UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

In general those McFarlane sets scale really nicely with minimates; it just becomes a question of aesthetics if it works for you.   I tend to like the stuff that's a little more realistic (Like the walking Dead stuff) more than the stylized cartoon-y stuff (Like Steven Universe or some of the R/M stuff), but that's a personal preference.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/23/2020 at 9:21 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Oddly enough ....or perhaps you have me on surveillance......I will be leaving Crete this evening .  :yes:  True!

I met up with several of my life-size `Playmobil'  'mates ....no vacation is complete without them .

Spooky  'Fiend spooky.:unsure:

MUEaRiw.jpg

On 9/28/2020 at 12:28 PM, youbastards said:

Look at that classic vintage design, it may be out-dated and worn out by some modern standards, but I think it still holds up well after all these years.

The Playmobil figure is nice too!

:lol:

I think I should make it clear that I was outside of an empty store on an empty street & my mask was removed momentarily for the picture . You can see the mask in my hand & despite my hatred of masks & regulations I adhere to them to the letter   wherever I may be.   Just saying.

8 hours ago, nandoninny said:

saw this on diamond's shiplist today and i think it'd be awesome for street fighter type minimates:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN208330

according to amazon its about a 11" deep, 9" tall which makes me thing its about 14" long sideways.  Anyways, thought it be a fun one but not worth spending $30 to find out if i'm right or wrong

Woof that’s a beauty. I’d use it only twice or else I’d buy it. Still haven’t bought the rick and Morty sets Or even the Jada Batcave. 😂 

10 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Woof that’s a beauty. I’d use it only twice or else I’d buy it. Still haven’t bought the rick and Morty sets Or even the Jada Batcave. 😂 

i prefer to use legos/building blocks for my minimate sceneries (playing).  i probably have enough ninjago type legos to build something like this.  i love the smashed concrete on the floor though -- i'll need to come up w/ a cool way to recreate that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 11:07 AM, nandoninny said:

saw this on diamond's shiplist today and i think it'd be awesome for street fighter type minimates:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN208330

according to amazon its about a 11" deep, 9" tall which makes me thing its about 14" long sideways.  Anyways, thought it be a fun one but not worth spending $30 to find out if i'm right or wrong

Just ordered mine on Amazon for $33.06 shipped, before the price gouging begins. It would look legit for the mates, I think, based on this picture giving us a good scale: 91AZ6ULra6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg  

17 hours ago, Netglow said:

Just ordered mine on Amazon for $33.06 shipped, before the price gouging begins. It would look legit for the mates, I think, based on this picture giving us a good scale:   

sweet!!  thanks!