• Dire Wraiths
    • HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

Zach, I don't think it has been said enough, but thanks for coming up with some great (and even some obscure) variations to the Marvel heavy hitters. This really makes this poll feel like it was intended for US, and not the casual fans or those that happen to stumble across the poll on Marvel.com.

Did you have final say on the variations for the polls? If not, were there any that you proposed but weren't allowed to use?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't lie: I voted for Iron Man 2020 exactly for the fact that he's a bad guy though I do wonder if he's likely to make it in later. There's more Arno Stark merchandise than I'd ever have thought would be made over the years but I think it's time. Other choice was based on the need for parts so I picked extra rocky Thing.

These are all surprisingly cool choices and I'm surprised how much I like them. I don't want Cap-Wolf but can appreciate how he might be used for Man-Wolf or Jack Russell... is it a guarantee that he'd have a fully sculpted head?

I love Cyborg Spidey but it's not a different enough look for me to actually vote on in a poll; though, if we can't get Deathlok with him, Doc Ock in his white suit would be an excellent second choice! Honestly, Revenge of the Sinister 6 could easily hold a whole wave though you'd have to bring in an army builder from somewhere else. That being said, if I had a third choice, I'd probably vote for GR since it's been ages since he's had a release and the character only has 3 past minimates.

OMG. I've been lurking on these boards for a little while, decided it was finally time to register just to comment on this. Revenge of the Sinister Six was one of my favorite stories. If there was ever a wave based on that, I would lose it! Mainly because that would probably be the best shot of ever getting a Sleepwalker minimate. :)

Welcome to the board! Always good to have another warm body around. Transfan I take it? :)

**SPOILER??**

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it kinda dribbled out over at thefwoosh during a discussion about the Wrecking Crew (a hot topic as you know). Fella with the handle of "MSWord" said, "we'll see how the Wrecker does in the upcoming poll."

:woot:

Are they including groups in the polls or just individual characters?

**/SPOILER??**

I won't lie: I voted for Iron Man 2020 exactly for the fact that he's a bad guy though I do wonder if he's likely to make it in later. There's more Arno Stark merchandise than I'd ever have thought would be made over the years but I think it's time. Other choice was based on the need for parts so I picked extra rocky Thing.

These are all surprisingly cool choices and I'm surprised how much I like them. I don't want Cap-Wolf but can appreciate how he might be used for Man-Wolf or Jack Russell... is it a guarantee that he'd have a fully sculpted head?

I love Cyborg Spidey but it's not a different enough look for me to actually vote on in a poll; though, if we can't get Deathlok with him, Doc Ock in his white suit would be an excellent second choice! Honestly, Revenge of the Sinister 6 could easily hold a whole wave though you'd have to bring in an army builder from somewhere else. That being said, if I had a third choice, I'd probably vote for GR since it's been ages since he's had a release and the character only has 3 past minimates.

OMG. I've been lurking on these boards for a little while, decided it was finally time to register just to comment on this. Revenge of the Sinister Six was one of my favorite stories. If there was ever a wave based on that, I would lose it! Mainly because that would probably be the best shot of ever getting a Sleepwalker minimate. :)

Welcome to the board! Always good to have another warm body around. Transfan I take it? :)

Transfan yes, but primarily comics....X-Men in particular. Slipstream comes from a very minor character in X-Treme X-Men back in the day.

Transfan yes, but primarily comics....X-Men in particular. Slipstream comes from a very minor character in X-Treme X-Men back in the day.

Slipstream, brother of Lifeguard, had warp portal "surfing" powers, another victim of M-Day depowering? Never heard of him. :whistling:

I'd say welcome to the madhouse but if you're coming from any of the Transforums I'm afraid we're going to seem downright placid by comparison.

And don't tease me, elhonez. There's wild, irresponsible speculation and then there's just starting hurtful rumors. ;)

Slipstream, brother of Lifeguard, had warp portal "surfing" powers, another victim of M-Day depowering? Never heard of him. :whistling:

You're making that up, right? There's no way those guys exist. No freakin' way.:unsure:

You're making that up, right? There's no way those guys exist. No freakin' way.:unsure:

Nope. That's the truth. Brother of heather whose job was being a lifeguard. They both lost their powers during m day. A quick look at the marvel wiki is always usefull.;)

Um....i read the same conversation...and i don't remember that AT ALL. I recall him saying they'd have to see how the SDCC sets and things do, but NOTHING about any individual Crew members...

