UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 14

Lobsterman

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, one more... the Rhino, which is awsome sauce cool, is a hybrid design. And those always bug me a little. By hybrid, I mean it's a classic Rhino suit for most of it, but it had the studded bracers on the ankles and wrists which Rhino wore during his Sinister Sydnicate stint when he added chest and shoulder armor and those studded bands over his classic suit. Again, it's a minor niggle that only a complete nutjob like myself would let bother him.

Yeah, I noticed that immediately when we first saw pics. I would have preferred a straight up classic version with no studs. Or even extra arms and a chest to make the updated version like all the stuff that came with the new Colossus? (Especially since I don't think that Iron Man/Rhino set comes with any accessories at all.)

Okay, one more... the Rhino, which is awsome sauce cool, is a hybrid design. And those always bug me a little. By hybrid, I mean it's a classic Rhino suit for most of it, but it had the studded bracers on the ankles and wrists which Rhino wore during his Sinister Sydnicate stint when he added chest and shoulder armor and those studded bands over his classic suit. Again, it's a minor niggle that only a complete nutjob like myself would let bother him.

Yeah, I noticed that immediately when we first saw pics. I would have preferred a straight up classic version with no studs. Or even extra arms and a chest to make the updated version like all the stuff that came with the new Colossus? (Especially since I don't think that Iron Man/Rhino set comes with any accessories at all.)

Me too. I'm sure I said it at the time the promo pics were released... but you can surely add me to the list of nutjob that it bothers. ;)

And Miry, I'm right there with ya on the incorrect armor orders in that Handbook. I think I've seen 'em out of order like that a couple of times and it always made me thinkg "Jeez, don't you guys know your own stuff?" Ah well. WE know the truth! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm new here >: )

I just recently picked up the IM/Rhino set and my IM has those bum hips that pop off if you stare at it long enough. I saw there was a dremel fix that might help. Can anyone elaborate? Are you just increasing the depth of the socket? Feels like there can't be much further to dremel out before you go right through the back. Is there a specific bit size you're using?

Thanks in advanced.

Hey guys, I'm new here >: )

I just recently picked up the IM/Rhino set and my IM has those bum hips that pop off if you stare at it long enough. I saw there was a dremel fix that might help. Can anyone elaborate? Are you just increasing the depth of the socket? Feels like there can't be much further to dremel out before you go right through the back. Is there a specific bit size you're using?

Thanks in advanced.

I shaved off about half of each of the ball joints, not the hips. The trick was doing a little at a time to make sure I got the fit just right. Here's an incredibly sophisticated diagram:

post-850-0-12333900-1354726304_thumb.jpg

Edited by Turtle

Thanks Picasso...err Turtle. Now I have a perfect understanding of what the fix is. Can knock that out with some sandpaper later >: )

This was my first (Marvel) set but I'm glad I didn't let this defect turn me away from picking up a lot more.

• 2 months later...