UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

My friend spoke to a TRU representative today and he was informed that our TRU would not be stocking the GBs until SEPTEMBER! I can't believe that. Hopefully this is just the case of TRU employees knowing less than their customers.

I brought a Venom/Armored Spidey up to the front desk a few days ago and asked "Do you have anymore in stock?" assuming she could scan it or something to look up the SKU but the lady working the customer service desk typed "Marvel Minimates" into the system and said "Sorry, only 4 of them on the floor", well I went to put the set back and they had Four Wolverine Sets, and 6 Wave 2 sets so she clearly looked up the wrong SKU...

Anyway to get to the damned point: Don't GB1 and GB2 have different SKU? They probably looked up "Ghostbusters" and clicked their system's link for Series 2, which comes out In September according to TRU.com. So in a way he's right, your TRU will be getting Ghostbusters in September, they'll just be wave 2.

Item#: 810005

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody found any food for Slimer? The big colorful cake from the Chef Duff set looks good with him. I've also got a little yellow sippy-cup with a straw that I was given years ago from I don't know what kind of set.

I wish I had a pizza like the old Kenner one had.

Anybody found any food for Slimer? The big colorful cake from the Chef Duff set looks good with him. I've also got a little yellow sippy-cup with a straw that I was given years ago from I don't know what kind of set.

I wish I had a pizza like the old Kenner one had.

A LEGO search on ebay will turn-up plenty. I've got an awesome 'lil turkey breast (with removable legs and platter!) from the MegaBloks King Arthur castle. Alas, I'm still waiting for my TRU to get them in (I do have the series 1 box set though). Surely this will be the week.

Anyone in the northeast from Pennsylvania on up spot the TRU sets yet?
My TRU(Johnstown, PA got in a case), alas I'm very short on $$$ to pick up extras for anyone who needs them.

Does anyone have access to all 5 packs and would be willing to grab me them? I have paypal in hand so you don't have to front the cash yourself. The TRU's in Canada just aren't carrying minimates. Which sucks. Thanks for any help.

Has anyone in the Michigan area seen these in stock yet? I have searched the Lansing, ann arbor, Jackson, and portage locations to no avail. Also has anyone near the border (Indiana, Ohio, Illinois) seen them yet as I have a nice weekend coming up and I am tired of searching for them

Thanks

Has anyone in the Michigan area seen these in stock yet? I have searched the Lansing, ann arbor, Jackson, and portage locations to no avail. Also has anyone near the border (Indiana, Ohio, Illinois) seen them yet as I have a nice weekend coming up and I am tired of searching for them

Thanks

I just picked up the last sets from the Sterling Heights/Utica TRU. The one in Fraiser only had the Terror Dog set as of two days ago, and the one in Madison Heights still hasn't gotten a shipment in (but I was there about a week ago, so they might as of now...)

I found a full set today and I'm such a happy boy...

I was playing around with head swapping and I think I need to find 2 more Courtroom Room Peter sets, I know they're wearing the grey suits in the commerical but putting Egon and Ray's heads on the suit body would make an excellent "We're Ready To Believe You!" set.

I was playing around with head swapping and I think I need to find 2 more Courtroom Room Peter sets, I know they're wearing the grey suits in the commerical but putting Egon and Ray's heads on the suit body would make an excellent "We're Ready To Believe You!" set.

Argh ! I hate you for suggesting that ! Now I must do it too ! Of course finding two more of those sets may prove tough.

And now, an open letter....

Dear Art Asylum, Diamond Select and Toys R Us,

Don't ever.... ever, ever, EVER!... underestimate the popularity of a 25 year old nostalgic and geeky property that hasn't had decent merchandise put out for it in over decade again. EVER! And don't throw Terminator at me... there's been an endless flow of Terminator merchandise for awhile. And don't throw Back to the Future at me either... not as popular as the 'Busters IMO, and that property does not lend itself to super cool minimates like these are.

They hit up here in MA today... called at 4PM to my local store... "got 'em last night, but there is nothing left on the pegs but Winston and his dog."

Called another... got a stoner teenager who put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back and told me they had none and weren't getting them... a blow-off lie.

Third store... "Yeah we got them last night.... day crew just put them out about 1/2 hour ago." Finished work at 6, went right to that TRU and got there by 7:15... already gone in that time were all 3 Venkman/Slimer sets and one of the Washington Square/Courtroom Peter sets. Picked up the three sets I still need (Washington Square, Exploding Stay-Puft and Librarian sets)... as I'm about to leave a collector in a 3 piece suit who looked like he was a Wall Street tycoon comes around the corner, sees me holding three sets and eyeing the rest and yells out (and I mean YELLS... in a Toys R Us no less)... "Awww FUDGE !!!!" but just like 'A Christmas Story', he didn't say FUDGE. :whistling:

I say "You're not totally too late... you can still grab three out of the 5 sets, but the Slimers are gone already and I'm buying this last Courtroom Venkman set." He was peeved, but happy to get at least some of them.... he had gone to one other store before this and found nothing but the Winston set. We chatted for a bit and it turns out he's not really a collector of much, but grew up on the 'Busters, saw the minimates previewed on a 'Busters blog, and had to have them for his desk at work. He had already bought the 4-pack at a local comic/pop-culture shop a week ago, and he had seen the insert and couldn't wait for 4-pack #2 to come out. . I told him "a collector is born !" I also turned him on to series 2... which he didn't know about, and he vowed to pre-order them so he didn't have to 'chase them down' like he did with these.

