UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

Crap. That Chair is awesome. Aaaaaaaand now i'm gonna need to buy two of that pack so i can QC Xavier from the first 3 films :D

Thanks for the share Zach. It's a great sculpt.

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as they can take advantage of the peripheral marketing for one or the other, I think it's fine.

As I've said elsewhere, I'd prefer to wait for the home video release if only because it gives manufacturers time to develop better product and retailers more time to gauge demand.

That's why I wish they'd offer the LCS series later. Let TRU offer the most popular characters (when the DO take them). Give the direct market what they want in terms of more obscure variants or characters when the source material is available, at least in terms of movie product.

Of course with the sporadic way TRU has been offering product lately, there's no telling what might hit first. (Tomb Raider, I'm looking at you!)

Interesting, but that assumes that an LCS is not going to want the main characters, as well, and doesn't care if they get them near the movie. A wave of obscure or secondary characters, released months after TRU's assortment, when the movie has possibly disappointed all potential customers, will probably not be as desirable.

In this case, this assortment is exclusively at comic shops and specialty stores, and it has a lot of the main characters in it, so even if it comes out later in the summer of fall, LCS interest will still be reasonably high.

• 4 weeks later...

Why wouldn't they? They've been designed and the only reason we haven't seen them is because the licensor hasn't signed off yet. I haven't seen anything that indicates these aren't happening.

In other news, I was not thrilled that they brought Halle Berry back as Storm, but if this trailer is indicating what I think it is, I'm ok with it.

From the most recent Q&A:

Matt K.: Good evening DST folks. I was lookin thru photos from the new york toy fair and saw hints of the movie versions of the days of future past folks. I was just wondering with those sets, are there accompanying toys r us sets for those. And are we going to see young and old versions of magneto and prof. X? as well as minimates of havok and toad and Trask and a sentinel? AND when these sets come out how long will it be before we see a box set comic version of the days of future past characters?
Keep up the good work! TTFN!
DST Chuck: Those are still with the studio for approval, so anything I would say could still be changed. We’re going to have to hear from them soon to get that set out at all, so hopefully we have some news for you soon.

Trailer looks good. Up until that point I haven't been thrilled with the prospects of this movie. . .I'm still a bit skeptical, but I'm convinced to go watch it at the theaters if I can.

I think we seriously need to be concerned about these. The Guardians of the Galaxy set is listed as 57, according to Luke's. Meaning either we will see 58 before 57, we will see this with the DVD release, or we will not see these at all....

But, hey! New trailer! :woot:

Valo487, on 25 Mar 2014 - 08:52, said:

One day I will understand why Fox doesn't want to make money off of this property. It won't be anytime soon though.

If they weren't making plenty of money from the movie and the DVD sales, I doubt they'd keep making them. Merchandise is a separate issue altogether, not sure why there isn't more info out there about that. I mean, I think I know the answer, but it's not my place to say.

I don't think 58 (DOFP) will come out before 57 (GOTG); we renumbered them so they would be in the correct release order. GOTG has leapfrogged DOFP.

Valo487, on 25 Mar 2014 - 08:52, said:

One day I will understand why Fox doesn't want to make money off of this property. It won't be anytime soon though.

If they weren't making plenty of money from the movie and the DVD sales, I doubt they'd keep making them. Merchandise is a separate issue altogether, not sure why there isn't more info out there about that. I mean, I think I know the answer, but it's not my place to say.

That's what I meant, there hasn't been a great deal of merchandise made for the X-Men films, especially compared to the Marvel Studios or new Spider-Man films. DST has done the most, and even you guys have been forced to skip certain characters because they don't get you reference materials in time. They make the majority of their profits from the movies, but there hasn't been a real merchandise spread available since X-Men Origins: Wolverine.