UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 14

Lobsterman

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shaved off about half of each of IM's... balls. Lengthwise. The width is still there, and that's what matters. His legs stay on fine, have a good range of motion, and don't look as ridiculous. I still think this 'mate suffers from weird proportions, and the lack of any detailing on his lower legs above the shoe looks awkward. But with the ball socket fix, it's definitely passable.

Despite, IM's flaws, this is still a fun wave. Rhino is killer.

Thanks for the pictures, awesome Box

Makes me want to snatch one up! Hope I can find one without too deep a gash in it. Here's to Box!

This two pack is sweet...Heather Hudson +Box= two boxes!!!, three if you count the package(oh wait, wrong thing) :tongue:

Huge improvement, but there's still something of to me. His head looks to big, and his shins look under-designed compared to the rest of his legs. But still way better then he looks now. I may beal out the dremmel later and try that.

Seems to me they should have gone with a boot/shin piece like the Avengers movie Iron Man instead of just the foot piece we ended up with. Swapping those pieces might solve the proportion issue.

Found them at the TRU by the Dayton Mall in SW Ohio today.

Great to see somebody else from the Dayton area here on the boards. Guess that makes you competition now, though ;)

I picked up the Rhino/Iron Man set but I couldn't find Havok/Storm...

Rhino is amazing, though - Great use of the bulked up pieces!

Rhino is awesome and finally gives many of us a reason to store away the original figure. Vindicator and Box are welcome additions to the Alpha Flight team...now give me the second boxset!

Updated Havok is pretty cool. Storm reminds me of the old Toybiz figure from the X-Men toyline...and of course adding to the Outback team.

In terms of Iron Man though... I wish they'd revisit the Modular Armor again for a couple reasons... It's one of his cooler looking armors. It's featured quite a bit in the Marvel video games at the time Tony wore it (Marvel vs. Capcom, Marvel Super Heroes). And it was the armor he wore in the 90s cartoon so of course my being a fan of all the 90s Marvel toon stuff I want a better version of him.

As someone with a dremel to try and fix it, i'm not too bothered overall, but I'd just hate for a parent new to mates to buy this set for their kid only for it to fall apart instantly. But minus the leg situation, I'd say he's one of the best comic Ironmen yet.

I actually found this wave yesterday! (Which means Wave 13 just skipped Memphis, I guess?) Ultimate Cap and Spidey are both nice. No complaints about either. Box and Vindicator are both nice. Both of Vindicator's masks are too tight and don't come all the way down, but that's a minor quibble in an otherwise stellar set. Havok and Storm are both nearly perfect. My only gripe is Havok's screaming head. It would have been nice to have gotten a more neutral option. I've got plenty of spare heads to sub in, so it's certainly no deal breaker for what is easily me favorite 'mate of the wave. Rhino is great. Right now, he might even be my favorite bulked-up 'mate to date. Perfectly executed. This wave was so close to perfection. Then came Iron Man. He sucks. Even if his legs stayed on, he would still be pretty crappy. His legs are too skinny. His head and shoulders are too big and end up looking ridiculously out of proportion. No tampo under the shoulder armor either. I think some parts might get mismatched with some other IM 'mates to get a decent enough Extremis version. In an otherwise well-planned and well-executed wave, IM's badness really sticks out.

I agree. This to me is the worst Ironman to date. I even tried swapping a few other Ironman parts to get something decent with this one and honestly.....Nothing.

I may still see if I can find a torso with an ARC tampo just to see if it works without extra parts. If not, well....it just doesnt work.

I like him, Undeadpool.

Great shot, Punisher.

Ah, you don't count. You like 'em all!:biggrin:

I don't dislike him as much as some, but I'm not exactly thrilled by him either. Mine has one leg that stays on just fine, and another that falls off if it's moved. I have a feeling that this guy's going to be getting a lot of "worst Minimate" votes in a few months....

I agree that you shouldn't need to modify any new figure to make it right, but I prefer that to an issue I can't do anything about, like fat Colossus from Wave 47.

For those unhappy with the boots, here's Iron Man with the boots from the Avengers version (also a Stark head and movie open mask):

IronManMod.jpg

I like the new leg sculpt at lot actually, and I really like his new feet. What bothers me is the gap between the legs (Shut up, I know what I said) They're just so spaced apart that it looks off to me. That said, that extra space allows him to do a few poses other Iron Men can't. My legs stay on fine, just look weird.

But man oh man, Rhino is a dream come true.

I like the new leg sculpt at lot actually, and I really like his new feet. What bothers me is the gap between the legs (Shut up, I know what I said) They're just so spaced apart that it looks off to me. That said, that extra space allows him to do a few poses other Iron Men can't. My legs stay on fine, just look weird.

Just pretend Stark used Maximate Sentinel technology when building this armor :biggrin: