UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 64: Crouching Minimate, Secret Wars...

Zexion_Armando

Have we ever had an all woman Marvel 2-pack before? (Captain Marvel & Thor)

There was a Rogue/Mystique pack in the early days...

And Destiny/Jubilee more recently.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your point is still valid though... i's a rare occurrence.

and after having a quick scan of the Minimate Database, there was also Mirage/Magma at TRU.

Wave 10 ...10 years ago was unique ....although it didn't have any all-2women 2 packs ,it did have a female character in each pack . Wave 10 is a personal favourite & one that still holds up fairly with modern 'mates .

I just notice that as i was scanning through, too!
Such a cool set up for a wave.
I came a little late to minimates, and Julie was a bit of a grail of mine for some time.

Edited by Nessex

Did someone say "movie accurate?"

In that he is wearing a brown suit, with pants, and isn't wearing a blue suit, or have a giant head. Note the hat next to him at the Collector's place.

Good Lord......that Spider-Gwen and Iron spider 2pack will be a headache to get.

Hopefully not more so than Yondu.

Edited by DSTZach

Sorry people aren't happy with the wave. Obviously, we picked characters we thought people would want, but all of the books these characters appear in are part of Secret Wars, and were featured in the early promotional artwork for the event and its tie-ins. We started as early as possible, so some plot details were unknown to us.

One exception might be Ultron, who appeared in the general Age of Ultron universe promotions, but I'm not familiar with the exact incarnation of Ultron ours is meant to represent. The only REAL cheat I can think of is Iron Man 2020, who appeared slightly differently in the actual Armor Wars book, but was drawn in his classic style by Ross for issue #1. Otherwise, Thor and Capt. Marvel are all over the place.

flash-123-03.jpg

Secret_Wars_1.jpg

b70kjmjcuaewspu-118636.jpg

Secret-Wars-2015-2-A.jpg

Secret_Wars.jpg

Secret_Wars_Battleworld_Vol_1_1_Textless

aforce-1-121655.jpg

I mean, I'd love a set of Iron Avengers, but I don't know if they ever even showed up.

Edited by DSTZach

With an ensemble this big you'd never please everyone. This event just seems like an excuse to offer a little bit of everything and that's exactly what you're doing. Aside from creating a Secret Wars sub-brand, I'm not sure how DST could satisfy more comic-hungry collectors.

I thought it was a pretty good lineup overall, aside from Hulk and Wolverine, and they aren't even bad choices, they have just been done before in those looks. I would have swapped out Iron Spider for Noir Spiderman, but overall I think it was a good assortment. I don't really know if that Ultron is different enough to stand out, but that is not a big deal to me.

I just think a Boxset or a Secondary wave would do this event nicely.

If AoU can get it with its bland assortment of bleh, Secret Wars is more than deserving I think.

That Disney money makes the world go round.

buuuut this does scream boxset.

I think this is a great wave with some characters I've been longing to have. I still think that Maestro, Old Man Logan and Ultron could be replaced by any other characters, but they say people have to see familiar faces to be motivated to buy something, so...

Sorry people aren't happy with the wave. Obviously, we picked characters we thought people would want, but all of the books these characters appear in are part of Secret Wars, and were featured in the early promotional artwork for the event and its tie-ins. We started as early as possible, so some plot details were unknown to us.

One exception might be Ultron, who appeared in the general Age of Ultron universe promotions, but I'm not familiar with the exact incarnation of Ultron ours is meant to represent. The only REAL cheat I can think of is Iron Man 2020, who appeared slightly differently in the actual Armor Wars book, but was drawn in his classic style by Ross for issue #1. Otherwise, Thor and Capt. Marvel are all over the place.

Not unhappy, I just find the character questionable is all. All the 'mates look wonderful and definitely look worth purchasing, I (and few others) just had different expectations. The line doesn't revolve a single collector and as previously stated you can't expect to please everybody. I am definitely getting this set, whenever the Philippines gets it.

A second wave or a box set would be nice though. Hehe.

I understand why those three were chosen, the alternate realities that they represent are some of the more well-known, I just think that if we hadn't gotten them already they would be a lot more exciting.

That's my point. We already have a Maestro that looks awesome and is pretty recent. We had two Old Man Logan in the past that didn't change that much. Ultron... again? But, anyway.... it's a wave that I won't miss and I hope we get a second one with some other cool characters.

Old Man Logan hadn't been released in at least five years, so not everyone can easily find him.

And there is a box set: Zombie Villains vs. Age of Ultron. Based on the Secret Wars book!

90s Psylocke, beast, gambit, Rogue, Jean and Scott haven't been released in over 5 years, can we get new ones of those. The Olds are super expensive and not easy obtainable :) Edited by Heinous

If they make Old Man Logan basically the same, at least rerelease a similar 28 Gambit, or Bullseye. I have both but would love a spare set. One in eight being a redo isn't a big deal if you also get two new MM in the wave as well.

I think it's annoying that Ultron is in every wave and box set. At least it's probably over after Halloween. I get cashing in, but ten in a year is to much.

I like the new Maestro, he's the bad guy in Marvel Champions so hopefully that attracts new MM fans. It's also a totally different look.

Howard should have a removable hat. MM have removable hair pieces and hats. I didn't ask for the character so I don't care to much, but will get him because...I collect the line.

Dazzler looks good

Ultron, again

Evil Ironman from the future? Ok, sounds good

The other two are awesome and am excited to get.