UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

"Finally, this boxed set will serve to fill the last of the incomplete holes in Minimate fans' collections!"

Wow, AFX did a really good job hiding the GB1 Janine in that picture -- it's like she's not even included in the set! Luckily, from this quote, I know she must be... :(

She's right next to Baby Oscar in the carriage and the tub with pink slime, don't you see her?? :confused:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone actually see a difference between the grey/tan from the GB1 costumes and the grey/tan from the boxset? When I looked earlier I was under the impression the GB2 boxset was more tan than grey. I kinda hope it's more tan as it would match the GB costume I have in my wardrobe (friends zombie/undead themed party) and I feel having three sets of the guys, each with slightly different coloured costumes would look great. Plus it's been a while since I last watched it but I was under the impression they wore dark grey and tan overalls.

Edited by pawcanada

Can anyone actually see a difference between the grey/tan from the GB1 costumes and the grey/tan from the boxset? When I looked earlier I was under the impression the GB2 boxset was more tan than grey. I kinda hope it's more tan as it would match the GB costume I have in my wardrobe (friends zombie/undead themed party) and I feel having three sets of the guys, each with slightly different coloured costumes would look great. Plus it's been a while since I last watched it but I was under the impression they wore dark grey and tan overalls.

It looks to me like the colors are the same, they may have just updated the logo patch to the Ghostbusters II logo. I kinda like that though, the dark grey uniforms are cool but they were in the movie for collectively what, less than five minutes?

If these are 'sposed to be GBII guys, I really hope they fix that paint and make it the correct color. Otherwise this'll be a pass for me, even though I love the series.

I also hope they'll start making more ghosts, even if they weren't movie accurate ones. I don't think anybody would complain about getting a ghost policeman or a ghosty monster instead of another revision of the Guys.

If these are 'sposed to be GBII guys, I really hope they fix that paint and make it the correct color. Otherwise this'll be a pass for me, even though I love the series.

Already posted this in the other SDCC thread, but there's nothing to fix -- those are the correct colors. That's what they wear in the movie: http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters-2/screen-caps/220/

I think people tend to remember the movie poster instead, which does show the dark suits with the slime blowers.

Anybody else going to post pics of the rest of the boxed set?

I will tomorrow, I got it just before having to go to work

Peter x9

-GB1, GB2 w Glasses, Courtroom, Slimed, World of the Psychic, GB2, GB2 Khaki, Ready to Believe, Gooey (while Gooey is not actually available, you can turn your 2nd GB1 Peter into this with the new hairpiece)

Ray x8

-GB1, Gooey, GB2, CourtRoom, GB2 w SlimeBlower, Ready to Believe, GB2 w SlimeBlower Khaki

Egon x7

-GB1, LabCoat, GB2, CourtRoom, Gooey, GB2 Khaki, Ready to Believe

Winston x4

-GB1, GB2, Gooey, GB2 w SlimeBlower Khaki

Louis x3

- Vince, GB2, GB2 w Spengler Nametag

Dana x2

- Zuul, Casual

Slimer x5

-Clear, Glow, Normal, Clear with Food, Mischievious

Stay Puft x4

-Happy, Evil, Angry(Glow), Explode

Terror Dog x2

-Normal, Energized

VideoGame Ghosts x4

- Architect, Azetlor, BlackSlimeMonster, Chef

GB1 Ghosts x4

- Gozer, Librarian, Taxi Driver, Subway Ghost

GB2 Ghosts x7

- Vigo, Washington Square, Jogger, Titanic, Tony, Nunzio, Theater Ghost

Misc GB1 x1

- Mayor

Misc GB2 x3

- Janine, Janosz, Liberty

Misc x1

- 25th Anni Blank

By my calculations that makes for 64 different mates

Edited by Jay Tigran

I like the fact that we're getting the Marshmallow hairpiece for Venkman... especially with so many duplicates floating around.

I thought one of the DST guys mentioned that we might see something like that in one of the Q&A's.

I'm all in for the AFX exclusive set - I don't care of they're duplicates or the color is a little off... I like the slime blowers as well as the fact that we get a complete series 2 all in one set.

As long as the momentum keeps going, there is a chance that we'll continue to see more obscure characters (like GB1 Janine) as well... and if not... they did get a lot of the bases covered

That's awesome to know there's a gooey hairpiece, but if you've looked around recently it's not like there's a ton of extra GB1 Venkman's floating around on the secondary market. That should really jump the price up.

And any bets on when we'll see the first complete set of Gooey Ghostbusters show up on eBay (and what ridiculous price they'll probably go for)?

That's awesome to know there's a gooey hairpiece, but if you've looked around recently it's not like there's a ton of extra GB1 Venkman's floating around on the secondary market. That should really jump the price up.

And any bets on when we'll see the first complete set of Gooey Ghostbusters show up on eBay (and what ridiculous price they'll probably go for)?

well, if you've been collecting them all, then you have 2 GB1 Venkman's and can turn 1 of them into "Gooey Peter".

I turned the one that broke the cord from his proton gun to his pack... seemed fitting

I guess my point is that if you check out eBay (or even the trade section here) not many show up. Not a lot of people seem to have bought the first set and the TRU set.

fair enough...

hmm...

hard to say if they'll re-release GB1 Peter or not... they seem to more into variants than re-releases

guess we'll wait and see

I can see the difference. These are a tan colour as oppose to GB1' light blueish-grey. Also the straps are green on the new figs.

I'm putting together a display from each movie so this set basically does GB 2 after I get Janos and Lady Liberty. I'll Still need two terror dogs for my GB1 display but I can live without em should fate decide to keep them beyond my wallet's grasp. Walter Peck may be a buy but :D

I had an extra Pete but I gave it to my dad since it was one of the few minimates he actually recognized and liked. I'll probably just pose the gooeys with the slimed Peter, so at least they're all a mess. Accessory-wise, I'm more excited that the set includes an open trap... I didn't get whichever TRU pack it was that included one.

Yeah, the Peter hairpiece was really cool to discover after opening the box. I was wondering why it came with another one all the way home 'til my girlfriend opened the set. Then I figured it out. It's awesome!

Am I the only one hoping for a Janene from the first film, though? The short-haired, feisty one?

Yeah, the Peter hairpiece was really cool to discover after opening the box. I was wondering why it came with another one all the way home 'til my girlfriend opened the set. Then I figured it out. It's awesome!

Am I the only one hoping for a Janene from the first film, though? The short-haired, feisty one?

No, you're not the only one hoping for GB1 Janine, most people I know on the GB boards (Myself included) are anxiously waiting for a GB1 Janine to be announced