UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic-Con 2015 Exclusives Speculation

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Goliath figure is 6"? Doesn't look it. That Giant-Man costume is being released in 6" as part of the (somewhat ironically named) Ant-Man Legends wave. So I personally will probably pass on this set, as the Dr. Strange set will be enough of a hit for one summer.

And I believe there is a Valiant thread, but we have plans to put out a second set.

The Valiant thread was closed down due to a "flame war". We're still talking about a 2-pack right? Is there any chance that we'll see a full line at some point (4--packs and/or waves)?

mmmtbolts1.jpg

The Tunderbolts had a hugely successful name. Even though *these* thunderbolts weren't the ones that earned the name, it still carried the commercial and critical success of the first run of comics with it.

Additionally, it had a couple of reasonably heavy hitters in Osborn (who was everywhere for a few years there) and a Venom.

Still - that being said, i'd give anything to see a return to this kind of '616verse 2 Names + 2 newbies' formula ;)

The whole point of the RedBolts vol was to sell books based on the "cool" factor rather than the actual storytelling and art. Up until Soule's brief run it was Godawful and after he left it turned into a steaming pile of awful retcons and sh!t. The EllisBolts were damn great though, I still read it from time to time.

And on top of that the Thunderbolts run from that comic was really good. I kept up with it for a while.

I really hope you're not talking about the RedBolts (with the exception of Soule's run)....

I forgot about that set. I was talking about the set with Radioactive Man.

And I believe there is a Valiant thread, but we have plans to put out a second set.

The Valiant thread was closed down due to a "flame war". We're still talking about a 2-pack right? Is there any chance that we'll see a full line at some point (4--packs and/or waves)?

mmmtbolts1.jpg

The Tunderbolts had a hugely successful name. Even though *these* thunderbolts weren't the ones that earned the name, it still carried the commercial and critical success of the first run of comics with it.

Additionally, it had a couple of reasonably heavy hitters in Osborn (who was everywhere for a few years there) and a Venom.

Still - that being said, i'd give anything to see a return to this kind of '616verse 2 Names + 2 newbies' formula ;)

The whole point of the RedBolts vol was to sell books based on the "cool" factor rather than the actual storytelling and art. Up until Soule's brief run it was Godawful and after he left it turned into a steaming pile of awful retcons and sh!t. The EllisBolts were damn great though, I still read it from time to time.

And on top of that the Thunderbolts run from that comic was really good. I kept up with it for a while.

I really hope you're not talking about the RedBolts (with the exception of Soule's run)....
I forgot about that set. I was talking about the set with Radioactive Man.
Both the set and the comic were top notch, truth be told. I've said it already and I'll say it again, the T-Bolts and Dark Avengers sets were and still are the best Minimate 4-packs.

It's probably because nothing about that team says Thunderbolts, it just seems like a random grouping. Or a marketing opportunity.

The EllisBolts? Sure, most of them didn't strive for redemption, but it was pretty T-Bolt-y in nature. If we're talking about the RedBolts though, yeah, that was Thunderbolts in nothing but the name.

PS: If we're going to keep on talking about T-Bolts, maybe we should call the 2008 set T-Bolts, and the new one RedBolts because at this point I don't know who's talking about what and it's driving me nuts...

I think they're talking about the RedBolts.

Call it a marketing opportunity if you like, but you'd probably have to criticize each individual character for being so popular first. Darn popular characters, gotta team up all the time...

If the issue is that their "uniforms" matched, matching uniforms is all anyone talks about here.

If the issue is that they were called the Thunderbolts, Thaddeus Ross wants to talk to you.

Other than that, they were all ex-military/paramilitary/assassins, which seems to fit in with the general "Suicide Squad" theme that the Thunderbolts evolved into, except with anti-heroes and not actual villains.

Man, we should do the original Thunderbolts. They were really cool. :D

I think they're talking about the RedBolts.

Call it a marketing opportunity if you like, but you'd probably have to criticize each individual character for being so popular first. Darn popular characters, gotta team up all the time...

If the issue is that their "uniforms" matched, matching uniforms is all anyone talks about here.

If the issue is that they were called the Thunderbolts, Thaddeus Ross wants to talk to you.

Other than that, they were all ex-military/paramilitary/assassins, which seems to fit in with the general "Suicide Squad" theme that the Thunderbolts evolved into, except with anti-heroes and not actual villains.

Man, we should do the original Thunderbolts. They were really cool. biggrin.png

The RedBolts just didn't have the "charm" of the original series. Sure, the book evolved into some kind of Suicide Squad clone and frankly, I didn't like it. My main problem with the series was that it really didn't make any sense. Zadkiel's back from Hell and the Punisher steals a magical sword from him? WTF?! And then he proceeds to resist the Penance Stare and rid Johnny of Zarathos? Well, no force on Heaven or Hell can do that (well, almost) but a regular guy and a magic sword can. Can't argue right there....Not to mention the whole Venom thing. Plus, the final "story" (If you can call it that) was God-awful. I mean, it featured line like: "You stupid, supid bastard!".....I rest my case...

The EllisBolts were not "true" T-Bolts, but it wasn't an SS clone either. It was more like a superpowered police force, and I liked it. It was different and it fit into the context of the post Civil War world . The Diggle run was an SS clone, though I did enjoy it. As for the FightBolts, we don't talk about them....The RaftBolts though, that was pure T-Bolt action. Some bad guys, some not so bad guys, some evil some looking for redemption, it had it all. The TimeBolts arc dragged on too much though, but in its entirety, it was a pretty great old-school T-Bolt run. The DA volume wasn't too shaby either...

And yes, you should make the original Thunderbolts. Like, yesterday. Wait, is that like a hint or something? I mean, Citizen V is on the ANADMarvel poster...

I liked both sets of Thunderbolts. The older one was a little better to me, but the new one was a cool set with a new Ross and four great figures.

Man, we should do the original Thunderbolts. They were really cool. biggrin.png

YES, PLEASE!

On a SDCC note, will there be any promos this year?

TBH, I am not familiar with most incarnations of the T-Bolts. Original, Osborne, Luke Cage, Ross... that's about it.

Well, that's how I classify them:

Originals (Busiek, Nicieza, up until Ellis): T-Bolts

Osborn: OzBolts

Cage: RaftBolts

Ross: RedBolts

Between the OzBolts and the RaftBolts there was the Diggle run and the *shudder* FightBolts....It was a bunch of Z-Lister boxers, um, boxing, I guess? It was really, really damn awful...

Zach, I'm pretty sure everyone but you was talking about the Thunderbolts set with Norman Osborn, since it was an SDCC exclusive and all.laugh.png

I remember the (good name for it) Fightbots books from the covers, which I thought were striking, but the comic looked awful. This was at the end of the Bill Jemas era, which produced some really odd things, not the least of which was keeping the numbering of a long running title but completely changing everything about the book, so that you piss off all the remaining fans and don't draw any new readers. It worked for Milligan's X-Force and nothing else. And yes, before someone else says it, we need X-Statix Minimates.