UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

intentional in that we didnt get Ray maybe but why two identical egons? they could have made one goeey or whatever, it just seems like the waste of a slot

When all is said and done the "main" versions of the other 3 core characters will be similarly duplicated, though it looks like the duplicated Ray may be the only one that comes with the goggles.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhat related to that, I think Egon should have come with a bigger hairpiece. Louis's piece is almost a better representation of his crazy hair than the one he comes with, IMO. He looks much too normal.

That's funny because I was just looking at my Egon today and thought how they totally missed his hair. It's really not even close, but I suppose it works.

And when are going to see some pics from soneone with that Ecto-1 model?

Edited by groundhog7s

When all is said and done the "main" versions of the other 3 core characters will be similarly duplicated, though it looks like the duplicated Ray may be the only one that comes with the goggles.

It really is just the 3. Sure Winston came along in the later part of the first movie but even in the second he is used as set dressing. You could edit him out and it would not really change the movie. Sorry Ernie Hudson.

It really is just the 3. Sure Winston came along in the later part of the first movie but even in the second he is used as set dressing. You could edit him out and it would not really change the movie. Sorry Ernie Hudson.

yeah,ernie got there to late,sorry man :(

Stopped by TRU to find a fresh case of these. I snagged the complete set!

If anyone would like me to get them a set, PM me.

I bought mine here. it was only $2 above retail and free shipping. I'd hurry he only has one left.

:D I as well bought one of these sets.

intentional in that we didnt get Ray maybe but why two identical egons? they could have made one goeey or whatever, it just seems like the waste of a slot

Doesn't bother me to much. I was thinking about repainting all the extra Ghostbusters I got anyways to do them in their Real Ghostbusters uniform colors :lol:

On the commentary, someone says that Winston was important from a story-telling standpoint, because they needed someone there to ask the question--"What does this mean?"

Indeed I never though of him in those terms. Although to be fair Peter could serve the same purpose, we are told that Venkman is a scientist but we never see him being one.

I always hated that in some of the promo posters for the first movie they left Winston out. I dig him.

Going to Chicago comic con in August and I may get a chance to meet him! Woo!

If you return without a picture of him holding a Winston minimate you will be branded a failure. Just so you know.

Me too! :D

If you return without a picture of him holding a Winston minimate you will be branded a failure. Just so you know.

Will if fail if I get Edward James Olmos and Michael Hogan to sign their respective minimate 2-pack?

I did meet Ernie Hudson in a convention in Knoxsville. He really was cool. Got a Ghostbusters poster and a DVD signed by him.

And I found all of the TRU minis recently. Damn I love em. Now just gotta find that Boxset...

On the commentary, someone says that Winston was important from a story-telling standpoint, because they needed someone there to ask the question--"What does this mean?"

Indeed I never though of him in those terms. Although to be fair Peter could serve the same purpose, we are told that Venkman is a scientist but we never see him being one.

I always hated that in some of the promo posters for the first movie they left Winston out. I dig him.

Hey, I've got to FIND a Winston minimate first and there aren't any TRU's around!

Any volunteers to help a guy out? I gots Paypalz!

Hey, I've got to FIND a Winston minimate first and there aren't any TRU's around!

Hey, may be one at the convention.

WHo knows?

Please stop with the consistent "I want this posts", use the wants/haves buying/selling threads like everyone else does!

Also please stop whining there is no TRU near you, I've read at least half a dozen of your posts complaining about it in the last month or so, and it's getting really old no one likes a whiner!

T.

Please stop with the consistent "I want this posts", use the wants/haves buying/selling threads like everyone else does!

Also please stop whining there is no TRU near you, I've read at least half a dozen of your posts complaining about it in the last month or so, and it's getting really old no one likes a whiner!

T.

Not whining as much as pointing (and repointing) out a fact.

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep it in mind! :)

Edited by Mystery Man

I am still waiting for the Ghostbuster Minimates in Central Illinois (Bloomington/Normal). I travelled to visit my cousin in Evansville, IN and went into their Toys r Us and they thought I was off my rocker when I asked if they had received the Ghostbuster minimates yet. I was told "Well, if we have them they would be with the rest of those in that isle." Well, the isle I was refereed to is where the Terminatior and BSG minimates were found. But not any Ghostbusters and then the Marvel minimates were with the Marvel figures and still no Ghostbusters there.

I am expecting my box set to be delivered tomorrow. However, I really want the full team of Ghostbusters and as many of the Ghosts as I can get.

If any of you are in Central Illinois and know where to fing them, please let me know.

Thank you.

Wired just named the Venkman & Stay Puft 2-pack as the #1 SDCC exclusive on their list of 20 exclusives here. :)

Its nice to see the exposure, but this will probably make the set harder to find...

So, not going to the show, I preordered the minimate exclusives from AFX. Has anyone else done this in years past? Does my preorder guarantee that I'll get a set shipped to me after the show? This is my first time doing this, as usually the minimate exclusives are few. It would be nice to have some comfort that they set aside the figures for the preorders first, both attendees and non-attendees, and then sell the rest.