UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Sin City" Minimates

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I love a large portion of the Miramax library, I think the retail sales potential of Minimates for most of it (outside this board, I mean) is dicey at best, no matter the number of Oscar noms. But they have a lot of movies that would be phenomenal, and we're working on several of them.

I think Sin City 'mates will be much more in demand once images come out, the only thing I've seen is an out of focus banner from SDCC, so it's hard to ask questions when the whole line is so vague at this stage, to us I mean. I do hope that they make normal color versions of the characters as well as the black-and-white, as much as I love the black-and-white aesthetic I think that color versions would be much easier to integrate into already existing collections.

Oh, by the way, you may want to move this thread. This is not a comic-based line. It is movie-based.

We took care of that a while back, once we saw the movie poster at SDCC. ;)

I like both The Walking Dead comic and TV series. The only reason I'm buying the 'mates from the comic is because they're in color. If they hadn't been, I'd be waiting patiently for the TV series 'mates instead. (Yeah, I know AMC's shown episodes converted to black & white, just stating my preference.)

That said, I appreciate DST's strive for authenticity. I fully expect the Sin City movie 'mates to be largely black & white figures with splashes of color here and there, just like the source material. I'd have passed on comic-based 'mates without a second thought but I'm waiting to see these in person before pulling the trigger. Knowing AA, they'll be hard to resist.

Not doing a blanket license, that I know of. Just the Kevin Smith library, Pulp Fiction and Sin City for now.

What, no Blanket? Who's my Michael Jackson custom going to dangle off the balcony now?

I, for one, am ecstatic that the Walking Dead Minimates are in full color.

Amen! B&W mates are so dull.

If the WD line were to continue to be sold the same way, and I think it's changed, if the variant came with the exact same zombie maybe make the duplicate in B&W....

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, how'd that Kubrick get mixed in with my Minimates!?!?!?! :P

These look great, I love all the new sculpted pieces! I'm sure there will be some turned off by the B&W, but I think it works for this movie. Zach, any word if we can expect full color 'mates as well, or is it just B&W for this line (minus yellow bastard of course)?

Edited by youbastards