UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 62 is coming.....

Nessex

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel has let DST do mates all these years and has yet to allow them to give ghost rider any kind of bike. I'm happy the glider eventually happened, but if it came down to getting "a" ghost rider bike, and DST having problems renewing the license for being too pushy, I'll live without the bike.

Edited by arnim zola

The point is that the current agreement doesn't allow vehicles.

The first Green Goblin didn't come with a glider because it was considered a vehicle (either by DST or Marvel). I'm not sure how DST managed to get Marvel to approve the addition of a glider later on but I suspect it was because technically it was a stand with no working parts.

That same loophole should have been exploited to give the ASM2 movie Goblin his glider (it worked for Spider-Man 3 and might still be able to allow a bike for Ghost Rider that's just a stand). For some reason, DST was hesitant to even ask to include a glider despite the precedents.

As for Ghost Rider's motorcycle... agreements change all the time. If DST really wants to do it, they need to keep bringing it up with each renewal. It's standard practice to inquire about making addendums. I doubt it would be perceived as "being too pushy." It's not like they're nagging them on a weekly basis.

Even though I understand & can appreciate that DST isn't really at liberty to discuss rights they don't currently have, I really do hope they take opportunities to periodically examine vehicles for the Marvel license.

Fantasticar. Blackbird. Quinjet. Cap & Blaze's motorcycles. The Spidey-Mobile. Helicarriers. Too much awesomeness to ignore.

And what ever happened to that SWAT personnel carrier vehicle?

They got around the blackbird, they just couldn't label it officially. I figured if the glider got made because it's a stand then GR bike could be done the same way but it hasn't. The wheels are covered in fire so as a big plastic stand it shouldn't in any way count as a vehicle.

Even though I understand & can appreciate that DST isn't really at liberty to discuss rights they don't currently have, I really do hope they take opportunities to periodically examine vehicles for the Marvel license.

Fantasticar. Blackbird. Quinjet. Cap & Blaze's motorcycles. The Spidey-Mobile. Helicarriers. Too much awesomeness to ignore.

And what ever happened to that SWAT personnel carrier vehicle?

That SWAT vehicle looked awesome. I don't think there was enough interest from buyers.

Minimates vehicles need to follow the same mix & match play pattern as the figures do, in my opinion. You should be able to take a gun turret off a tank and put it on a jet and take the wings off a jet and put them on an APC, etc. The MAX jets did that just fine but with only one vehicle in a line, it's hard to demonstrate that kind of play pattern.

Unfortunately that kind of play pattern probably precludes DST from offering Marvel vehicles since it step on both Hasbro's and LEGO's toes.

The story resulted in some of the characters being 'inverted'. Heroes became villains and vice versa.

Kluh is the inverted Hulk. Hobbie & Carnage are as they appeared in the books while they were attempting to be heroes.

A few quick (potentially dumb) questions: Why are these called "Heroic Carnage" and "Heroic Hobgoblin"? Who is Kluh?

Strange, Wanda and Doom tried to pull a whammy on the Skull and everyone on Genosha got inverted. Good guys gone bad, bad guys gone good and all that. Kluh is the Hulk's Hulk.

The point is that the current agreement doesn't allow vehicles.

The first Green Goblin didn't come with a glider because it was considered a vehicle (either by DST or Marvel). I'm not sure how DST managed to get Marvel to approve the addition of a glider later on but I suspect it was because technically it was a stand with no working parts.

That same loophole should have been exploited to give the ASM2 movie Goblin his glider (it worked for Spider-Man 3 and might still be able to allow a bike for Ghost Rider that's just a stand). For some reason, DST was hesitant to even ask to include a glider despite the precedents.

As for Ghost Rider's motorcycle... agreements change all the time. If DST really wants to do it, they need to keep bringing it up with each renewal. It's standard practice to inquire about making addendums. I doubt it would be perceived as "being too pushy." It's not like they're nagging them on a weekly basis.

tumblr_nda8fsYNKr1tfg6t4o1_500.gif

Movie goblin glider was not a question of permissions, only time.

And I'm pretty sure we asked about Marvel vehicles until we were told to stop asking. There is actually a point when one can be too pushy.

62 case assortment is even-packed.

Movie goblin glider was not a question of permissions, only time.

And I'm pretty sure we asked about Marvel vehicles until we were told to stop asking. There is actually a point when one can be too pushy.

Timing made the most sense to me but someone asked DST about the glider. My memory might be foggy but I recall Chuck's answer saying something to the effect of "When Mom says it's okay, you don't question it!" Which seemed baffling at the time given the context. I think what he meant was that DST had successfully snuck the glider past Marvel before. They didn't want to draw attention to that under-the-radar precedent to get the movie glider made.

And if "vehicles" are off the table then maybe the conversation needs to be changed to "stands" to get Ghost Rider his motorcycle. cool.png