UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

You guys can't seriously tell me you bought the Desparately Seeking Susan pack...

Oh, you'd be surprised... :wacko:

P.S. It's not just the Minimate completists who bought them, you know... a lot of Madonna fans and 80s-nostalgic people who've never even heard of Minimates probably bought these too.

Edited by NorthRaider

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys can't seriously tell me you bought the Desparately Seeking Susan pack...

P.S. It's not just the Minimate completists who bought them, you know... a lot of Madonna fans and 80s-nostalgic people who've never even heard of Minimates probably bought these too.

Did you buy it?

Did you buy it?

It was never sold here in the Philippines, but I'm actually getting them in a pending trade with a boardie here :D

First BTTF, than Rocky, now this? Doesn't DST know by now that these don't sell?

I'm partially in agreement with our dour friend here. I'm pretty burned out on the movie 'Mates. Don't get me wrong, I think a line like this is better than others (like man with no name), but it's just not "all that" as the kids might say (or have said ten years ago).

When a very collector-centric fanbase like Trek doesn't make it, does even Ghostbusters stand a chance? Maybe it's only intended for a box set or two, and if so, then I think that's a better strategy. But I'm still a bit bitter over not getting the rest of Rocky and the recent termination of BSG and Trek. This is on top of previous non-starters like LotR, Street Fighter, and 24. While I don't blame DST for it, there's also lingering feelings over the loss of DC.

I guess I just can't get too excited about this or something like T2 in light of what's gone on in the past in regards to unfinished lines. Not finishing things has become a pattern in the MiniMate world, and it's a bit disheartening.

My wife is surprising excited about this line. In fact, she would like to request the following:

- Slimer in translucent green plastic

- Proton packs with translucent energy stream attachments

- Janine the secretary

- the Stay-Puff man

- a Statue of Liberty playset (just the head) that has a sound feature so when you press the button you hear Bill Murray singing "Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher"

Let's make it happen, DST.

Can I just say again how AWESOME this is? Ok, thanks.

And some thoughts: Maybe Tully has parts that make him human and will come with a Colander. (sp?

And the second boxset should be Winston, Ray, Janine and Slimer. An exclusive pack of Gozer and that painter dude with Viggo the Carpathian painting would cover villains for both movies. At least villains that make sense.

Am I the only one who is going to be buying whipped cream and recreating the end of the movie?

Well, I'm in the minority on this one. The movie was OK, but I don't see the big deal here. I probably won't be picking these up. Minimates need pre-orders to get produced sooo...... Not me. Sorry to all the GB lovers, but I'm still mad because the BSG minimates got cancelled(put on hold, resting, whatever). Another wasted license.(just my opininion, please don't crucify me. ;) )

I saw this at work and couldn't post - but this is fantasticly awesome news. I can't wait to get some Ghostbuster mates! Here's hoping that they don't forget about the remaining 'busters and we get some of the more famous ghosts. Oh, and a Stay Puft - no GB line is complete without him.

I agree that some of the signature ghosts would be nice (I would absolutely go crazy if they made a yellow taxi with a skeleton driver) but how feasible are they on the Minimate body? I'm with with the master customisers here on how they'd make Slimer - and as as a key part of the recognition factor of the license we should definitely get one. But how would you make Librarian ghost? A translucent Minimate resembling an old woman might be a tougher sell.

Finally, to all the naysayers who don't get it - more than BTTF, more than Rocky, more than a lot of the movie/TV mates, , these would make great toys. And the fact there has been Ghostbusters lines in the past and Mattel are making them now (plus the Kubricks) means that it should be viable as much more than a "niche" product. The Ghostbusters look, the logo, the signature bad guys are all instantly recognisable to many people.

Getting it out in an anniversary year, as well as the hype surrounding the new game (next best thing to a new movie) should mean that DST have the timing in these spot on.

I am still massively excited, if you couldn't tell!

Well, I'm in the minority on this one. The movie was OK, but I don't see the big deal here. I probably won't be picking these up. Minimates need pre-orders to get produced sooo...... Not me. Sorry to all the GB lovers, but I'm still mad because the BSG minimates got cancelled(put on hold, resting, whatever). Another wasted license.(***just my opininion, please don't crucify me. ;) )

That is your opinion bilbofett & whilst I hope that it will not be another wasted licence I completely understand your stance. I must admit I have had my own periods of Minimate negativity recently mainly due to the BSG/ST disappointments & have made my feelings known. I really believe that GB will be a commercial revelation for AA/DST if they don't try & stretch it too far.

You (bilbofett) will I hope forgive me for using your post as an example of the increasing trend, by members posting, to try & 'qualify'*** personal opinions & convictions . Your opinion & everybody else's opinion is valuable & should be respected despite the fact that it doesn't agree with the 'supposed' majority here on a specific point.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Finally, to all the naysayers who don't get it - more than BTTF, more than Rocky, more than a lot of the movie/TV mates, , these would make great toys. And the fact there has been Ghostbusters lines in the past and Mattel are making them now (plus the Kubricks) means that it should be viable as much more than a "niche" product. The Ghostbusters look, the logo, the signature bad guys are all instantly recognisable to many people.

Instantly-recognisable .......the key factor. Absolutely spot-on Danny.

Am I the only one who is going to be buying whipped cream and recreating the end of the movie?

I don't know about whipped cream, but I would like an edible Stay-Puft maximate made out of real marshmellows. It beats the hell out of eating Madonna.