UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Avengers: Endgame" Minimates - SPOILERS INSIDE

MisterPL

2 hours ago, stack32 said:

Whatever all the reasons are it is interesting to see the different approaches to the same license, especially since it used to be DST that would thoroughly cover a movie and Hasbro would make a couple figures and be done.

True, that is why I switched to Minimates back in the day, because they always covered more characters and were much easier to find.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mc2109 said:

Anyone finding the Walgreens wave? 

Still nothing in Vegas. Gonna got a couple today. But yesterday I bought the remaining minimates stock at Walmart just to see if they’ll restock with the endgame mates. Will report with what happens. 

6 hours ago, mc2109 said:

Anyone finding the Walgreens wave? 

Nope and after checking the 10 Walgreens around me the past 3 wks this sure feels like IW wave 2 again. 

By this time after first sighting Cap Marvel wave was widespread. Stores have plenty of room w most having 0-2 movie mates. I’ve see plenty of Hawkeye Pop, Infamous Iron Man ML and Fortnite exclusives so the stores are getting in new stuff.

This along w no new eBay listings in almost 2 wks is not encouraging. Although given how things have been going for minimates this seems appropriate. ?

I do my best to keep the pegs clear in the two stores that I frequent and other than a partial wave two weeks ago, I missed the Iron Man & Thanos, the pegs have been empty. So I asked and the cashiers that have gotten to know me were confused because they haven't been receiving their usual toy shipments from the warehouse. She went on to say that they have a dedicated Marvel Legends and a Hot Wheels collector in with the same problem.

Ok here's a bit of a strange question that's rattling around in my head since seeing new Thor Endgame figures especially the final look Thor Funko from Endgame.

Which end of Stormbreaker to you lot is the prominent head? Is it the Hammer side or the Axe side?

Most toy images I can recall from IW have the hammer head either forward or facing down as it would seem that would be the one that the figure is striking with. While the newer Endgame figures go with the axe head being foward as now that seems the striking part, prob to do with how it was used in IW.

Me I go with the hammer side being the main one as just because no matter its MCU I still connect Stormbreaker with Beta Ray Bill first and then Ultimate Thor because of styling and in my head Bill espically is hammer forward.

18 hours ago, Mattallica said:

maybe Walgreens changed their mind on these

I found them a couple days before Endgame came out but only at one store in my area and haven’t seen a sniff of them elsewhere around me.  Been looking to grab an extra cap/rocket set but no dice since about 4/24.

1 minute ago, ampirius said:

So the Joe Russo states that the ban on spoilers is lifted today, shall we do the same here, or no?

Why bother? We have tags. Facebook does not. If we wanna openly discuss spoilers we can make a thread for that. 

Still no Endgame MiniMates in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois that I have seen.

There are six Walgreens in the area. Only one has had the Captain Marvel two packs that I have seen.  That one store still has not seen the Endgame Mates yet that I am aware of.  The other five stores still have a stock-pile of animated waves and Ragnorok, Black Panther and Infinity War Mates.  Some of the Animated Wave finds are all the way back to Spider-Man with Electro set.  Still have not seen many of the most recent animated waves here either.  Nothing new along the animated line for over a year maybe closer to two.

2 hours ago, Captain Paco said:

Still no Endgame MiniMates in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois that I have seen.

There are six Walgreens in the area. Only one has had the Captain Marvel two packs that I have seen.  That one store still has not seen the Endgame Mates yet that I am aware of.  The other five stores still have a stock-pile of animated waves and Ragnorok, Black Panther and Infinity War Mates.  Some of the Animated Wave finds are all the way back to Spider-Man with Electro set.  Still have not seen many of the most recent animated waves here either.  Nothing new along the animated line for over a year maybe closer to two.

Buy them and sell them on Ebay or find other Board members that are looking for stuff. That's how I have been triggering restocks at my stores.

After losing my job last week and just getting to see the movie last Sunday, I'm finally caught up with the dozen pages I avoided due to spoilers here.

Anywho, yeah, there's definitely another assortment worth of viable Minimates that could be offered. (Yet another example of why there should be two assortments for many new films; one for the movie release and another for home video.)

As a now-former Marvel licensee, I can attest that the style guides for product development did not show most of the characters/costumes that would make up such a post-release wave.

Spoiler

No Lebowski Thor, no Valkyrie, no Rescue, no Korg or Miek.

If there were assets, they were only made available to select licensees for whatever reason.

Gotta admit, the underwhelming Endgame Minimates (both in design and not being able to find them) and the lack of Spider-Man FFH and Spider-Verse 'Mates, has really put me off from Minimates. I've always collected a lot of different toy lines, but Minimates have been number one for a while. I think that's gonna change though. Hasbro has really stepped their game up with Legends and I think those are gonna take over as my #1 toy line now.

Edited by PrinceCuseCuse

35 minutes ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Gotta admit, the underwhelming Endgame Minimates (both in design and not being able to find them) and the lack of Spider-Man FFH and Spider-Verse 'Mates, has really put me off from Minimates. I've always collected a lot of different toy lines, but Minimates have been number one for a while. I think that's gonna change though. Hasbro has really stepped their game up with Legends and I think those are gonna take over as my #1 toy line now.

See ya later, alligator 

15 minutes ago, Heinous said:

See ya later, alligator 

Wait no! Don't kick me out so soon!

Wave 78

Looks

Greaaaaaat....

(In my head that reads as if I'm falling off a cliff, but I have to explain it otherwise it won't make sense.)

9 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

I think that's gonna change though. Hasbro has really stepped their game up with Legends and I think those are gonna take over as my #1 toy line now.

If you're into movie stuff I don't see that there's really another viable option unless you're up for spending much more money on import figures. For comic stuff DST is still making a respectable showing but with their output reduced it's hard not to pick up some MLs in the meantime.