UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

new pictures of 27 and 28!

maxcarnage

I was looking at this pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/diamondselect...57615891423434/

and if you look at sabertooths arm near Deadpool it looks like it might have the elbow 'spikes' which as far as I know are just a part of the costume....make him more pointy looking lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

its probably special sculpting of the hand that leads to the elbow,like wolverines foot that is a normal c3 foot with a flap in front

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if you look at sabertooths arm near Deadpool it looks like it might have the elbow 'spikes' which as far as I know are just a part of the costume....make him more pointy looking lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yeah, they're there. You can see the right one in the pic in the first post, right on top of Deadpool's left hand.

Nice to know that they're still going all-out on the most awaited, and possibly best, minimates of all time. Round of applause for DST. :thumbsup:

Jeff of the Miniacs

its probably special sculpting of the hand that leads to the elbow,like wolverines foot that is a normal c3 foot with a flap in front

i think your right. they have won a gold star in my books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Wow - so it does! Extra awesome points! :highfive2:

has it been asked how people think Psylocke's psy-blade will attach to her hand? i'm thinking maybe she'll have a little hole in her hand that it snaps into? or will it be a piece that goes in between the hand and arm?

Yeah its got a piece that fits beetween thhe arm and hand!!!

so no extra hand as fart as i know

has it been asked how people think Psylocke's psy-blade will attach to her hand? i'm thinking maybe she'll have a little hole in her hand that it snaps into? or will it be a piece that goes in between the hand and arm?

Yeah its got a piece that fits beetween thhe arm and hand!!!

so no extra hand as fart as i know

:happy: I'm so immature. :happy:

Does anyone know which Sabretooth is which? As I'm a little confused.

Does anyone know which Sabretooth is which? As I'm a little confused.

It actually says which is which right in the DST Flickr album.

Regular Sabertooth:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/diamondselect/3385511174/

First Appearance Sabertooth:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/diamondselect/3384697163/

"Regular" is how Sabertooth usually got depicted in comics and in the 90s cartoon. "First Appearance" is literally how he first appeared in some Iron Fist comic many years ago (danged if I remember the exact issue number). Key difference involves the rendering of the head and the collar.

Edited by NorthRaider

I don't think the new suit Sabretooth actually appeared until the late 80s/early 90s, so the "first appearance" suit is actually the one I'm more familiar with from my early comic book reading days, which is probably why I am personally more interested in him:

post-1827-1239377678_thumb.png

post-1827-1239377694_thumb.png

these two sets have been on my wish list for a long time. I love how they updated Wolverine. About time. Now where's my Titanium Man?

• 2 months later...

man, that new skrull looks great... but does he fit in with the older super skrull 'mate??? his costume and that gun make him look significantly different in style....

man, that new skrull looks great... but does he fit in with the older super skrull 'mate??? his costume and that gun make him look significantly different in style....

the super skrulls are usually dressed up a bit different, aren't they?

Most generic Skrull soldiers wore simple purple boddy suits without a lot of decoration. The uniforms have a darker horizontal stripe across the shoulders, extending up to include the skull cap and in some case extending down vertically to the belt and trunks. How dark the stripe, the higher the rank. The Super Skrull has the large flared shoulder piece that seemed to be as much a function of hs rank in the Skrull army as his formerly unique nature, as similar shoulder flares were shown on other Skrull generals/admirals. (though Kl'rt was only a captain... yes they named him Captain Kl'rt and I'm sure they laughed to themselves every time) Every super skrull I saw during the recent Invasion was manifesting their various powers and modifying their uniforms into an amalgam of a standard Skrull uniform and whoever they were copying, so I have no idea if they had "standard" look when "at rest".

Most generic Skrull soldiers wore simple purple boddy suits without a lot of decoration. The uniforms have a darker horizontal stripe across the shoulders, extending up to include the skull cap and in some case extending down vertically to the belt and trunks. How dark the stripe, the higher the rank. The Super Skrull has the large flared shoulder piece that seemed to be as much a function of hs rank in the Skrull army as his formerly unique nature, as similar shoulder flares were shown on other Skrull generals/admirals. (though Kl'rt was only a captain... yes they named him Captain Kl'rt and I'm sure they laughed to themselves every time) Every super skrull I saw during the recent Invasion was manifesting their various powers and modifying their uniforms into an amalgam of a standard Skrull uniform and whoever they were copying, so I have no idea if they had "standard" look when "at rest".

cool! thanks for the info.

this man knows his skrulls, y'all!

I am going to get all of wave 28 for sure, the Deadpool is amazing :deadpool:

Deadpool is definitely a must have. Makes me wish I got the Bishop/Cable pack so that I'd have a mini Cable. I wonder if it will have an unmasked version.

Deadpool and Gambit are the last 2 Marvel charecters that I really wanted badly as Minis.. From here on in Marvel minis are all icing on the cake for me... and what a cake it has been.

I do have to admit I was never truley satisfied with my old sabertooth.. so these Jim Lee characters are very welcome.. but damn.. Deadpool and Gambit.. just frikin brilliant!!

They only made the Ultimate Sabertooth right? Don't want any loose ends when it comes to my collecting.

They only made the Ultimate Sabertooth right? Don't want any loose ends when it comes to my collecting.

So far its just the Ultimate Sabretooth and the X-Men Origns Wolverine/Series 26 Sabretooth and the chase Special Ops Sabretooth mates, though the Series 28 Jim Lee Sabretooth is showing up early in present TRU wave packed with Jim Lee Wolverine if you can wait for 28 to come out.

• 1 month later...

Well, hopefully none of us are anticipated waves 27/28 for August too much.

I found out a bit of grim news concerning the Deadpool Mate, and all of wave 27/28. My friend and LCS owner Mr. Dave is friends with a few people who were/are in DST, and one of the guys shopping there at the time just so happened to be a former employer of DST(the first years active, when they mostly did statues like Lady Death).

When I asked Dave if he found out when the new Deadpool was shipping(I had asked if he could find out for me the Friday before this). The other guy was standing next to Dave reading a comic while the two of us were talking, andI guess he overheard since he told me "I can give Chuck a call right now and ask if you want", since they are still friends, so obviously I said yes.

So he calls him up, phone is answered. This is cool. But when he asks, Chuck said at latest and possible release would be by the end of October. The earliest would be around 4-7 weeks. Bricks were shat. So I'm guessing this is official if it's from chuck. :(

I wish I had gotten the guys name, but I didn't. He did tell me they have never been on the ball with shipping dates. This is just a bit of unfortunate news. Discuss?

Edited by McDurg