UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me on record as being completely bemused by just about everything surrounding the distribution of this new line .

My guess is Paizo knows how to distribute board games. not toys. Seems the wanted to liquidate those promos as fast as possible with no cares about who they went to.

Put me on record as being completely bemused by just about everything surrounding the distribution of this new line .

yeah, what happened to promises of coming here and letting us know where/when things would be available? Hmmm....

Maybe they didn't care for the tone some folks greeted then with our have taken sinceh and decided not to follow through. I don't know that's the case, but I can't sayfI'd blame them

Maybe orders of the boxset severely underperformed, the goblin stock was clearanced out, and Paizo decided to step away from Minimates.

Just another theory...

Maybe they filled a hoarder's order first.

Hoarders... dry.png

My theory, as well, but how many could MovieMars have really gotten? I was told they really moved at the show and if that is true, stock had to have been limited.

I placed my order with Movie Mars very shortly after MM posted about them. After no shipping update, I inquired about the status and was told today that part of the order was due to ship out in a day or two and the rest were on back order, (I ordered 2 of each). After two weeks that's what they came back with. I know that orders placed after mine were fulfilled so it's pretty annoying to read the email response I received.

I'm really feeling let down by Paizo as well. They came in with an unsolicited long post that amounted to sales hype for the two packs with the promise of the goblin promos to come. After what was supposed to be half of the order being shipped back to their home office didn't pan out and then discovering the surplus at DST, we were told that they would indeed be on the Paizo site and to patiently wait while they were mailed from DST to Paizo. And then, nothing. No change to their website and no more updates or explanations on why the long post of promises didn't come through.

So I have to turn to this Movie Mars site, which is just terrible, and then get screwed around some more. I know that Paizo isn't directly responsible for how lousy my experience with Movie Mars has been, but if they would have followed through with what they came in here and posted all in caps about, then the Paizo Minimates experience would have been a fairly good one instead of the frustrating debacle it has turned into.

Maybe they filled a hoarder's order first.

Hoarders... dry.png

My theory, as well, but how many could MovieMars have really gotten? I was told they really moved at the show and if that is true, stock had to have been limited.

Interesting. Looks like they have 90+ of Munchkin and 70+ of the other three. Thanks for the heads up. I'm in for a set.

My guess is Paizo knows how to distribute board games. not toys. Seems the wanted to liquidate those promos as fast as possible with no cares about who they went to.

I don't want to believe this but I mean come on, the evidence bro, the evidence.

Sorry to hear about all these Movie Mars horror stories people are having. I myself was not impressed with their order status updates either, hence why I waited to post about them here. I wanted to make sure something actually showed up in my mail box before letting the cat out of the bag. I agree that it is odd that Paizo has kept very quiet about these promo mates after telling the lot of us (in this very thread) that they would post an update as soon as they received their "over stock" GenCon goblins from DST. Not a good way to promote a new toy line with an establish toy collecting community such as ours. nono.gif

So I called customer service, and they said that they have most of my order and they are waiting for the other part to arrive. So i said, "You mean you don't have them in stock?" and the rep said, no we do but they are all coming in from different warehouses" so while they are in stock they cant process the order until all the parts get to them. Um What?

Then they said after period of 15 days if the not present parts of the order dont arrive they will refund those parts and send what they do have. I said is there any way to just wait it out, and they said "unfortunately no, at that point you would have to order those through someone else" to which I said, "No no no no no, You are the only people who have these, that's why you are answering all these calls about them." Then if it gets canceled and the parts Im missing do arrive they go back into stock or fill other lucky peoples orders while I'm shorthanded.

So to summarize, part of my order is waiting on the other part to arrive so they can merge together to transform into a package on its way to my house, and if the missing part hasn't arrived by the 26th (way more that 15 days since i ordered) then they will cancel part of the order and refund me for those parts. All because this small internet business keeps its stock all over the place? I'm more perplexed than I am frustrated.