series with the exact same face. Otherwise, he looks way to distinctive.

Oh come on now, they did get the nose and hands right! :P Liefeld was such a lazy f'ing hack.

Why doesn't Cable have matching gloves? D:

Because there is no symmetry in the future. Besides, you wouldn't want to cover-up the bitch'in-bling of a cybernetic-arm with big gauntlet-gloves! Oooo, maybe we'll get some chromium-variant packages (God I wish I could erase the 90's)!

Edited by cdubya

... we are sure to get FA (first appearance) Cyclops, FA Marvel Girl, FA Beast and FA Iceman. Add FA Angel from wave 31 and BLAM! Instant team!

This would make me so very, very happy. Such classic renditions of great characters have been overlooked for far too long.

Oh come on now, they did get the nose and hands right! :P Liefeld was such a lazy f'ing hack.

Liefeld Sucks

edit: fixed link

Edited by Turtle

This was only about 4 months ago!

Most Requested Minimates of 2008 (kinda)

Black Bolt

Black Panther

Captain Britain

Dark Knight Joker

Dr Evelyn Necker

Green Lantern Corps

Lara Croft

large Sentinel

Moon Knight

Mr Freeze

Mr Sinister

Nexus

Onslaught

Plastic Man

Prankster

Rorschach

Seven Samurai

Star Wars

more Street Fighter

The Princess Bride

The Return of LOTR

Okay, it may not look like much... still, that's a whole lot of progress.

... we are sure to get FA (first appearance) Cyclops, FA Marvel Girl, FA Beast and FA Iceman. Add FA Angel from wave 31 and BLAM! Instant team!

This would make me so very, very happy. Such classic renditions of great characters have been overlooked for far too long.

Liefeld Sucks

edit: fixed link

This one's my favorite from that site.

bill4.jpg

Now for a tasteful splash page of the Human Torch fucking The Thing missionary-style! Splash page? More like SLASH page, am I right!

Note the Torch’s full, supple buttocks. If this isn’t a drawing of a naked guy on fire anally violating a semi-nude grotesquery in midair I don’t know comic books! The Thing’s blow-up-doll mouth is also kind of disturbing, as is the fact that he kinda looks like he’s pretty into it. Never would have figured Ben Grimm to be a bottom, but there you have it.

At least they’re face-to-face, so you know this ain’t just some cheap fuck; there’s some passion involved at least. Work those nipples, Johnny! Work them good!

Why doesn't Cable have matching gloves? D:

Because there is no symmetry in the future. Besides, you wouldn't want to cover-up the bitch'in-bling of a cybernetic-arm with big gauntlet-gloves! Oooo, maybe we'll get some chromium-variant packages (God I wish I could erase the 90's)!

I just wish they would add more details to the T-O arm like they did with GSXM Colossus.