So yeah... I think this might be the hottest minimate property to come down the pike in awhile... and judging by the rate these sold out online, and are selling out in stores, unless there's a ton more stock yet to ship out to stores, the demand appears to be severely underestimated at this point.

Shame too if you can't find 'em... these things are AWESOME. I'm definitely pre-ordering wave 2 to avoid hassles.

Signed,

A Minimate Fan first, Ghostbusters fan second... but you guys forgot about a lot of people who are Ghostbusters fans first... and will buy these because its their favorite property first, and the fact that they're cool toys second... and there hasn't been a lot of cool 'Busters stuff to buy of late.

Maybe (probably) some at my TRU tomorrow; i really need to call and have a set held, since my Grandpa's having surgery and i'll be in a hospital all day. :(

Luckily my LCS finally got a second batch of the box set in after they sold out, so i can finally get a one. :)

Oh, and Ghostbusters is just ending on AMC and GBII is next. :lol:

i was able to pick up 4 of the 5 sets. still missing the ray and exploding stay puft set. these are cool for the ghosts i guess, but if i weren't a completist, i wouldn't care to get the slimed peter or the marshmallow ray. and of course now i have two egons. im liking the box sets a lot more.

it appears that my tru gets stuff in a week after these things appear. at least that was the case with bsg series 1 as well.

Finally, the TRU near me got in the Ghostbusters minimates. Only one case but all I needed was the Egon and Ray packs so there was plenty left over. Thankfully, they were on the pegs right next to the Battlestar Galactica minimates so I didn't have to search the entire store for them.

Now begins the long wait until Wave 2. :(

Finally found these yesterday, but it took me a few trips to complete the set. There seems to be no rhyme or reason in purchasing-trends with these. One TRU was sold-out, my closest one had 3 Winstons, 2 Slimers, 1 each of Egon and Courtroom Venkeman and no Rays. The last store I tried had a full case. I suspect unless one is fortunate enough to pounce on a fresh case, it will take a few trips for the completist...weird. Over all, I'm pretty happy with these.

I have still not gotten any of the TRU 2 packs but I have my GB1 Set 1 Set and I took and extra minimate and used him to make the Terror dog while Tully is standing next to him.

Anyone in Central IL, (Bloomington/Normal) seen these yet? please let me know. I am willing to go to Peoria or Champaign if need be, not sure where another TRU is located within an hour of me.

Thank you.

Edited by Captain Paco

I checked wednesday with a CSR and she checked the computer and got nada I go in today and all that is left are 5 packs one of each minus explody stay puft. So this might be the first sighting of them in Indiana. Lucky for Ghog I am up in Fort Wayne.

And now, a quick tale about good TRU service:

Swung by the Northgate TRU (yes, I'm using real names here, just for you Dio) and they had but two sets hanging on the peg: Slimer and Winston. I grabbed them, browsed about for other toys, then wandered up to the register. The nice young lady asked me if I found everything I wanted. "Well," I said, "do you have more of these in the back?" She went off to check the computer at customer service. After some time she returned with the information that "We're all out, but Everett has some on the floor."

And I flew out of that store like a bat out of hell. Time hack: 4:30 PM.

Cursing traffic all the way up I-5 for 25 miles, wondering how much time I wasted just browsing in the first TRU, pulled into the Everett store, cut straight across to the Sci-Fi figures aisle and... no joy! None over with the Marvel 'mates either. I wailed, I wept. Then found a rep (one I happen to have seen before and knew he was a geek). "Do you know what Minimates are?" I asked. He assured me that he did and said he hadn't seen any Ghostbuster ones. I relayed the message the nice young lady at Northgate had shared.

"Let's go see," said the geeky rep. Sure enough... he found them for me amongst the anime action figures (Ben 10 and whatnot). A full peg, stocked with a new case. I completed my collection and the rep took me up to a register (no waiting in line for this desperate collector!).

As we were ringing up, the soccer mom behind me says "Where did you find those Ghostbuster men?" "Actually, he found them for me." Mrs Mom says something about she had just decided her kids were old enough to watch Ghostbuster and played the movie for them just last week. So the rep closes his register and takes her off into the store.

Me, I casually sauntered out of the store, with a bag of 'mates clutched tightly in my fist.