UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

That' great, Cappy!! Now let me go ahead and rival that with a tale of AWFUL TRU service. :angry:

So i made sure that i called this morning enough time after they opened for the workers to get situated on their posts and the store was clear enough, and then i looked up the Item Numbers from our very own Multiverse (thanks, guys!!). I alled, gave the number, and was delighted to hear that all twelve were in stock. I made i had a full set held, and the saleswoman asked for my name twice and had me spell it for her to be sure. So then i go with my Mom and Grandma for a few errands (like buying my GB Series I box set!! :lol:), and then we make our way to TRU. When we go there i go straight to the front desk and ask for them. The woman stutters nervously and says she didn't go get them because they had so many. <_< So we're mildy aggrivated, but go off and look on the shelves. NOTHING.

We catch a sales rep to help us look, and he says "they may NOT HAVE BEEN UNPACKED YET." Then why the f*ck did she say she would hold them and get my name?!?! So now we are getting mad, and the man goes off to the front desk to get the number and check storage. 15 MINUTES later he comes back and says they're computers are being slow. Now we're getting really pissed. This is awful service, and on top of it the man goes off to help other people after telling us "yea, sure; i'll go look in the back." ANOTHER 10 MINUTES later a manager finally comes out to help us, and five later she easily brings out a full case. 5 MINUTES; like HE COULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT?!?!

And on top of that, i forgot to buy Classic Iron Man and Ms. Marvel, and Modern Ms. Marvel MU Figures. :angry: It's official; TRU's customer service is HELL ON EARTH.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I wasn't able to get all five packs, I had really good customer service. I called ahead giving them the Item # and the lady said they had nine on the floor and asked if I wanted them to hold them for me. I said sure and that I'm looking for a complete set. Unfortunately they told me they could only find three unique ones, but they held them for me under my name. I went to TRU about half an hour later and went straight to customer service, where the lady handed me four packs. I guess as I was driving over there they managed to find a fourth one. I still went to check the aisle anyway, and they still had three left. And yes, I realize that 4+3 = 7 and not 9, but who knows where the other two packs went. In any case they were quite helpful, but still no Ray/Exploding Stay Puft yet.

I'm really glad to see them flying off store shelves. On one hand it's bad, since people are having a tough time finding them, but on the other, it's great to know Ghostbusters still has the selling power. I managed to get the 4 pack and all of the 2 packs, and now both the LCS and the TRU are sold completely out. I plan on pre-ordering the next wave sometime in the next month or so, just so I know I will have them.

Also, having worked at Toys R Us before, I can tell you, they have pretty low hiring standards. Usually they hire good people, and most of their management is in-house raised employees, but that also means by then usually they are kind of jaded with the retail scene, and cut corners a lot. It's a shame, but it happens everywhere. Retail is a really not fun area to work.

Ghostbusters are at the Puyallup and Tacoma TRUS in Washington state.

And Bellevue for the second time, so I picked up what I missed earlier in the week. Really great to have these finally, now I just need to get to the comic shop early enough next week - I missed out on the box set last Wednesday or whenever it was.

I have a preorder in for a SDCC Venkman/Stay Puft set, but I'm pretty worried there won't be enough to go around. Fingers crossed there. I'm pretty optimistic about the ex-Amazon set being obtainable. I was going to skip that when it was part of that big bundle, but now I'm planning on going ahead and being a Ghostbusters completist. I think 24's the only other Minimates I've gotten every release of.

It's good to see how popular these are, but also intimidating in a way. I usually just have to worry about you guys scooping stuff up before me, but these seem to have a lot more general interest than other lines.

they toysrus local to me had an issue with their ghostbuster minimates. they were supposed to be on a truck, but they weren't. they checked on the computer and the warehouse didn't have anymore of wave 1 on order, but told me the store north county had some in stock. I wasn't in a rush to get them, so a few days later I stopped by there after a local comic con. they had all 12 from the case in stock, so I was able to get the Egon/Library Ghost and Slimed Peter/Slimer.

passed on the rest though. But it's going to be a long wait until wave 2. the ray, gb II winston (waiting for fist movie winston) and court room peter didn't appeal to me.

I love the little details on these figures. like on slimed peter, he has the removable walkie talkie from his belt

they toysrus local to me had an issue with their ghostbuster minimates. they were supposed to be on a truck, but they weren't. they checked on the computer and the warehouse didn't have anymore of wave 1 on order, but told me the store north county had some in stock. I wasn't in a rush to get them, so a few days later I stopped by there after a local comic con. they had all 12 from the case in stock, so I was able to get the Egon/Library Ghost and Slimed Peter/Slimer.

passed on the rest though. But it's going to be a long wait until wave 2. the ray, gb II winston (waiting for fist movie winston) and court room peter didn't appeal to me.

I love the little details on these figures. like on slimed peter, he has the removable walkie talkie from his belt

I never noticed that! WOWEE! How cool!

Here's a silly little ghostbuster mini-mate story:

I was talking with my mother earlier today and showed her the Egon minimate, Egon being my favorite Ghostbuster when I was younger, and said "Hey mom, how well do you remember my childhood?" She took it and examined it said "Oh, oh I .... I don't know his name but he's a... A GHOSTBUSTER!" she then proceeds to hum the Ghostbusters theme while wiggling around the figure.

the last time I tried to get her to guess a minimate's identity it was Hannibal Lector ('Silence of the Lambs' is her favorite movie) and she was stumped, but she knew Ghostbusters right way (and I'm betting if he was Real Ghostbuster colored she could have remembered his name) so I think that shows potential for this line, Marty McFly and Hannibal Lector without context can be anyone, but you see those proton packs and everyone remembers Ghostbusters even if they haven't had to know what a Ghostbuster was for 20 years.

I find it very itnersting to see how much sets of these are going for on eBay. It's like they have become the new toy currency or something. Most sets are selling for around twice the cost to get them on the shelf. I can't remember a whole wave of anything Minimatey that did that.

I find it very itnersting to see how much sets of these are going for on eBay. It's like they have become the new toy currency or something. Most sets are selling for around twice the cost to get them on the shelf. I can't remember a whole wave of anything Minimatey that did that.

well from the looks of it, when my friend checked the computer system at toysrus. it looks like they didn't order many of the ghostbuster minimates. a week after they started shipping to the south east, they warehouse is empty and looked like none are on order.

well from the looks of it, when my friend checked the computer system at toysrus. it looks like they didn't order many of the ghostbuster minimates. a week after they started shipping to the south east, they warehouse is empty and looked like none are on order.

Damn, I suspected as much seeing how fast they sold around here and online. Way to underestimate demand guys ! (see my rant a few pages back)...

Got my wave 2 sets pre-ordered... not risking it.

Me and my brother love these things. Me and my brother (me being 13 and him being 7) kinda have a link that tells us what the other wants for a present. So he saw all the signs (I got the game, I probably watched the movies 13 times on AMC) and he got me the terror dog and Washington Square Ghost Packs. I love them (The Proton Packs are awesome), but I think he likes them more than I do.

My local TRU has received 2 cases of these, and completely sold out of both. I think these are a hit in my neck of the woods, anyway. The BSG, T2, and Wolvie: Origins 'Mates look so pitiful sitting there with no one to love them :(

Anyone who's gotten the TRU exclusives:

Is Sticky Ray & Glowing Stay Puft out yet? They're the only ones I'm missing from the back of the packaging...

EDIT: http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=6525

That answers my question. Sh**. <_<

Never had a problem with TRU 'Mates before this Bullseye/Moonstone B.S. Now I can't find crap... :unsure:

Edited by TENIME_art