UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

Harley Meeks:

What are the chances of a Classic Marvel team 4, or 5 pack of the Champions? I think the demand for characters from that team would for a very hot item. Original Ghost Rider, Hercules, Black Widow, Iceman, Angel (with feather wings) would make a lot of people VERY happy. (Like me) I lust after an Original Ghost Rider.

DSTChuck: Minimates are pretty much sticking to the packaging formats you see right now. Single packed counter displays “army builders”, two packs and four packs….so a 5 pack is out. However Champions is very possible.

What was Marvel Zombies? They've done 5 packs plenty of times. Also...

Isaac Graham-Durham:

For Minimates did you ever think about making a Marvel vs DC series? Oh and um could you send me a Punisher Minimate because i was on minimate multiverse and you sent some of them 2 packs.

DSTChuck: We do not have any rights to DC Minimates, so no that’s not something we have thought about. I don’t recall just sending out random Punisher MM but you never know with DSTMatt!

Which one of you was this? Seriously, show a bit more class!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSTChuck: Minimates are pretty much sticking to the packaging formats you see right now. Single packed counter displays “army builders”, two packs and four packs….so a 5 pack is out.

What was Marvel Zombies? They've done 5 packs plenty of times. Also...

I'm guessing by "the packaging formats you see right now" he means current releases?

To do a 5-pack now they'd have to design a whole new box with another window in the front, it'd be a big hassle ;)

Haha. I love n00bs. :)

Zachary Silva:

Do you guys still sell the ghostbusters minimates?

DSTChuck: We JUST started developing the line so you didn’t miss anything. We hope to get them in stores this summer, so keep checking back for updates.

Yeah, they totally came and went within a two-month period. Sorry dude; no more. :P

And it really isn't looking bright for BSG. Chuck basically said "screw your questions. The line isn't going anywhere." Which kinda sucks. A lot. I mean really?? Have you noticed that when we bring up BSG or ST that he really doesn't answer the question but gives a "anything is possible" response?? It's really been eating at me lately.

And i take it we might be getting a Dark Avengers set/wave after all. BUT if they make it 30 so help me Gods. I'd hate to see such an epic anniversary wave wasted on them.

And i take it we might be getting a Dark Avengers set/wave after all. BUT if they make it 30 so help me Gods. I'd hate to see such an epic anniversary wave wasted on them.

I hadn't thought of the 30th wave as an anniversary, but it really is an epic number for an action figure line. And there's only one line-up big enough for that kind of anniversary - three new Spider-Man and Wolverine two-packs (with variant Spider-verine)

Edited by boyd

And it really isn't looking bright for BSG. Chuck basically said "screw your questions. The line isn't going anywhere." Which kinda sucks. A lot. I mean really?? Have you noticed that when we bring up BSG or ST that he really doesn't answer the question but gives a "anything is possible" response?? It's really been eating at me lately.

I love this in particular:

DSTChuck: I think we’ve been pretty up front on this but maybe this will make it easier. Canceled for US means we are never going to make the item. BUT we sell to retailers so if it looks like we might never (at least in that exact form) make an item we have to “cancel” their order and the item. If we think there is a chance we will make the item we will say “delayed” it means there is some hope, however slim. BSG MM are from a DST point of view, delayed.

Yep. Completely up front about it. Crystal clear. BSG isn't cancelled-cancelled. It's just delayed-cancelled. From DST's point of view. But with an agressive push, BSG just might pull through, right?

DSTChuck: We did not place the BSG in the main display so as not to cause confusion to fans, but we (and sales) did show them to the folks that needed to see them.

Seriously? At a TRADE show, DST was more worried about confusing fans (after telling fans that BSG 'mates would make an appearnce at TF) than marketing an item? Strange strategy, only showing to people that "needed" to see them. That sounds like a really super-duper agressive push and brilliant way to drum up support.

At least with ST, DST has been a little more upfront, flatly admitting there were no plans for anything else.

Edited by Turtle

Their answer was a bit confusing, to be honest, which adds a bit of comedy to the whole "easier" comment. I think what we can take from this is that BSG as a license is not canceled (I can never tell whether there should be an extra L there), but that BSG, as a New Caprica box set and two waves, is canceled.

The bit about showing it to the people who "need" to see it, I imagine that is to relieve any future pressures from fans on DST to get these out there. If they showcased the upcoming sets to us again and then they never came out, we'd be twice as pissed as we were when they were first shown and then canceled. So, they showed it to vendors and buyers behind closed doors to show what was available if anyone was interested in buying. If no one bites, then DST didn't get our hopes up and they slightly reduce the chances of another SF2 wave 2 fiasco that haunts them to this day.

Also, I don't think they ever said they'd be showing them to US at Toy Fair, only that we'd learn more at Toy Fair and that they would be showing them to someone to try and drum up support. Showing them to us does not equal a sell, since we've all done a bang up job of getting Lord of the Rings wave 3, Street Fighter II wave 2, and DC wave 9+ on shelves.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Q&A is up. I am going to gamble and sell my MS Black Cats. I may regret it, but I could always get 2 reissues, seeing as how they should probably be in the next wave. Possibly Black Widow also. What do yall think. I ned opinions.

Save one? To be safe? :confused:

Plus, Twin Peaks Minimates?

Wow. That was random. :blink:

1. Will there be an electronic 1:18 DeLorean for the third movie with 1955 time-travel modifications (such as white wall tires)?

2. Since you are also making merchandise for Ghostbusters, will you be making 1:18 versions of the Ecto-1?

DSTChuck: We HOPE to do three versions of the DeLorean. As for the Ecto-1 yes of course we’d LOVE to make one but we have to see what Sony thinks about that… Right now we’ve got our hands full with the GB stuff we have coming out this year.

Time to start petitioning for a Minimate-scale Ecto-1! [/prerequisite post-Q&A "petition" post]

The new Q&A is up. I am going to gamble and sell my MS Black Cats. I may regret it, but I could always get 2 reissues, seeing as how they should probably be in the next wave. Possibly Black Widow also. What do yall think. I ned opinions.

You should sell them. I expect them to come out again some time.

And it's not like Black Cat's that cool anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

... although, Chuck didn't try to discourage that one guy asking about "Piece of the Action" versions of Kirk and Spock. Maybe they ARE working on something...

... They're working on a new Robocop movie?! DST, please start cracking!

... Golly, if UK Minimate distribution is spotty, I'd sure hate to ask about Asian distribution...

Hopefully their work on T2 will push them in that direction quickly.

Totally. I'm sure that the Terminator minimates without Sarah AND John will help move that line. Especially with Sarah again in wave 2. <_< Seriously, DST??

Like Predator, and want some more military-mates, so that'd be a fun license. ESPECIALLY if we got "active-camo ;)" Preds. I want them picked off by an invisible foe. :P

And web-site advertising on a Q&A?? WOW... :blink:

Yeah, but would they sell? I mean, really, are there that many Aliens & Predator fans? :yes:

Hopefully their work on T2 will push them in that direction quickly.

From the moment they were announced, I was thinking that this would be their long-term strategy. If the Terminator figures sell, then they will likely try to move to the (potentially pricier) Aliens and Predator licenses.

On another note, it's kind of weird that DST talk about not having the ability to get the Robocop license with a potential re-make coming up, yet they've got T2 figures coming with T4 right around the corner. I guess no one else thought Terminator mini-figures were a good idea? Fools.

Edited by karamazov80