UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Sin City" Minimates

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The B&W argument is different for Sin City than TWD for all the reasons Dr. Baghead lists. The comic covers and the mega-popular TV show made anything but color a silly choice for TWD. That said, the occasional black-and-white set has not been out of the question, especially once the line was seen to be successful. Maybe if the SC line takes off the occasional color set will be possible.

JayBob and LiS were black-and-white first because we wanted to debut the lines at SDCC, and we thought the best way to do that would be with an exclusive. But the only existing tooling was the tooling for the first color set, so we did B&W versions, since it made sense for both. I imagine that if we thought the B&W one would be more popular, the color versions would have been the exclusives.

I didn't know about the disparity in NECA sales, but I do think that B&W SC MInimates will be just as popular as color ones, if not more so. If there was a logical way to offer color versions without affecting overall sales, I'm sure we'd jump on it, but for now, Dwight's shoes will be red, the Yellow Bastard will be yellow, and I think that occasionally blood will be red.

And I don't know enough about past arguments to know about DST's duck feet stance, but I believe we're now "anti." The line is constantly evolving, and now we have Frankenstein feet, Hulk feet, waist spacers... lots of alternatives. Perhaps someday someone will develop an alternative to black-and-white. Sepia tones?

Edited by DSTZach

I didn't know about the disparity in NECA sales...

I should say that fact was purely anecdotal, but well researched. My wife (then just my best friend, my how time flies...) was big into Marv so I wanted to get her a B&W Marv figure. I hit up MANY a Suncoast, Boarders, Tower Records, Virgin Megastore, the Sony Metreon, stores that still exist, Barnes and Nobel, Hot Topics, Spencers, and a couple cons trying to find one and only came across the evenly packed color Marv who looked... odd to say the least.

Maybe the color versions *eventually* sold, but the B&W ones definitely sold *first*

(also... I liked duck feet, not on Hulk or any of the characters they actually came with though, but they really add a little something to my custom B:BT&TB Aquaman and height corrected Sagat, and I put a pair under Colossus’ boots to make him tailer... they were good for adding height to skinny legged characters)

Dear Zach: You joke, but I would seriously buy a sepia tone minimate. That sounds incredibly cool! I asked about b&w SC vs TWD because I'd buy more b&w TWD like the Dale pack. As for red blood, someone else posted a SC pic of Benicio Del Toro from SC but his blood was not red. Sorry I havent watched this movie in a while, but isnt all the blood white in this film?

Dear Zach: You joke, but I would seriously buy a sepia tone minimate. That sounds incredibly cool! I asked about b&w SC vs TWD because I'd buy more b&w TWD like the Dale pack.

Oh really? :)

Are you saying more are coming? :) And a sepia toned mate would stand well with my promo and translucent mates

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
SIN CITY MINIMATES SER 2 BOX SET (C: 1-1-2)

Publisher: DIAMOND SELECT TOYS LLC

A Diamond Select Toys release! They killed
Goldie. And now they're gonna pay. Marv barrels his way into the Sin
City movie line, with a four-pack of Minimates based entirely on his
storyline, "The Hard Goodbye"! With Marv, Wendy, Kevin and Cardinal
Roark in one box set, this is guaranteed to be one of the most
hard-boiled Minimates sets ever made! Each Minimates mini-figure stands 2
inches tall and features a variety of interchangeable parts, weapons
and accessories. Comes packaged on a full-color blister card. Designed
by Art Asylum!
Item Code: AUG142282 In Shops: 12/31/2014 SRP: $19.99