UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Munsters Minimates

Rob, if you want help on this, let me know. There are several here and I can happily help you out. TRU.com is not taking any more of my cahs just to cancel my order.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

What an unexpected surprise I got this morning.

I was sitting at home after already being out getting the discounts from After Christmas bargains. I got a knock on my door, I opened it to see no one but I looked down and saw a box. The box simply had my address on it with no return address.

I noticed the Mailman getting back in his truck and thanked him for the delivery.

I went back inside with the box and went on to examine it. I could not find any information, so I openned the box and found Christmas wrapping paper surrounding a Munster Koach (colored version) with Herman. There was no additional information inside the box.

This is the TRU exclusive version but I have never seen it in my local TRU.

Well, I am happy to get it as I have been wanting one for my office display.

Thank you to whomever sent it to me. I am not sure who it would be but I am thankful for the gift.

Happy Holidays to all my fellow Minimate Collector & Customizers.

My local TRU got the Koach about two weeks ago. Today I bought the second to last one. I love it. Hopefully this means they are selling well enough to make the rest of the family. Lilly, Grandpa, Eddie, and I guess another Herman veriant...I suggest Bedtime Herman with night shirt and sleeping cap. Anyone can make a custom Marilyn, so one box set will do it. Accessories you say? Lunchbox, giant baseball bat, and some potions should cover it.

Love the car but my Herman Munster's 2nd head will not fit in.. The hole is much smaller that the regular head. Any advice on how to widen it without breaking it?

I had to force it, but it went on... eventually.

Thanks.. I'll just keep trying.

As for the vehicle, I think it is pretty awesome. I have my Universal Monsters posed in it and it looks great. The rubber tires and detailed design are close to perfect. It makes me wish the BTTF car had these tires and detail. <sigh>

• 1 month later...

So, Toy Fair has come and gone, and no word on finishing the family!

That Munsters Coach is hands down the *finest* minimate vehicle released so far, and I need the family to fill in the seats!

I agree with you - the Koach is an underrated classic. And after seeing how well Herman turned out, I wouldn't mind getting the rest of the family in Minimate form.

I've got to admit that I've been dragging my feet on picking the coach up (despite how cool it looks), as I get so tired of being sucked-in to DST lines that never get completed. I realize that I'm part of the problem: if item doesn't do well at retail, line doesn't continue. However, like myself, I think quite a few people are holding back until we can get some confirmation that DST has plans to go forward with at least one box set completing the Munster family. It's a sad cycle.