UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Next Through the Ages Boxset

Pedro Pablumo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainly because we aren't doing any more TTA sets.

I mean, never say never, but I think we're done, unless something comes up.

Most of these ideas are for characters who wouldn't carry a set on their own. Cyclops MAYBE, but Captain Britain, Magneto, Moon Knight, I doubt it.

I'd love a Spider-Verse Spider-Man TTA set, but it doesn't seem to be in the offering.

Mainly because we aren't doing any more TTA sets.

I mean, never say never, but I think we're done, unless something comes up.

Most of these ideas are for characters who wouldn't carry a set on their own. Cyclops MAYBE, but Captain Britain, Magneto, Moon Knight, I doubt it.

I'd love a Spider-Verse Spider-Man TTA set, but it doesn't seem to be in the offering.

Im not sure you saw the advertisement banner Kostis and i are rocking...

Magneto isn't as popular or well known as Venom (Ann Weying) I guess...

He's not as popular as Venom in general is my guess. They could throw in Weying because they had a Venom that would hook people: Venom Unleashed. Which was one of the most kickass minimates ever. It'd take a special kind of Magneto to hook people in for a 4 pack. And my guess is DST doesn't have an idea for one that'd make everyone want the set. Otherwise they'd make it.

Venom is unique in the sense that the character of the symbiote takes control of hosts, which allows you to slide Ann in there, adding Flash helps sell a lot too. I don't think it was really a through the ages set as much as a who's been possessed by the symbiote set. I think the best of Venom's alternate look should have been in the box insted of the tampoed face EB Venom. Venom Unleashed is one of my all time favorites! Captain Marvel I feel is the same way in the sense that there's a lot of humanoids who take up the mantle, just like more then one person has been Venom. I think that it could at least be a con exclusive, some cool looking characters like Genis Vell, and then add a Mrs. Marvel redo, Now! Captain Marvel, and Mar Vell. About Magneto, he's my favorite Marvel character and I don't believe we've had a definitive figure yet. I kit bash to make an ideal version so I can live without a "best of" version. When I think innovation, maybe a piece like Peter Pan's Tinkerbell accessory where you can attach what ever you want to make it look like he's useing his powers. I don't know about everyone else but I'm looking forward to the day he's given the best of treatment and paired with a properly painted brown Wolverine, who doesn't come with a black pair of hands, although I'll take a red sword! What a cool throw back that set would be!

And think about it... With classic, New Mutants, and AoA Magneto all in the bag, the set would be hard pressed to feature anything MAGnificent. Sure, NOW black and/or NOW white would be cool, but not together in one boxset. And that leaves... bearded coma Magneto? Xorn? X-Men 1e pajama Magneto?

Magneto's had plenty of crazy ass costumes over the years. Venom is essentially the same look over and over and he's not nearly as popular as he was 15 or 20 years ago, but what do I know? Screw it, give me a Doctor Doom though the ages.

young bandaged face revolutionary Victor von Doom from Books Of Doom

"Unthinkable" armor Doom

white cloaked Future Foundation Doom

Doom 2099

really this set is just an excuse to get me a damn Doom 2099!

However popular Venom is today, that set sold exactly how DST wanted it to. I don't recall seeing anyone sell it at a significantly reduced price, let alone on clearance. I doubt they'd manage the same kind of results with most of the other characters that have been mentioned here.

I would put Venom, Cyclops, Magneto, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, and Punisher all at the same level. Again going back to a Spanish lesson I did with students involving superheros and colors I was shocked to find out that about maybe 3 out of 92 kids knew those types of characters. The only ones that all 92 knew were Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, and The Ninja Turtles. If middle school students don't know those B level characters, I'm pretty sure most parents would have no idea who they are either.

But then again, I had completely forgotten about that Venom set so I feel like Ghost Rider or Punisher sets would work.

Shame that we may not get any more TTA box sets. Despite this, here's a set of Dazzler TTA that I was recently commissioned to complete. There were plenty of outfits to choose from but here's Xtreme X-Men, Disco, Age of Apocalypse, Age of X and Excalibur versions.

post-1790-0-30372500-1424378991_thumb.jp

Shame that we may not get any more TTA box sets. Despite this, here's a set of Dazzler TTA that I was recently commissioned to complete. There were plenty of outfits to choose from but here's Xtreme X-Men, Disco, Age of Apocalypse, Age of X and Excalibur versions.

attachicon.gifDazzler Ages.jpg

AoX and Excalibur are AMAZING!

Don't get me wrong, the others are great, too, but... those two... WOW!

• 1 month later...