UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spongebob Minimates

The two Mr. Krabs sets I got from DST at C2E2 look identical to the pic on the previous page, I think which is from the TRU set.

You will just miss out on the blue Perch Perkins.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The local TRU here in Bloomington/Normal, IL just got the four pack and so I got two sets one to give my godson who is 4 and loves SpongeBob and one for myself to open an use as the needs arises in my customizing endeavors.

• 1 month later...
Spongebob Squarepants Minimates Series 02

A Diamond Select Toys release! Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy... UNITE! The superheroes of SpongeBob SquarePants' undersea world have joined the SpongeBob Minimates line, and this assortment couldn't get any more super! Super-chums Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy make up one 2-pack, with another dedicated to Super Acquaintances SpongeBob (as Quickster) and Patrick (as Elastic Waistband). Mr. Krabs' daughter Pearl comes with happy fish Harold, plus be on the lookout for a rare, one-per-case 2-pack of Robot Mr. Krabs with an angry Harold! Each Minimates mini-figure features up to 14 points of articulation as well as interchangeable parts and accessories, and each 2-pack comes packaged on a full-color blister card. Designed by Art Asylum!

post-6422-0-07937400-1434549437_thumb.jp

Luke still has them, I think. thumbsup.gif

I've never been a big fan of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (HOW DARE YOU MOCK AQUAMAN!), but the figures are pretty cool. Pearl is really sharp. I did not realize that was Robot Krabs at first glance, but man is that cool. One of my favorite episodes. I hope there's a Plankton tampo underneath?

Jeff is killing it with the posts. It's 7:46 and I feel so late to the party!

image_zpsfjxkj9gf.jpg

I may add Pearl, I'm not quite sure if I want to collect the line to completion or not though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not that I am aware of. Sales of Spongebob at their C2E2 debut were poor. SDCC was better, but I do not think it changed minds. And most of our Con exclusive Minimates runs are still fairly large, and require a certain amount of retailer support, which Series 2 did not have.