UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

I think there's been a lot of good suggestions so far. I'd love to see a classic Human Torch and Invisible Woman as well as Marvel Girl and Falcon. But...here are my guesses:

Coming in 2016!

Best of Marvel - Series 4:

Classic Green Hulk & Classic Thor

Classic Spider-Man & Classic Daredevil

Classic Iron Man & Captain America

Classic Wolverine & Deadpool

Edited by MisterMiracle

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there really some blockade on X-characters and the FF for DST? I had a great idea for a wave 4 but it'd be too X heavy I guess.

There's no blockade but licensees certainly aren't encouraged to offer X-Men or FF product.

An X-Men wave seems like a no-brainer for a "Best of" assortment, especially given how well Series 59 has done, but to Zach's point, the group has been through so many costume changes over the years that it would be hard to choose a truly ironic look.

Is there really some blockade on X-characters and the FF for DST? I had a great idea for a wave 4 but it'd be too X heavy I guess.

There's no blockade but licensees certainly aren't encouraged to offer X-Men or FF product.

An X-Men wave seems like a no-brainer for a "Best of" assortment, especially given how well Series 59 has done, but to Zach's point, the group has been through so many costume changes over the years that it would be hard to choose a truly ironic look.

Yeah, if we do get a Best of X-wave, it would either be Astonishing, Bryne, or 90s stuff

I'd really like a solid red with lines Torch too. Hell, they could re-release the same tampo details from the "Nova Flame" one from that TRU wave 15 but with red solid body parts and yellow translucent flames.

My choice for Best of Series 4 would be:

- Human Torch (solid/lined and come with the big flaming "4" base from TRU 15) and Invisible Woman (same paint color/4 logo as Best of Reed is a requirement). She'd be solid with extra phasing clear arms/legs and the big shield base from series 48.

-Classic red/white Falcon ('70s Kirby version with Redwing and a flight stand) and Astral Doctor Strange (with magic hands and the swirly foot base).

- Green skirt Marvel Girl and blue/yellow Cyclops ( who would come with two masks, one with the optic blast firing and one without).

- Classic bulked-up Abomination and either a re-do Stealth Iron Man using the Classic Heroic Age body or Hydro Armor Iron Man. Either way, Shellhead would come with a blue flight base.

I'd make it Hulk Buster IM and I'd give Strange a lotus position set of legs.

Yeah, if we do get a Best of X-wave, it would either be Astonishing, Bryne, or 90s stuff

I'd actually be okay with the Astonishing era looks getting a fresh update with how far the line has come since they were first released or new sculpts/repaints of the Giant Size X-Men if we could somehow get Banshee and Sunfire added to it.

90s Black Widow/Romani Scarlet Witch

Would that be the short Hair/gray bodysuit BW? I'd be down with that!
Especially if she comes with Alternate pieces to have her wearing the brown leather jacket w/ A logo on the shoulder. Those were all the rage in the 90's tongue.png

Look at this - there's like 4 people wearing one! Bah ha ha ha

bRmOh.jpg

You X-People are unbelievable. You just got a new wave of the X-Men, and now you want a Best of wave too?

marilyn-monroe-yuck-.gif

That said, a redo of Cyclops in his classic blue and yellow togs is long overdue. So, you can have your Cyclops/Marvel Girl set, okay? BUT THAT'S IT. No more X-Men waves until I get my Avengers vs Squadron Supreme wave!

BTW, "90's Black Widow"? Frank Miller designed that costume in, like, 1982.

I want all of those characters in those costumes, jackets and all. Not in a "Best Of" wave, but sometime.

I think the chances of seeing Cyclops/Marvel Girl in a "Best Of" wave is pretty low since Marvel Girl would need a new mask and these waves are all about parts reuse. Wolverine or Professor X would be more likely.

Cyclops (classic skullcap) / Marvel Girl (green skirt). yes.

Falcon (classic) / Captain America (Kirby)

Invisible Woman (to match Reed) / Dragon Man (or: Wizard, Psycho-Man, Awesome Android, Attuma, etc.)

Thor (of some kind) / Enchantress (or: Executioner, Hela, Surtur, Ulik, Kurse, etc.)

I was thinking: Invisible Woman could come with Franklin (4 1/2) & HERBIE pack-ins instead of a second figure.

Hmm, let me throw my hat into the ring (I'm going with just repaints, and not new characters):

Ghost Rider (90s Dan Ketch)/Doctor Strange (Astral Projection or Super-Hero)

Black Widow (grey)/Vision (white)

Black Panther (classic purple-ish)/Abomination (bulked-up)

Falcon (classic red)/Hulkbuster (re-use)

Yeah, "super hero" Dr. Strange is a great idea... he could also be packed with a classic Dormammu, since we've technically gotten one already with MVC (I had forgotten about the repaint constraint). Strange + Dormammu replacing Thor/Enchantress on my list. :)

Yeah, "super hero" Dr. Strange is a great idea... he could also be packed with a classic Dormammu, since we've technically gotten one already with MVC (I had forgotten about the repaint constraint). Strange + Dormammu replacing Thor/Enchantress on my list. smile.png

A classic Dormammu would be brilliant!

Have we gotten new costumes in the Best Of waves? No, right? Just new versions of previous costumes, I thought.

I know we've never gotten new characters in them...

Luke Cage / Power man was a new costume we hadn't seen before.

I guess bulked up grey Hulk was technically a costume we've had, albeit in the non-bulked up form.

Keep in mind that Series 3 reflected the direction the Marvel live-action universe was taking. Luke Cage and Iron Fist were coming to Netflix. Ant-Man was getting a movie. Grey Hulk was rumored to be in Age of Ultron.

And "new" characters added to another "Best of" assortment will probably be tied to upcoming films and TV series. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doctor Strange and some Inhumans making the cut as well as Falcon and Scarlet Witch.