UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Munsters Minimates

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been looking forward to the Koach for a while now. got the b&w pre ordered now and i'm guessing the reg version is a TRU exclusive :rolleyes: crossing my fingers but so far the TRU vehicles have been easy to come by, still waiting for KITT to show up though, so we'll see

• 1 month later...

Looks like we ended up going that way. Black-and-white at specialty, color at TRU. I don't think you guys will have trouble.

Is there a market for these? If Godfather and Doctor Who didn't make it to production I'd be surprised if the Munsters did.

Doctor Who, I don't know what happened - technically, it wasn't our product, a la DC Mates, so I guess two companies and a licensor needed to get paid to make it worth their while? Not sure. But Godfather I can see not selling to TRU OR specialty, which I think is what happened. Or the deal fell through. But Munsters is solid. 7" fgures did very well at Specialty and TRU, and specialty sales for the Mini-Koach are strong. We'll be offering an electronic 1:15 Koach very soon.

I agree, pack Grandpa with a Drag-U-La car and a single boxset is all you need:

- Herman

- Lilly

- Eddie

- Marilyn

This! Make this happen DST!

If the Coach sells at TRU you could probably convince them to carry the color versions of the Drag-U-La and 4-pack then speciality can have the B&W versions doubling your profits for half the work! (but all the production cost I guess...)

Addams Family, on the other hand, could be several waves worth of awesome!!!

With Expendables getting us a JCVD minimate and SFxT getting us a Guile it’s super easy to make a SF:the movie Guile... so there MUST be a Gomez Addams minimate so I can make a proper M.Bison to fight him! (and yes, I’m aware the mates would likely be based on the original TV series or even more original comic rather then the 1990’s movie, but as far as I’m concerned Raul is Gomez so all Gomezes are in some way Raul)

I agree, pack Grandpa with a Drag-U-La car and a single boxset is all you need:

- Herman

- Lilly

- Eddie

- Marilyn

One and done! :)

Addams Family, on the other hand, could be several waves worth of awesome!!!

With Eddie, maybe we can finally get the child-sized minimate from the Father's Day prototypes?

I would like to see the Munsters as everyone mentioned as a boxed set for Herman, Lily, Eddie and Marilyn with Grampa and his Drac-u-La racer.

They could make Spot and Eddie as a special set but we never really have seen Spot but would be cool if he was in Minimate form.

I would love to see an Addams Family set to go with the Munsters.

Supplementing the one and done boxed set/dragula idea...

fig1026flg.jpg

+

fig1217flg.jpg

=

Uncle Gilbert Quick Custom...

family2.jpg

lolz...

THAT'S AWESOME :biggrin: glad I have extras of both of those, I'm so doing that when I get home, great idea Gillbob :thumbsup: makes me want Munsters mates even more

Maybe the reboot of the Munsters TV series will increase the visibility and desireability of this series.

If by that you mean the new Munsters show makes people miss the original Munsters show, I think you're on to something! Jerry O'Connell as Herman??I have my doubts... Maybe Eddie Izzard as Grandpa *might* help.

I've been watching a few episodes recently in preparation for the minimates, and every single one revolves around the "we sure don't fit in" gag. It's really, really tired. Maybe a new series can break from that formula?

I'd still buy every classic Munsters minimate just because of the monster-inspired style alone.

I'd still like to know how a Frankenstein's monster & a vampire gave birth to a werewolf? :lol:

One of the mailmen was a werewolf....

Or, if that's too shameful, remember a Frankenstein *is* made up of different "parts"

(to paraphrase Monster Squad, "Wolfman HAD nards!!)

Edited by monkeycrumb

I'd still like to know how a Frankenstein's monster & a vampire gave birth to a werewolf? :lol:

Or, if that's too shameful, remember a Frankenstein *is* made up of different "parts"

Now there's an image I did not need. Where was the spoiler tag on that? :lol:

Now there's an image I did not need. Where was the spoiler tag on that? :lol:

Oops that was too much I guess. Fine, he doesn't have wolfman nards, he just has ovaries. Did I mention again that the mailman was a werewolf? :lol: