UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, why are these so awesome? Now I need them all as opposed to just getting the IF/LC pack. With a head swap you can have both classic Hulk and Ultimates Hulk (can somebody see if the colours match btw?) and this Spidey look like the definitive McFarlane Spider-Man. gah.gif

ok first of all... i was only planning on getting the Cage/Iron Fist set, but that Spider-Man would look so good on my 'deadly foes' display. The other two sets i could probably pass on (i like the current Hawkeye from TRU and i have the Disney mate if I decide to go old school. And is the Pym really that different? I'd love to see a side by side.), but i'm curious... any issues with Iron Man's leg? Isn't this the same TRU Iron Man that a lot of people had issues with? i hope one of the comic shops in my area got these. i'm so going shopping this weekend if they did.

That Iron Fist and Power Man set is uhhhhhmazing!

Does Iron Fist have new wrapped hands? It looks like you can move these hands around unlike the last Iron First that was released.

The hands are just sculpted to look like a minimate hand, it's all one piece.

I can't do any color comparisons because the rest of my mates are in storage.

I really dig all of these and I'm glad to see Spidey's wrist tampos were fixed from the prototypes. That Hawkeye was way too good of a figure to only be available as a Disney exclusive so I'm glad more people can get him now. I think Hulk may actually be my favorite, somebody was definitely reading their Hulk Masterworks Vol 1 when they designed that face tampo!

That Iron Fist and Power Man set is uhhhhhmazing!

Does Iron Fist have new wrapped hands? It looks like you can move these hands around unlike the last Iron First that was released.

The hands are just sculpted to look like a minimate hand, it's all one piece.

I can't do any color comparisons because the rest of my mates are in storage.

Yeah, its the same piece from the TRU Tomb Raider Scavengers set. No articulation, just great sculpting!

fig1815flg.jpg

With a head swap you can have both classic Hulk and Ultimates Hulk (can somebody see if the colours match btw?)

The grey is a pretty close match!

And is the Pym really that different? I'd love to see a side by side.

I'll try to get a side-by-side this weekend, but one of the first things I noticed with the new Ant-Man is the color scheme. The blues are much darker, and really makes the 'mate stand out! Definitely an upgrade, in my opinion.

I gotta say that I think the tampo'd taped hands works better than the sculpted ones. Just looks too bulky to me here, as it did with the prior release. I really like how it turned out on Wildcat.

TL4ZaA6.jpg

*hail Ivan*

I've actually become a bit handy with a dremel, though. Hmm. . .

that spidey might become my go to one, can the spider sense come off?

On the previous one it went into a hole in his head I believe. So, it should be able to come off.

Edited by karamazov80

I would think Storm would warrant a Best Of release by now, along with Jean.

Alongside Widow (Though she has had like 3 Mates in the past year, lol. I don't think she is gonna need another one.)

I am hoping a Spidey villain gets a feature soon, like campy Electro.

No females yet in three Best Ofs.

Daredevil Yellow and Elektra Black would be cool. Too looks not been redone since Wave 1, and would be a cool "tribute" to see.

Wasp would also be nice and her only minimate not counting a zombie head was awesome and still is. Though with Ant Man just released I'm not sure who she'd pair with. Maybe Vision?

I could see Prof X being done here as well with the new DOFP wheelchair, possibly paired with Phoenix or classic Cyclops

Two anchor characters could be a Stealth Iron Man with Black Suit Spidey, perhaps with some of the carnage tendrils to simulate the Symbiote effect

First thing I noticed after opening these is that there are a lot of smiles on these figures. Great wave and I'm probably going to buy another set just for all the alternate looks they come with.

I noticed all the smiles too, it's almost a little unnerving. They should make great heads for civilian hero customs though.

that's good to know, Zach. i was under the impression people had found wave 3 already. still, i wonder why no one has wave 59. things from another world got the alien mates in 2 weeks ago, but no marvel. i'll wait another week or 2, and then i'll likely just order from Luke.

Edited by CortherX