UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Error, Does not compute?

Punisher

There's always a chance for a Battle-damaged Wolverine as a variant isn't there? It's a BD version we haven't seen yet that I'm sure will show up sometime.

I think it's very possible. Like storm 1:08 posted earlier, the current X-Force does a lot of bloody variant covers. And DST is comic-aware enough to try to tie into something like that (they're making an Iron Man with his nose-helmet - that's some hardcore comic nerdity there).

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just to be clear, Wolverine is currently a member of X-Force and the Avengers? Why am I reminded of my youth, when he was a "guest star" in every other comic released. Is he still an X-Man, too? Any other groups that he is a member of? Fantastic Four? Inhumans? Damage Control?

So just to be clear, Wolverine is currently a member of X-Force and the Avengers? Why am I reminded of my youth, when he was a "guest star" in every other comic released. Is he still an X-Man, too? Any other groups that he is a member of? Fantastic Four? Inhumans? Damage Control?

Wolverine is also a member of the Shriners and his local public library.

He is also the Fifth Beatle.

It was kind of funny reading Wolverine's profile in the Weapon X Files book that Marvel put out last week, particularly the team affiliation part.

As far as Wolverine showing up in all the books, not only is he in every Marvel Universe book, but starting in July, he's going to be showing up in the Anita Blake books as well as the Stand.

Just in case you were actually asking :D, yes, he's in the current Astonishing team. And he has 2 solo titles, 3 if you count his "First Class" series set in the '80s continuity. Plus they release what seems like 2-5 random Wolverine one-shots a month. Not to mention fake-Wolverine in Dark Avengers, and future-Wolverine in a current Fantastic Four spin-off miniseries. Oh and there's a Weapon X series starting up (though that may be replacing one of his solo titles, I'm not sure). Not even kidding a little.

I'm reminded of a time when The Punisher was appearing in almost every titles & fighting every other macho hero until one day in the mid 90's . . . *POP* his bubble burst & we really didn't see very much of him for the next few years. God willing, Logan/James/Wolverine's bubble will pop sometime soon.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Moon Knight could easily have a variant -- Classic and Fist of Khonshu.

True (though I would still prefer BP variants), and I would gladly accept this (or any of the choices for that matter...even Hydra agent) over yet another Wolverine. K-rist, enough already! We know we're guaranteed Spidey and Wolvy 'mates to reoccur, so why waste them on a variant spot; totally unnecessary. Space it out a bit. :wallbash:

Just in case you were actually asking :D, yes, he's in the current Astonishing team. And he has 2 solo titles, 3 if you count his "First Class" series set in the '80s continuity. Plus they release what seems like 2-5 random Wolverine one-shots a month. Not to mention fake-Wolverine in Dark Avengers, and future-Wolverine in a current Fantastic Four spin-off miniseries. Oh and there's a Weapon X series starting up (though that may be replacing one of his solo titles, I'm not sure). Not even kidding a little.

He's also in Uncanny X-Men & was recently in X-Men legacy (although he has dropped out of Legacy recently)

Going with the Wolverine variant idea. Couldn't the variant end up being X-23?

Going with the Wolverine variant idea. Couldn't the variant end up being X-23?

Different characters as varients is not nice.

I agree - but are if it's 'As a variant - or not at all', then i'd take her as a variant. . .

I hope this goes on for another 8 days.

Or until I get a Baron Zemo, Whirlwind, Lizard, Scorpion, Electro and a vulture

Boy, you're probably in for a disappointing week. I wouldn't say those characters are impossible, but I doubt seriously we'll be seeing all of those names in the next few days.

12 74 74 81 80 81 50 64 8 96

new one, and its moon knight

Anybody wanna buy a custom?

Hehe, I know, i think i should throw mine up before other people start to know that were going to get an official release :devil:

Does the future-Wolverine in Old Man Logan count? I think it's like he's the Messiah in that one.

I for one love that Marvel's biggest loner is a member of every team ever. It just makes so much sense. And it certainly doesn't water down his cool factor. 'Cause he's the best there is at what he does, Bub. And what he does is be everywhere at once. Secondary mutation? It makes so much sense.

This wave sounds pretty cool. The only one that sounds like overkill is Wolverine unless he is packed with (or his variant is) another modern X-Force character.

Edited by Turtle

I for one love that Marvel's biggest loner is a member of every team ever. It just makes so much sense.

In the old days, Wolvie may have been over-exposed, but at least he was only on one team, and often spent his time doing his own thing there. Wolverine as an Avenger is particularly bizarre to me, as is Spidey as a "regular" member.

Edited by karamazov80