UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

I like the control art better than what they're giving us.

I guess TRU doesn't want to foot the bill any more than they have to. All the GB sets for TRU have been part reuse sets, and so is this one. Instead of giving us the character specific jackets and all the gadgets, we get a few generic trench coats and that's about it.

Usually, the part reuse for these isn't that big a deal, since they've whipped up some good ghosts with what they had available. But by cutting corners here, they've taken what could be a nice sendoff for the series and turned it into an easily skipped set.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the GB sets for TRU have been part reuse sets, and so is this one.

Wait, what? We'e gotten tons of new parts from TRU sets: Scolari Bros, Vigo, Slime blower packs, Courtroom Ray and Egon, Statue of Liberty... granted, there have been lots of reused parts, too, but it's not fair to say they've all be reuses.

Here's my updated, simplified Ghostbusters display shelf. I've paired it down to the essentials from the first film. Just need to add the dickless one (and possibly the mayor) to complete things.

post-1827-1275354643_thumb.jpg

AFX's blog says they will reveal their SDCC exclusives tomorrow. There is one Marvel and one Ghostbusters boxset.

What's left to release from Ghosbusters??? :huh:

Janine and those civillian busters from that pic. Not the ones from We're Ready to Believe You. But the other guys.

AFX's blog says they will reveal their SDCC exclusives tomorrow. There is one Marvel and one Ghostbusters boxset.

What's left to release from Ghosbusters??? :huh:

Janine and those civillian busters from that pic. Not the ones from We're Ready to Believe You. But the other guys.

yeah...where's plaid shirt Winston with GB1 Janine for an awesome interview scene 2 pack? :P

sorry if this has been posted but afx says all of the ghostbusters will apear as they did in gb2

Tan uniforms but with "glove hands" and "Peace sign logo" for Egon and Peter making them different and tan Slime Blower uniforms for Ray and Winston (I guess blue Slime Blower Winston is in TRU wave 5?)

Is it sad I'm more interested in this set then the X-Force set?

sorry if this has been posted but afx says all of the ghostbusters will apear as they did in gb2

No... it's not. I just hope you like mutants, cause there's MORE coming our way at SDCC 2010.

No... it's not. I just hope you like mutants, cause there's MORE coming our way at SDCC 2010.

Is that a threat?

because I like mutants very much actually, just not Feral or super 90's Domino (modern I would like, but not 'weird 80's poster make-up Domino)

What's weirdest is even though the GB set is like TRIPLE redundant (guys in tan uniforms: CHECK!, Guys with GB2 logos: Check! slime blowers: half check, though I'm sure Winston is coming... hold for giggles since I said "blowers" and "coming" in the same sentence...1,2,3, continue ranty) I'm excited about this set, but my thoughts on X-Force Cable and Deadpool is "really? do we need another Cable and Deadpool?" Despite knowing how in demand Deadpool is and that set will sell like liquid hot cake gold because of him alone.... that ain't right.

Surprised this hasn't already been posted:

http://shopafx.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/...d-premiere.html

Looks like it's "Final battle Ghostbusters" from GB2. I like the fact we're getting slime blower Ray and Winston and if the tan is a little different from GB1 (looks it) I guess it's OK to have Peter and Egon to complete the look. While I do like how they look, I do feel GB1 Janine or even the four in their "Real Ghostbusters" colours would have been better.

[quote name='robomate' post='156714' date='May

I hope you're right, Myte, because these offerings are doing nothing to satisfy my fix.

Some sources say they don't have the rights, others imply they might and/or could get it in the not too distant future.

Granted a quick lick of paint can turn the existing mates into the RGB. I'm sure others like myself who got both boxsets 1 and 2 and TRU waves 1 and 2 have some spare GB mates to experiment with, but with the ghosts they fought and their more unique hair designs and colours, I feel there's more they can do. Heck, why not release Egon's RGB hair piece in both platinum blond and brown.

I'll still get the boxset as I've made it my mission to get all the GB mates (even though I missed the Tully and Slimer re-release and have yet to get the promo mate). Plus it's a slight variant on the regular uniform, which I like.

I'm not entirely sure they've got the license for RGB. If they do, be sure that they'll start pumping them out before too long.

I'm still surprised they've milked the two movies for all their worth but the Real Ghostbusters hasn't even been touched yet.

At this point I'm wondering if it's BECAUSE they've milked the movies so hard they don't want to pay for the expanded licenses since it's only a matter of time until the license folds on itself and they don't want to have paid for cartoon rights and swirly pompadour sculpts when it does.

... that said they'd be crazy NOT to invest in the RGB licenses if the TRU line keeps selling since "Citizen Ghost" alone offers FOUR potential sets of repaints of the guys (tan outfits but with animated faces, GOOEY versions of that, and then clear green heads with both outfit variations) on top of the normal RGB outfits... plus I think Egon got turned into a were creature like every other week so there's that.

I still don't see a need a Extreme Ghostbusters if it's a separate licenses from Real Ghostbusters since only Kylie and Eduardo are new designs (I'm still 98% certain Roland and Garret were intended to be Winston and Ray's updated designs that got reassigned as " new characters" at some point since they're wearing "official" looking Ghostbuster uniforms while Kylie and Eduardo are wearing piece mail costumes and you'd think if their designs are so out there given the chance to design a new "Black Mechanical Expert" and "Handy-capable jock" you'd come up with something more exciting then "Black guy in Ghostbuster two-piece shirt-pant combo rather then jumper" and "slightly pudgey red-head in ghostbuster uniform AND wheelchair")... but if it was included, I'd love to see how they handle Garret's wheelchair as the current GB torso piece doesn't fit into the Xavier wheelchair. Would they design a "clip-on" protopack? would they make a new wheel chair? would they, like Kenner before them, just ignore poor Garret? I'd like to see.

Edited by dr baghead

This SDCC set makes me a little mad as I want all the GB minimates but there is nothing in this set that is a must have. It is cool to get a set with all four GBs in it, maybe this will be one that I just keep in the package.

"Finally, this boxed set will serve to fill the last of the incomplete holes in Minimate fans' collections!"

Wow, AFX did a really good job hiding the GB1 Janine in that picture -- it's like she's not even included in the set! Luckily, from this quote, I know she must be... :(