Here's the direct quote from MSWord on the fwoosh forum:

"I think the only concern we have would be recognizability of the characters to younger collectors. We'll see how the Wrecker does in the upcoming poll."

Rumor mongering!! This guy!! <---

Edited by elhonez

Nope. That's the truth. Brother of heather whose job was being a lifeguard. They both lost their powers during m day. A quick look at the marvel wiki is always usefull.;)

Huh. That's odd. By himself, i can't imagine he'll garner many votes. People want the whole crew, not one-by-one. And, if he's logically in the villains poll, there's a VERY good chance he won't win.

Maybe the TRU poll?

I'm surprised we haven't seen Vengeance before a blue Ghost Rider (there's even two Vengeances to make).

I guess my other pick isn't too popular around here as Rocky Thing was probably my most wanted variant for a long time. He'd go great with a savage Grey Hulk as that fight between them was probably one of the more brutal Thing/Hulk fights I've ever read (even though it was Fixit at the time).

Would a link kill you guys? Or an explanation that Zach posts under that name on Fwoosh?:confused:

Wrecker obviously makes sense as a villain choice. So does Baron Zemo. I expect to see at least those two there.

Boy, those guys on Fwoosh can really be jerks, can't they? Even in the Minimate thread, it's an overly hostile tone....

Would a link kill you guys? Or an explanation that Zach posts under that name on Fwoosh?:confused:

Wrecker obviously makes sense as a villain choice. So does Baron Zemo. I expect to see at least those two there.

Boy, those guys on Fwoosh can really be jerks, can't they? Even in the Minimate thread, it's an overly hostile tone....

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=44153&start=3240#p2318404

Yea. That's why I only lurk at Fwoosh. Some of them are fun and sarcastic, but most of them are entitled jerks.

And i don't mean that Wrecker doesn't make sense, just that if this is the basis for the Crew to perform, it won't work. The Crew needs to be together at the same time, to guarantee they're all coming.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

http://thefwoosh.com...t=3240#p2318404

Yea. That's why I only lurk at Fwoosh. Some of them are fun and sarcastic, but most of them are entitled jerks.

And i don't mean that Wrecker doesn't make sense, just that if this is the basis for the Crew to perform, it won't work. The Crew needs to be together at the same time, to guarantee they're all coming.

I'm a member there, but I think I've posted less then a hundred times in five years. I mostly just like to vote in the polls.:biggrin:

Funny that they're giving Zach grief about the Wrecking Crew right after we did, though. They've always been really popular there. I hear ya, a box set would be best, or at least having them all in a wave paired with several heroes. Man, if they thought the badgering was bad before, imagine if we get the Wrecker and Chuck says in a Q&A "we've got no plans for the rest of the Wrecking Crew". :blink:

Edited by hellpop

Weren't the crew released seperatly in the marvel universe line? & I often remember wrecker being solo in a number of stories just so he could get beat up....... The guys like the WWE's brooklyn brawler :D

Wrecker was a single carded figure, with the rest of the Crew being released as Secret Wars-based two packs. Thunderball and Piledriver are both in the second Marvel Legends wave, so I'm sure Bulldozer and Wrecker aren't too far behind.

I would advise everyone to avoid the Marvel wiki like the plague, unless you want your computer to get a nasty infection.

Surprised it isn't up. When did the A-lister's poll drop yesterday?

Be a shame if this get's pushed back a week.

The polls are staggered weekly not daily.

Yes, but does last week's being delayed mean ALL of them are pushed back?

EDIT: Nevermind, Marvel changed the post. It now says that the polls begin TODAY, the 23rd. Sneaky sneaky, Marvel.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'm not saying a Hydro-armor Iron Man shouldn't be made, but I hope the IM armors don't turn into the variant strategy Kenner used with Batman (and Mattel continues): Arctic Armor Batman, Lava Blast Batman, Jungle Camo Batman, etc.

Though I guess there's Marvel precedent, as Hasbro has done the same thing with Spidey... sigh

I already know what Zachary considers an A-lister... What does the forum consider an A lister???

Anybody you see on a pillowcase at Wal-mart????