UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent Icon heroes a message saying we NEED Silverhawks (and Tigersharks) to go with these amazing T-cats, and they responded that they were currently not planning on doing anything with either one, but you never know down the line. I think people would be all about some Silverhawks Minimates. Maybe not so much Tigersharks, since they were more obscure, but Silverhawks would be just amazing! Ah, well, I'm still so grateful for the amazing Thundercats stuff that I won't be too disappointed! Really can't wait to see this 5th set!!

Wes

I don't think the fanbase for Silverhawks is anywhere close to what Thundercats is, but they might make for some cool designs. if they were to happen, they would have to be designed just like the old toys with the extremely limited arm movement. :P

Icon Heroes ONLY priority after Thundercats is Masters of the Universe. This NEEDS to happen.

Actual figures, I believe. We try not to show designs before we show figures, although this is Icon Heroes' product line. Ask them about Silverhawks.

Far be it from me to turn an offhand comment into rampant speculation, but should we be asking Icon about Silverhawks because, in a completely abstract sense, it seems like the kind of franchise they would go after and DST absolutely would not? Or should we be asking because you know something?

We didn't go after Thundercats, it was brought to us. So I figured you should ask the company that got the Thundercats and MOTU licenses and had Minimates made of one of them, and not the company that absolutely isn't doing them, as far as I know. But I know nothing.

From their reply to me yesterday, it really seems like it isn't something they are currently pursuing, but if more people inquire...you never know! Either way, we still have some awesome Thundercats Wave 5 minimates to look forward to.... The 4th character and the pack-in mini-figure (maybe a berbil?) are still a mystery to me, so I really cant wait to see what's in store. I also wonder how Pumyra's weapon will be portrayed. The weapon included with the toy looked pretty different than the one in the cartoon, and both were kinda nondescript! The thunderkittens' weapons were the same way, but DST did a great job bringing those to life. So excited!

Icon Heroes ONLY priority after Thundercats is Masters of the Universe. This NEEDS to happen.

I asked about the MoTU license and Minimates on Icon's facebook page and the response was not positive sad.png

EDIT: Those MOTU Lego figs look amazing... and i don't even like lego. I'd buy the sh*t out of those if we could get minimates of them.

Plus all of the Horde & the Great Rebellion characters.

Edited by Nessex

I just got my wave 3 set... There's so many accessories it's hard to figure out who gets what!

this is exactly why I just popped in... any help gents?

-Staffs: Cheetara (like the Sword of Omens it’s not two weapons but two sizes of the same weapon, short can be stored on her gauntlet)

-Blue Whip/Gold rod with red *ahem* balls: Tygra (the rod and balls, which yes, looks like a weird sex toy, can be spilt in two and attached to the whip... why his whip didn’t come with those pre-attached I have no idea)

-Surf Boards: either Thunderkitten, I think they’re indentical

-Pink Whip: Girl Kitten (can never remember which is Kit and which is Kat)

-Smoke Bomb (clear thing with red ball at the end) and Brown Whip: Boy Kitten

-tiny knife: Berbil

Great set! I really want Jaguara to come at some point...been wanting a figure of her for ages! Claudus would be nice too. Also, the Lunataks would be great.

An army builder set might not suck either...reptilian warriors, Tuska, Thunderian guards (to go along with Claudus), etc. So many to choose from...and a random Berbil thrown in would make the set even sweeter....I'd buy at least 3 or 4.

If this set with Pumyra was the last one though, I think the line had a great run and got to all the major characters but I really dont want it to end...not before we get a Jaguara!